Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skyartec 7 channel receiver battery supply  (Read 1976 times)

AndrewB

Skyartec 7 channel receiver battery supply
« on: December 14, 2010, 10:18:24 am »

Hi Guys

I have just got of Trademe here in New Zealand a Skyartec SKY502 TX and it came with a 7 Channel RX, where do I plug in the receiver batter/ BEC?

The channels go like this

1 Aileron (the rudder for my boat)
2 Elevator
3 Throttle as on the boat
4 Rudder
5 Gain
6 Pitch
7 Gear
In the bad instructions all it shows is 1-4 been used with 3 as the ESC

Any Ideas?

Cheers

Andrew 

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Skyartec 7 channel receiver battery supply
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 10:27:00 am »

Usually RXs dont care which set of pins the power is supplied through as long as its connected the right way round, the pins that the black and red connect to are in parallel across the entire strip.  It is common for RX power to be supplied via a BEC contained within the ESC, so a separate supply is not needed.  If a separate RX battery is going to be used, it just gets plugged into any spare position.  If all the positions are used, feed one of the items through a servo Y lead, and plug the RX battery into the spare end thus formed.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

AndrewB

Re: Skyartec 7 channel receiver battery supply
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 10:39:42 am »

Usually RXs dont care which set of pins the power is supplied through as long as its connected the right way round, the pins that the black and red connect to are in parallel across the entire strip.  It is common for RX power to be supplied via a BEC contained within the ESC, so a separate supply is not needed.  If a separate RX battery is going to be used, it just gets plugged into any spare position.  If all the positions are used, feed one of the items through a servo Y lead, and plug the RX battery into the spare end thus formed.

Cheers for that  :-)) , There are plenty of positions free, I am running BEC
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.