Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Painting, Finishing and Care.

Oldiron's Airbrush Tutorial

(1/50) > >>

Martin (Admin):

While I was coughing me lungs up yesterday (... lovely!) and watching 'American Hot Rod' & 'Orange County Choppers' (motorbikes),
 I thought what would be a good idea to have a Mayhem Masterclass on airbrushing.

Many of us have good airbrushes or even those cheapo Humrol things but I for one am too scared to experiment with it.
 So what I thought is, someone with a bit of time and experience could teach us the basics, then show us what (& how) to do and set some tasks for
 us to try ourselves and post  the results on here say on a weekly or monthly bases.

Lessons such as:
 1. What type of airbrush do you have?
 2. How to setup your air brush. (Do's & Don'ts)
 3. How to strip down and clean your air brush.
 4. What types of paints and cleaners to use. Viscosity etc.
 5. Spraying. How to get even coverage.
 6. TASK 1 -  spray an A4 piece of cardboard evenly.
     (Post pictures and assessment)
 7. Marking and spraying a waterline.
 8. TASK 2 - Mark up and spay a waterline on a piece of plasticard.
     (Post pictures and assessment)
 9. Spraying detail components.

etc. etc.  We can add lesson and tasks on request.

Good idea? Yes / No?

Who wants to be teacher?

Martin  :-)

Popeye:
Good idea Martin though I would'nt be much use coz I wanna learn about airbrushing too.

Colin Bishop:
Some useful tips here (at the risk of a bit of advertising  %)) http://www.modelboats.co.uk/news/article.asp?a=4498

Colin

essex2visuvesi:
I have a couple of public domain e-books on the subject of weathering.  They are model railway and military related but still have some good tips and techniques that could be transfered to boats

john s 2:
I would certainly like to learn more about airbrushing. Any advice would be of great help. John.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version