Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: plastic or brass props  (Read 1309 times)

returnee

plastic or brass props
« on: December 15, 2010, 10:33:31 pm »

Looking at the props in the kit I have bought (Yorkshireman) , they are plastic . should I upgrade to brass. I know this sounds a bit naive but I am 40 years out of date.

Roadrunner

Re: plastic or brass props
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 10:40:56 pm »

go with brass they will last longer and look the part  :-)) think the yorkshire man needs 45-50 mm props to there not going to dent your wallet to bad,

try the prop shop http://www.prop-shop.co.uk/ :-)) oh make sure you buy lh and rh props!!

returnee

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 10:25:04 am »

Thanks for that, I will go away and order them. Thanks for mentioning the contra rotating bit.

BigA

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 11:09:04 am »

Brass is a good choice for both longevity and scale appearance. The motors will draw more current when turning the heavier brass props, but being a tug, with lots of anticipated capacity and low speed running, you'd probably not notice the difference. :-))

Navy2000

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 09:40:17 pm »

Brass is a good choice like it was said earlier they will last mcuh longer and they don't loose power at top end of the RPM's that you will put onto them. Plastic props flex to almost flat when at high speeds, but the brass props will stay the same no matter what speed you are at.

Duane
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 20 queries.