Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Detailed pictures of graupner moonraker  (Read 9133 times)

Yachthead

Detailed pictures of graupner moonraker
« on: December 19, 2010, 06:13:14 pm »

Hi does anyone know where I can find the construction manual for the graupner moonraker yacht on the Internet . I ordered the model from Germany and I was just wanting to see how the manual looks before I start building the kit !

Best regards
Yachthead

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Detailed pictures of graupner moonraker
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 06:43:33 pm »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Roadrunner

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 06:44:18 pm »

hope you remembered to purchase the fittings kit as well

http://www.westbourne-model.co.uk/moonraker-3714-0.html

here's a build log 4 u very well done. will help a lot im sure

http://www.modelboats.co.uk/news/article.asp?a=509

this 'may' help

http://www.themodeldock.co.uk/31452.html

you will also need to purchase 3 jet propulsion units, three motors, fittings kit, bow thruster as these are not included in the kit

the jet units are here you will need 3 http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/graupner_2345.html

you will also need 2 of the steering and reverse mechanism which can be found here http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/graupner_2345_1.html

all i can say is good luck to you and i hope you have deep pockets !

Yachthead

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 07:25:48 pm »

Thank you for the information so far I have the kit and the fitting set and the bow thruster ordered. I'm ordering the engines and jet drives and the extra accessories at the end of this month. What do the instruction drawings look like does anyone know I'd like see some pictures of the manual ?

Thank you
Yachthead

Roadrunner

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 07:47:23 pm »

I have no clue, but at the cost of the kit i would assume that the instructions are laid out well and very detailed but im assuming this as some great models have had very poor instructions to say the least. and its taken the sill of the builder to figure it all out!

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 12:10:43 am »

Graupner kits usually come with large sheets of plans.... plus poorly humorously well translated instruction book with diagrams.

Tip No. 1. DON'T trust the scale of the plans, even if they look full scale, use the dimensions detailed!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Yachthead

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 01:24:48 am »

I wish I could read German that would help me a lot. I guess I'll get a German dictionary to help me out, thank you for the pictures by the way !

Best regards
Yachthead

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 06:38:06 am »

I know it is called a Yacht but wouldn't this thread be more appropriate in Power Boats ?

I only asked!

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 09:12:00 am »

Hi yachthead, I have built several Graupner kits, the instructions are excellent and there are translations for all of the German used.
Just look through all of the plans and written stuff and you will find them.  The referencing system is excellent and each of the circled numbers on the plans has a translation.

It is best to put to one side the other foreign language writing and concentrate on the English.
I do recommend that you read the instructions before construction.

I bought a Graupner yacht in auction, part made and the builder had just fitted the obvious parts and then glued the unfinished mast in place, he had just not read the instructions.  But it was my gain!

I understand a little German but have not found that necessary to construct a Graupner kit.
Good luck, but do read the instructions first, as somebody went to a lot of trouble to produce them. (are you getting the message?)  If there is a problem with anything missing I can give you an email address within Graupner that will help.
regards Roy

Yachthead

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 11:06:34 am »

Thanks Roy

I really appreciate the information about building the kit. From all the pictures and information I 'm getting and finding on the internet , this should really be a nice kit to build. I got a email from a guy who built the moonraker for a client and he said that it goes together really straight forward ,just take your time and like you said read the manual ." I got the hint"

Thanks
yachthead

pompebled

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 06:05:13 pm »

Hi Yachthead,

I assume you did your research on this Graupner model and you are aware that the Graupner Jets are not the best available...
I'd go for Kehrers if it were my model: http://www.jet-drive.de/index.php?option=com_contact&task=view&contact_id=1&Itemid=18&lang=en
Running at full throttle is a severe drain on the batteries, so using Lipo's is a good option, as you can carry huge capacities compared to the NiMH of the design days of this model.

Changing the 700 motors for brushless will increase power en reduce the weight, running at scale speed will be rather slow (22 mph), but quicker is possible with brushless and Lipo.

If you decide to go for that option I strongly advice to get the Kehrer jets in stead of the Graupners, which have the nasty habit of buckling with more than a 700 motor...

Regards, Jan.
Boaters are nice people

Yachthead

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 01:26:35 am »

Thanks Jan

I appreciate the advice and I will keep that in mind. That's what I like about this forum good advice . Will those other jets be a direct fit? Also I want to install LED's. So when it comes time I will be asking for advice.

Thank you
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.