Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bow thrusters-home made or bought. which is better  (Read 2848 times)

tjones27

Bow thrusters-home made or bought. which is better
« on: November 18, 2010, 02:48:19 pm »

Hi,
im looking for a bow thruster to go into my Modified Paula III by Robbe. but i dont know which size is best, i dont want it to be too big and heavy otherwise her nose wont lift out of the water, but yet i dont want it to be too small for it not to effective. i know this kit doesnt need a bow thruster but it's jsut something i fancy doing. dimesnions are:

Length: 710 mm
Width: 215 mm
Scale: 1:25
Total displacement: 2500 g

Any ideas of where to get a suitable sized one from or even make. i would be happy to experiment with both. maybe by making one myself i can keep the weight towards the rear rather than at the front, or is that not worth doing?

Cheers Tj

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
Re: Bow thrusters-home made or bought. which is better
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 04:07:39 pm »

Hi TJ

It all depends on what you want it for, i used washer pumps im my Robbe Norderney solely for using as a working boat, in the Tamar lifeboat i have used the Raboesch propellor type as i want it to look like the real one as much as i can...

Russ

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Bow thrusters-home made or bought. which is better
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 07:45:25 pm »

Think you're a bit limited for space with a home made system? Why not put in a Graupner 1785 thruster £22.95? I've got them fitted in my Sydney Star bow and stern and they're great fun to play about with. I've got a Paula III, it's what I'd probably put in if I wanted one fitting. Remember you'll need an esc for it too, got each of mine running on a Mtroniks Viper Marine 15. Raboesch also do a mini thruster for £20.79, lower down on the page. Also good choice from Westbourne Model Centre. Keep us posted, Dave.  :-))

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/bow_thrusters.html

http://www.westbourne-model.co.uk/rudders-kort-nozzle-bow-thrusters-2437-0.html

rathikrishna

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 22 queries.