Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Voltage balancer / equaliser  (Read 2312 times)

sailorboy61

Voltage balancer / equaliser
« on: December 16, 2010, 04:36:56 pm »

I intend to use two batteries to drive a pair of motors and am thinking it would be best to have some means to balance the voltage as they run down at different rates.
I recall seeing somewhere an electronic balancer, perhaps from Action? I am thinking both batteries into the leveller, then presumable I can take two identical outputs to a twin ESC/Motor set up.

Anyone have any experience, ideas comments?

Thanks

ACTion

Re: Voltage balancer / equaliser
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 06:04:12 pm »

rathikrishna

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 06:57:01 am »

Friend..use a simple circuit, with LM ic, so you can wire it as a comparator,so it can control the voltage to the motor independently...for more presice you can also use a RPM sensor, made out of infra red led, and a opto coupler...so it will determine the speed of the motor while running...and if you are not willing to go this , you can simply alter your speed by using an additional servo...i will post a detailed posting by tomorrow...today i am not feeling well...cold...hi...hi...i will post some simple circuits about, independent motor control with two servos, with micro switches, with three servos with speed controller, with three servos with three motors one for bow thruster...all in with a finger touch...

sailorboy61

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 12:31:44 pm »

Friend..use a simple circuit, with LM ic, so you can wire it as a comparator,so it can control the voltage to the motor independently...for more presice you can also use a RPM sensor, made out of infra red led, and a opto coupler...so it will determine the speed of the motor while running...and if you are not willing to go this , you can simply alter your speed by using an additional servo...i will post a detailed posting by tomorrow...today i am not feeling well...cold...hi...hi...i will post some simple circuits about, independent motor control with two servos, with micro switches, with three servos with speed controller, with three servos with three motors one for bow thruster...all in with a finger touch...

Thanks Rathi,

speedy recovery from your illness.

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 02:11:16 pm »

thank you and sure...i am preparing for that...

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 02:26:43 pm »

I Hadn't realised that you can get a cold in southern India - learn something new every day; anyway, you have had this cold for the best part of a week now, don't you think it should be checked out, after all we don't want to loose all these unitive ideas of yours do we?

rathikrishna

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 08:05:37 am »

no..now i am under treatment...antibiotics..i got it in to broncho pneumonia...now its curing...but no any patience to sit up at home...hi...hi...now  iam preparing an article about how to make a brushless motor, and how to make a steam whistle..etc...and yes working on my life boat, and X bow craft...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.