Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MAKE THIS WIND SHIELD WIPER AT HOME WITHIN 20 MINUTES...see VIDEO...  (Read 4789 times)

rathikrishna

Good morning my Friends..wish you all a merry christmas and happy new year...i am posting this article here, because last day i red an article here, that one of my friend was looking for a mechanism to atuate the wind shield wiper. its simple to make with some very handy things, at home around 20 minutes.and it works well...so i will explain it step by step,so you can simply go through..

rathikrishna

Re: MAKE THIS WIND SHIELD WIPER AT HOME WITHIN 20 MINUTES...see VIDEO...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 06:30:55 am »

step:1  find some emptied ball point refill tubes, and a bicycle spoke,or a brass rod, here i use a brass rod, because of two things.it will not rusted out, and can cut it easily with my side cutter.but bicycle spoke will take rust as they get wet,and its too harder to cut in to length, need a vise and hacksaw.the rods are our struts, and ball point refill tube serves as bearings.a brass with tube
will last a lifetime.

rathikrishna

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 06:31:42 am »

step:2  take some silicon gears from any source that with you, but must take care to take smaller ones to get compactness.here i used a worm and pinion, insted of a spur gear, because this arrangement can reduce speed to a great extent than a spur assembly in same size..why..? we know.its all according to you, that you can use any gearboxes that fit in your craft..you can also use a big one, and can operate with cables, by fixing the gear box conveniently in your craft.

rathikrishna

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 06:32:56 am »

Step:3 Find some motors for you.you can also use smaller motors, from a cell phone or from a grapix  card.can also use any gearbox for you.Here is the tiny gear box i got it from a scraped toy.

Step:4 Find a piece of foam board..i mm will be nice...or can go for plastic sheets, aluminium,and ss if needed, and if you have enough tools with you..this serves as a flange to fix all things..

Step:5 Fix a brass rod on to the main gear as shown, with a pinch of super glue..

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 06:34:33 am »

Step:6 Cut a piece from foam board.make a hole at centre that must be within the thickness of your refill tube.

Step:7 Cut a piece of refill tube and fix it in to the hole on foam board.drop some super glue in to its base. reinfocre this with some scrap pieces around.

Step:8 Insert the main gear in to the tube as shown, and fix the motor in a correct place by making sure it can rev smoothly..drop some super glue under motor case, avoid over spillage of glue in to motor.

rathikrishna

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 06:36:05 am »

Step:9 cut a piece of foam board, to form a cam, that must be within the radius of main gear.make some alternate holes on it so you can simply adjust the stroke length of your wiper arm.fix it to the main gear as shown.

Step:10 make a second cam from same foam board but it wll be greater than of your first cam.fix it to a brass rod and glue it.
  step:11 make a second hole on the basic plat form, and fix a second tube as shown..

Step:12 insert this cam through the tube as shown.

Step:13 now our mechanism is ready for the show. fix a coper wire in between the cams as shown,with "S" ends.so you can simply adjust the stroke if needed.

rathikrishna

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 06:37:24 am »

Step:14 now time to make wiper blade..you can make any kind of blade that goes to mm, cm, or inches,a straight one,or can be made as parrelel one with retaining arm,any thing that according to your plan.fix it on the mechanism as shown.

Step:15  you can simply connect this to any battery source but i preffer an electronic speed controller.so we can simply alter the speed rate of wiper arm.

here is a simple speed controller circuit based on MJE3055, along with a 470 Ohms potentio meter to control the base bias of the transistor.so you can connect it any battery source from 3 volts to 12 volts no matter...

now its working...see the imaginary windshield here...you can fix it to any craft that you need...

rathikrishna

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 06:39:01 am »

and sure...see a VIDEO here....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6DXutnwW-I

rathikrishna

HAI..MAKE THIS WIND SHIELD WIPER AT HOME..SEE THIS VIDEO...
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 06:50:33 am »

friends..i have already posted this article..but here i am posting the link of the video..for impatient hearts...see here and never forget to make one your own...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6DXutnwW-I :-) O0 %%

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 07:40:57 am »

Fantastic great , thank you for that. :-)) :-)) :-))

Peter ok2

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
Re: HAI..MAKE THIS WIND SHIELD WIPER AT HOME..SEE THIS VIDEO...
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 07:44:47 am »

that works better than my last cars wiper's did (Toyota) nice one.

peter

rathikrishna

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 07:47:08 am »

Hi..hi...thank you sir...so i sure you will do one on your next craft...happy...

rathikrishna

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 07:50:08 am »

HS93..i will add one even more good thing here but i need some time to shoot it, as now i am in a little buss with my practise , choir to sing and play keyboard at my church, as Christmas arrived..and at night i am too busy working on my Tamar Life Boat..so apologize for the delay..with that you can simply wash with water and wipe..by RC...will post...

david j

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 08:11:28 am »

hi rashi,
yet again well illustrated you make it look good and inexpensive.
merry christmas and keep on showing your work

davidj

rathikrishna

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 08:20:42 am »

thank you Davi..and Merry Christmas and Happy ne year...i will post all of goodies here so i hope it may be helpful for some of my good friends...

Yachthead

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 11:27:00 am »

Wow you really are a talented lady nice work. I like how you made everything from scrap parts. Keep up the good work.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Yachthead

gwa84

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 11:31:06 am »

excellent lovely engineering  :-))

rathikrishna

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 05:20:31 am »

its so simple and easy...never forget to add one on your crafts...

rathikrishna

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 05:31:22 am »

thank you respected friends...i hope you may get some ideas to make some goodies for your crafts to add some realism...hope...merry Christmas and happy New year...

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 01:31:56 am »

***topics merged***
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

rathikrishna

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 06:39:10 am »

thank you Sir...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.