Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good Brushes  (Read 2646 times)

wallace

Good Brushes
« on: December 19, 2010, 11:09:24 am »

Does anyone know a good site that sells VERY GOOD MODEL PAINT BRUSHES  Im after a few sizes from small  upto around 10/15mm wide=== the brushes im after must be very good and dont leave any brush marks
The ones I have are a few years old now and where I got them from the model shop has close down.
They are for hand painting the hull in top coat gloss.

wallace  :-)) :-))

pugwash

Re: Good Brushes
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 11:26:14 am »

I usually use artists water colour brushes but the good ones are not cheap - but it is a wasts of time buying the cheap and chatty
ones as you spend all your time retreiving hairs which have been shed whilst painting.
Rowney or Windsor and Newton sable brushes are about the best.
Geoff

wallace

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 11:32:41 am »

Thanks Geoff will get them up on line later.  wallace

craftysod

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 12:16:42 pm »

triumphjon

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 03:29:53 pm »

you can get a pack of about ten assorted brushes in a shop called "THE RANGE " look under the artists section of the shop . jon

dave301bounty

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 08:56:27 pm »

Wallace ,just seen this ,,Taskers in liverpool are having a sort out ,they have got a good lot of small brushes ,,thats were i go ,now .by the way ,have you had the notice of a agm ,papers ,and minutes etc .  i havent ,,most others have ,,the secretary has got a weed on with me ,,and stan has told her not to leave .

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 09:25:48 pm »

Does anyone know a good site that sells VERY GOOD MODEL PAINT BRUSHES...  

There is no longer a model boat shop in every town. But young kids still like making things - a current fad is the painting of small fantasy figures - Warhammer and the like. These are sold by Games Workshop, who do practically have a shop in every town. And since they are into painting microscopic detail, they have a good selection of high quality small brushes and associated supporting products. I don't know where you are in the Wirral, but there is one in Brimstage and the Wirral Model Shop in Wallasey also has a 'Games Workshop' section....

tt1

• Full Mayhemer
  • If I only know a little - then I can learn a lot
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 05:08:29 pm »

Try Here, excellent speedy helpful and friendly service, top quality and very reasonable prices.  http://www.rosemaryandco.com/index.php?osCsid=5hon991gb14oj5di5f217gbm75

Regards, Tony.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 22 queries.