Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ashes - for those interested in the Ashes  (Read 38495 times)

chingdevil

Re: The Ashes
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2010, 06:33:17 am »

Congratulations to England on wining the Melbourne game and retaining the Ashes. Australia still have some great cricketers in their side they are just not working as a team, they also need to find a decent spin bowler just having a seam attack is not going to work.

Brian

English not a POM <*< <*< <*<

barryfoote

« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2010, 09:05:17 am »

A great day for English Cricket.......but.....the job is not done yet. We need to keep the pressure on and try to win the series in Sydney. Australia are hurting now and are sure to come at us hard next week.

regiment

« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2010, 12:52:24 pm »

all we need now is a football team anybody now where we can get one from???

chingdevil

« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2010, 01:27:27 pm »

Why do we need a football team, we are no good at that game and never will be while we have so many foreign players and managers in the premiership.
The beautiful game, do not make me laugh  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Brian

shimsham

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2010, 01:29:47 pm »

Absolutely a great day for english cricket,and you have to also give credit to all the backroom staff and not forgetting the "Barmy Army" what support they are fantastic.
My only disappointment today was to read in todays "Sun" what a Melbourne upmarket newspaper "The Melbourne Age" had written about KP i thought it might have be more suitable for RP.

{:-{

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2010, 09:08:27 pm »

Well done England  :-)) Australia were outplayed in every aspect of the game by a much superior team. Most of the focus here has been on Australia's poor performance, but I think not enough credit has been given to the quality of a very well balanced England side.

Chingdevil is right in saying that Australia need to find a reliable spin bowler, especially for Sydney, which is traditionally a spinner's paradise O0.

Peter.

Lord Bungle

« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2010, 10:41:10 pm »

Thats the cricket sorted now the Rugby and football, not forgeting the Olympics  {-)

barryfoote

« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2010, 07:57:47 am »

Thats the cricket sorted now the Rugby and football, not forgeting the Olympics  {-)

Oh no it isn't!!!!!  %% %% %% %% %%

One match to go, a very important match and no Ricky Ponting... :(( :((

bigfella

« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2010, 08:50:57 am »

Oh no it isn't!!!!!  %% %% %% %% %%

One match to go, a very important match and no Ricky Ponting... :(( :((

Yes he has been sidelined because of further damage to his finger or that is what they say. Clarke is taking over as Captain for the fourth test and USMAN Khawaja is to take the first drop position vacated by Ponting. Bollinger is in the side but will almost certainly carry the drinks as the only spinner in the side Beer will have to get a start on a spinners wicket. This will be a chance for Australia to play for some pride and a look at Clarkes style as captain. I still think Hussey should have been given the captaincy for at least this test.

Regards David

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2010, 09:51:42 am »

Ashes to ashes   :o :o %) %)

bigfella

« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2010, 10:17:43 am »

Yes he has been sidelined because of further damage to his finger or that is what they say. Clarke is taking over as Captain for the fourth test and USMAN Khawaja is to take the first drop position vacated by Ponting. Bollinger is in the side but will almost certainly carry the drinks as the only spinner in the side Beer will have to get a start on a spinners wicket. This will be a chance for Australia to play for some pride and a look at Clarkes style as captain. I still think Hussey should have been given the captaincy for at least this test.

Regards David

Sorry that should be FIFTH TEST oh well it is all academical now really.

Martin13

« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2010, 10:58:33 am »

Ashes to ashes   :o :o %) %)

{-) O0 {-) O0 {-) O0 {-) O0 {-)

wullie/mk2

« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2010, 02:13:42 pm »

I suppose we have to say well done to England for winning that...bat and ball thingy...Down Under,
Sports fans south of the border will see it as consolation for England,s World Cup debacle,
and they,ll be relieved Germany don,t compete in nternational cricket, {-) {-)

three knots

« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2010, 07:17:54 pm »

Hey  You  ,Dont dare talk about our Cricket like its a pint of beer .And as far as germany is concerned ,the least said the better .They are best at there modification of the rhine highway .

barryfoote

« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2011, 08:15:18 am »

bat and ball thingy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only a man from north of the border would stoop so low...........I am stunned!!!!!! Oh and please do not compare the greatest sport on the planet to that rubbish with a round ball, 4 sticks and 22 idiots running around!!  {-) %% {-) %%

barryfoote

« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2011, 08:18:31 am »

Australia 134 for 4......or should that be 4 for 134.........either way, not the best of days for them. The wicket does look a little dodgy to me, so there is still a long way to go!!! :-)) :-))

phillnjack

« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2011, 12:41:09 pm »

MODERATED

Posting removed due to inappropriate content

Brian

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2011, 09:14:50 pm »

134 for 4 (or 4 for 134  :-) ) is not too good at all, but the one bright spot is Usman Khawaja's knock. He has just about scored more in his first test than Ponting has all series, and played some great shots as well. Unfortunately, the weather has been somewhat erratic, so I hope it clears to allow the game to go on uninterrupted from here on.

Peter.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2011, 10:59:51 pm »

On ya Martin  :-))..........all in good sport....we really couldn't give a toss who won the cricket....  >>:-( >>:-( but  phillnjack is incorrect as we OZ people have the best sence of humour ............................................................ O0 :embarrassed: %) ok2 %% {:-{ >>:-( :kiss: .....Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2011, 11:06:14 pm »

***Reminder to members, veiled swearing not acceptable***

***If you have to apologize for offending people in a post you make, then think that it may not be appropriate. If we recieve complaints, which we did, we can and do moderate***
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Martin13

« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2011, 12:24:46 am »

6 for 172 - think the Poms will be batting by lunch O0

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2011, 12:26:59 am »

On ya Martin  :-))..........all in good sport....we really couldn't give a toss who won the cricket....  >>:-( >>:-( but  phillnjack is incorrect as we OZ people have the best sence of humour ............................................................ O0 :embarrassed: %) ok2 %% {:-{ >>:-( :kiss: .....Derek

Oioi Oioi Oioi  :-)) :-)) :-)) {-) {-) {-)

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2011, 12:31:07 am »

6 for 172 - think the Poms will be batting by lunch O0

Martin,

Why are they battling for lunch we shouldn't starve them thats not cricket.  %) %) %)

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2011, 01:25:01 am »

I originally started this topic to have a good natured discussion about the Ashes series but, unfortunately, some people are not capable of replying in a friendly manner. I have always regarded the sporting rivalry between Australia and England as an amicable one, but some feel it necessary to make derogatory, supposedly funny, remarks. Fortunately, the vast majority also look upon the rivalry as friendly, and don't feel the need for ridiculous or inflammatory comments.

Peter.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 23 queries.