Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't Drink & Drive at Christmas........ or EVER!  (Read 6635 times)

Patternmaker

Re: Don't Drink & Drive at Christmas........ or EVER!
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 10:52:30 am »

That video should be compulsive viewing for everyone who has just got their license, and shown regularily in between.

Its not just young drivers, the person that caused the death of my relative was middle aged who was 3 times over the legal limit and had been convicted before on 2 occasions for drink driving.
If I had my way anyone who causes death by drink or dangerous driving should attend The inquest to hear all the details of how and why the person died, then lock them up and throw away the key.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 11:06:05 am »

With today's modern technology, surely it's feasible to build a system into a car where you blow into a breathalyser before you start the engine...if you are over the limit, the engine won't start. To stop someone else who's maybe more sober than you blowing into the tube for you, the system could be personalised so it would recognise you (maybe by DNA sampling?) and refuse another person?
In some parts of the world, they do fit a breathalyser to proven drunk's cars, but it isn't a guaranteed success, see the link below -
http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/father-35575-intoxicated-panama.html
One day, it might be possible to prevent that guy's method by using DNA, but I suspect that a real world, real time DNA identifier is a long way off, and one capable of differentiating between close family members even further.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

pugwash

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 11:38:12 am »

HI malcolm I believe there is a system for habitual drunk drivers wherein the system requires random breathtests throughout the journey to stop
the chance of someone giving a sample of breath to start the car - it does work but is not in common usage yet.  I think it is an american system
Geoff

ooyah/2

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 12:25:33 pm »

Geoff

What type of alcohol is a person drinking that can start a car on his breath.
George.

Roadrunner

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010, 12:30:26 pm »

only drink driving im going to be doing this year is drinking and driving the mrs up the wall  {-)

triumphjon

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2010, 09:24:05 pm »

as i stated earlier there is a simple tolerence , ZERO  i stops any idea that only having a pint makes any person safe to drive . i drive for both work and personal enjoyment as ive done for many years , i can honestly state ive never once had an alcoholic drink since ive passed my test ! if i can visit a pub and only drink soft drinks why do other idiots feel the need to consume alcohol in order to make themselves "enjoy the occasion " ?

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2010, 10:31:25 pm »

as i stated earlier there is a simple tolerence , ZERO 

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2010, 10:50:45 pm »

mmmmm I have 100% support for ZERO blood alcohol content when driving or when using machinery in a work environment or naturally also in our home model workshops & yes  24/7 x 365 days per year

I do not frequent pubs or clubs...have never been inside a TAB in my life ....however many people do enjoy a drink [or two]...me included...remember 20 years ago...a few days before Christmas in OZ........you have just spent 2 hours mowing the lawns in 35 degree C heat.........just cooling down with a few beers & the telephone rings.....second daughter needs a lift home........we drove didn't we  <*< ...doesn't happen now ! .......Derek

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

bigfella

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2010, 07:22:21 am »

With today's modern technology, surely it's feasible to build a system into a car where you blow into a breathalyser before you start the engine...if you are over the limit, the engine won't start. To stop someone else who's maybe more sober than you blowing into the tube for you, the system could be personalised so it would recognise you (maybe by DNA sampling?) and refuse another person?

Unfortunately the do gooder civil libertarians would jump up and down if every car had one of these. As well as the tin foil hat brigade would say it is some sort of conspiracy to track and control the population. What an unjust world it is that these do gooders seem to let the criminals and those that do not obey laws have more rights then those that abide by the law.

Regards David

triumphjon

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2010, 03:26:41 pm »

its odd that although ive currently let my membership lapse , most motor clubs still hold most club meetings in PUBS  , most said pubs  offer a non alcoholic drink that actually costs more than alcohol based drinks ! its ok for me as ive been into pubs for years and drink orange juice or cola , it can be amusing watching others being more stupid when the alcohol take control of them !

tassie48

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2010, 06:59:10 pm »

Lost one of my Daugther's to a D.D. couple of years ago I think about Her Every day went to the Court case every day he got off light sat outside his house and his work for a year looking at him He did it again and went inside,would have Gladly shot him oxygen theif DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE take care tassie48

Patternmaker

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2010, 07:20:09 pm »

Lost one of my Daugther's to a D.D. couple of years ago I think about Her Every day went to the Court case every day he got off light sat outside his house and his work for a year looking at him He did it again and went inside,would have Gladly shot him oxygen theif DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE take care tassie48

My sincere condolences to you, I know what you are going through. If they show remorse and plead guilty they get lighter punishment, until the next time. When are they going to set the limit at zero.

Mick

wibplus

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2010, 09:00:26 pm »

I work as a driver and drive for about 8 to 10 hours every working day. Some of the things we see on a regular basis would totally shock most people.   <*<  >>:-(
I can guarantee that, every day, I will see at least three drivers using mobile phones whilst driving .   <*< <*<
Others doing the most impossibly stupid things as they drive, probably thinking they are the worlds most fantastic driver.   {:-{  {:-{

I have personally seen a car driver go on the wrong side of a traffic island and drive straight across a busy 4 lane carriageway at high speed, and why ???????  Simply to get in front of a bus. Total waste of space who should now be serving at least 30 years.   <*<  <*<

Still others driving with drugs imbibed. (Yes, you can sometimes see the eyes of idiots who dont know which planet they are on).  >>:-(

The most dangerous, however, are those who have never learned to drive properly or are simply too stupid to be allowed a licence. People these days are not taught to drive, they are simply taught how to pass the driving test. Once they have passed the test, they think they can just do as they please on the roads and "to hell with everyone else".  <*< <*<

..........and to combine any of the above with alcohol ??? Absolute chaos and insanity.  >>:-(  >>:-(  >>:-(

triumphjon

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2010, 09:14:46 pm »

yes your not the only one to have met idiots on our roads , i remember once coming face to face with a small car in a side street , i was driving a 7.5 tonne breakdown truck that was towing a disabled vehicle , the on coming car was being " driven " by its THREE  ocupants the one in the driving seat was operating the pedals , the front seat passenger was steering while the rear seat passenger was giving the instructions ! reverse wasnt in their understanding but they were hopeful in trying to get me to reverse down a narrow and twisty side road . even without the influence of alcohol or drugs its still amazing how many of the population must get a license from the corn flakes or wheatabix packets ?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.