Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ashes - for those interested in the Ashes  (Read 38502 times)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: The Ashes - for those interested in the Ashes
« Reply #125 on: January 07, 2011, 06:25:10 am »

goodness....probably best if I remain as the humble derekwarner_decoy  %% {-) O0 ...but here are few snaps from our history ..........
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

barryfoote

« Reply #126 on: January 07, 2011, 11:21:40 am »

......all very interesting , but sorry guys nothing to do with the Ashes!!!!!!!  >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

Well done England a record series victory. A long awaited great day for England Cricket fans.. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Now bring on the one dayers eh... :-) :-)

Martin13

« Reply #127 on: January 07, 2011, 12:57:57 pm »

THE END

barryfoote

« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2011, 02:46:21 pm »

THE END

Ah Martin, come on, lets keep the fun going. 9 more games for you to salvage some pride..........or really go down the tubes!! {-) {-) {-) %% %%

mikearace

« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2011, 03:16:21 pm »

Well hopefully 9 games for the Oz cricket team to learn the sporting side of the game including applauding 50s and centuries which is the one sad thing about this series.  The complete lack of grace of the Aussie team which they have previously always had has been very sad to see.  So sad that the team cant take defeat as gracioulsy as the Aussie fans.

thegrimreaper

« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2011, 04:09:49 pm »

I know its not cricket but I had the privalage to be in Sydney when we "poms" won the rugby a few years back we were in a pub down by darling harbour drinking and eatin watching the game bar was full of Oz Blokes talk about freindly me and the missus was on the recieving end of great Oz hospitality that day just hope the same thing go`s on over the cricket after all its only a small urn  :-))

well done the Poms (again)

great thread by the way Peter,  thanks for the laughs

regards Mark

mikearace

« Reply #131 on: January 07, 2011, 09:38:20 pm »

As I said the average aussie fan is so gracious and hospitable but the manners stop there and dont go on to the Team or others connected.  Talking of the rugby world cup I always remember the presenting 'dignitary' the Oz PM was handing out the medals.  Probably the most surly ungracious presentation anyone has ever seen.  Looked like he was chewing  a mouthful of wasps.

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #132 on: January 07, 2011, 09:52:08 pm »

Oh my goodness did we lose. Must be a conspiracy   :o :o :o

Thought the stratergy was to let the Poms win so as to give them a lift and to maintain interst in the game else it wouldn't be cricket.  ;) ;) ;)

mikearace

« Reply #133 on: January 07, 2011, 09:55:38 pm »

What do you call an Autralian who knows what to do with a bat in his hands?

A Vet

bigfella

« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2011, 09:56:57 pm »

Ah Martin, come on, lets keep the fun going. 9 more games for you to salvage some pride..........or really go down the tubes!! {-) {-) {-) %% %%

Ah yes the ODIs, now we do well at those because they use a different team and only form players get selected and not because they once scored more then 50 runs some time ago. {-) {-) {-) :-)) :-)) :-))

Rgards David

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #135 on: January 07, 2011, 10:17:15 pm »

Looked like he was chewing  a mouthful of wasps.

He looked like that all the time {-) {-) {-)

Well done to England in retaining the Ashes 3-1, and all the wins by an innings :-)) I will just have to remember England's 5-0 humiliation the last time they were here :D

I was stunned to read, in this morning's paper, chairman of selectors, Andrew Hilditch's statement that the selectors had done a very good job picking the Aussie team. If that's true then I'm very pleased that they didn't do a bad job. Hilditch said that he could not take any responsibility for Australia's poor performance. I wonder if he thinks that anyone will believe him?

The Australian selectors are Andrew Hilditch, who only played 18 tests, and had a very poor record; he was a compulsive hooker, and was frequently caught while attempting the hook shot. David Boon, who played 108 tests, scoring 7,422 runs at an average of 43.65. He is also known for setting a record for drinking 52 cans of beer on a flight from Sydney to London. Greg Chappel, former Australian captain who played 87 tests with a batting average of over 57, but who has a poor coaching record, and Jamie Cox, who never represented his country in any form of the game.

I realise that performance on the field is not always necessary to be a good selector, but since the current lot have been in the job, Australian cricket results have gone rapidly down hill. Perhaps Cricket Australia need to look at the selectors first, when analysing our team's dreadful showing.

Peter.

Martin13

« Reply #136 on: January 07, 2011, 10:20:08 pm »

G'Day Barry,

I meant the end of the Ashes - we didn't lose the Ashes - we were attempting (what a joke) to get them back off the Poms (Englishmen). And besides, it's only a replica as you lot will not let us have the REAL urn. {-) {-) {-) {-)

I'm waiting for Pete to come up with a new Topic Title for the next lot of games.

Barry, no offence has been taken over the comments during the Test Series - I think it has been taken with great spirit and gusto from both sides of the Big Blue Pond, and yes, we should keep it going for the ODI series. At least you have a result at the end of day's play. %) %)

Martin the Humbled :-))

Martin13

« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2011, 10:25:01 pm »

I realise that performance on the field is not always necessary to be a good selector, but since the current lot have been in the job, Australian cricket results have gone rapidly down hill. Perhaps Cricket Australia need to look at the selectors first, when analysing our team's dreadful showing.

Peter.

AGREE WITH YOU WHOLE HEARTEDLY ON THIS PETE - Our problem in this series was all BEHIND the scenes... :-)) :-)) :-))

Mdu

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2011, 10:35:49 pm »

I think it has been taken with great spirit and gusto from both sides of the Big Blue Pond,

This discussion has been the best part of the whole Ashes series, as far as I'm concerned O0 (The cricket certainly wasn't any good - from an Aussie point of view >>:-( )

Dare I hope for better results in the ODIs and 20/20 matches? {:-{

Peter.

Martin13

« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2011, 10:37:56 pm »

Dare I hope for better results in the ODIs and 20/20 matches? {:-{

Peter.

Do we have the same Selectors for this series {:-{

Mdu

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2011, 10:50:12 pm »

I believe so, Martin.

Peter.

Martin13

« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2011, 10:53:02 pm »

I believe so, Martin.

Peter.

OH NO - more embarrassing moments {:-{ {:-{ <*< <*< <:( <:(

Martin13

« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2011, 10:56:07 pm »

I will just have to remember England's 5-0 humiliation the last time they were here :D

Peter.

Poms do have a short memory %) %) %) O0 O0 O0 {-) {-) {-)

Mdu

mikearace

« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2011, 11:13:00 pm »

Lol no its very long ............has to be to remember last time we won out there!

chingdevil

« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2011, 06:59:19 am »

Do the Australian team practice against bowlers, or do they just practice against a bowling machine?

Brian

bigfella

« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2011, 07:19:53 am »

Do the Australian team practice against bowlers, or do they just practice against a bowling machine?

Now when I played Cricket for Surfers Paradise CC (12th man for the 4th Division in a 4 division comp) The bowlers in the side would bowl at the batsmen. Now this does seem to make clear why most bowlers cant bat. One would assume by our poor show in the Ashes that Australia have been using a bowling machine or the under 12Bs bowlers in the nets. Thank heavens that in the ODIs and 20/20s that it is usually the batsman who get themselves out with a wild shot.

Regards David

barryfoote

« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2011, 08:00:56 am »

Poms do have a short memory %) %) %) O0 O0 O0 {-) {-) {-)

Mdu

Very true Martin....but at least it is not selective!!  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Roll on the next phase......As for your selectors, a very fine bunch they are and long may they stay!!!  %) %) %)

Martin13

« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2011, 10:13:52 am »

As for your selectors, a very fine bunch they are and long may they stay!!!  %) %) %)

I think your wish will come true Barry  >>:-( and if so, further glory over the Aussies {:-{

Martin

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2011, 09:27:38 pm »

Martin,

Remember the strategy and tactics, the selectors fielded a poor team so the "Poms" would party on in gay abandon, which they did, thus boosting the economy. O0 O0 O0  %% %% %%

Now they are all fired up for another win but will be surprised at the next encounter. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Martin13

« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2011, 09:58:51 pm »

Martin,

Remember the strategy and tactics, the selectors fielded a poor team so the "Poms" would party on in gay abandon, which they did, thus boosting the economy. O0 O0 O0  %% %% %%

Now they are all fired up for another win but will be surprised at the next encounter. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

O0 O0 O0 %% %% %% :-))
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.