Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to Forum  (Read 1504 times)

Green Nomad

New to Forum
« on: December 14, 2010, 11:13:42 am »

Hello Everyone,

Thought it would be polite to introduce myself to the forum. I'm a reletive novice to model boat building, and using a site like this is absolutely essential.

I am a contractor working in Oman for the Oman Airforce, have been here for 5 years and recently decided to try my hand at building model boats.

Here we have a good little club where the members mainly make those noisey flying things that tend to get smashed up on the first use after being lovingly built for a year.
I thought not me.
My first project was a small scratch built static Chris Craft, which took me about 6 months to build.(will post pix on here soon)  Now I am working on a .5 metre long Lochin offshore fisherman and intend to put radio gear with one single motor.

Will no doubt be on here asking questions often. :-))

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: New to Forum
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 11:25:08 am »

Welcome to the Mayhem Green Nomad!

.... Green Nomad are you an undercover secret agent???  ok2

The Chris Craft's are nice boats, full full appreciated on the right hand side of the Atlantic but beautiful beasts non-the-less.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

regiment

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 12:00:37 pm »

what part of oman

Green Nomad

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 04:06:56 pm »

Regiment asked 'What part of Oman'?

I am working at a place called Thurmrait, which is an airbase in the middle of the desert, about 80 km inland from Salalah, Omans second city.

Not much to do here, apart from visit our 'facilities', thats why I have taken up the modelling. I do go to the gym with the wife now and again, but I am starting to feel my age these days.

Yes Martin, I am spying for another forum. (Only Joking!) ;) One thing, is there a gallery section on the forum,? I want to see some other peoples builds, and tips.

regiment

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 04:36:24 pm »

HI WHY I ASKED WAS THAT I WAS AT RAF SALALAH 1964 1965 I SEE NOW THAT SALALAH HAS COME INTO THE 21 CENTARY ENJOY THE SUN NOT MUCH HERE TODAY IN PERRANPORTH CORNWALL

LarryW

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 04:41:07 pm »

hi there ,green nomad welcome to mayham :-)) heres some pics to look at ....cheers   Larry w ..... :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 22 queries.