Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LESRO MODELS PILOT BOAT  (Read 7408 times)

Dan.Lord

• Full Mayhemer
LESRO MODELS PILOT BOAT
« on: June 24, 2010, 10:03:32 am »

Hi all, I've just brought this boat, as I've always liked the style, as I used to see them all the time as a kid.
Firstly has anyone made one of these before ?  I've never tried a wooden kit, so this is my first. On opening the box, lots of little bits n pieces, & very basic instructions  {:-{ No running gear is supplied, but thats no problem, also very basci detailing, but again that can be over come easily.
Satage one says lay the keel , which is in 2 parts, on the plan, to position other parts, which you can't see where to fit as the keel now covers the plan  {:-{ It doesn't give you measurements etc, also none of the slots fit, so they all need to be sanded out to fit.  It says this is an easy kit to build... Mmm who are they kidding  %%

well here's a few pics of the kit, & if anyones done this before & can give some advice I'm all ears !!!  I'm sure once it gets going It'll be ok, so in the next week or so expect an update or look on ebay under the sales section  O0
Cheers Dan.

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
Re: LESRO MODELS PILOT BOAT
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 11:33:13 am »

By Heck Dan, what you've got there doesn't actually exist. It's the "Virtual" wooden hulled Lesro pilot boat. According to legend they were only ever made with a Glass-Fibre hull.

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=16532.0

Regards  Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 02:06:31 pm »

Apart from the above Dan, this is a project for the winter nights ready for the first cuckoos of spring. This is how all toy boats were made pre Vac form and G/F and gave a light strong construction that were capable of withstanding the ravages of a "Viking" or "Tappy Twin" and still come back for more. %)

If you have a look in the masterbuild area, some of Bluebirds renderings will show you how to build it properly. Well worth the effort and far more gratifying than a tupperware queen. O0

Regards  Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

nathanbint

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 01:55:21 pm »

hi guys i am building the abs plastic kit of one of these  from midway models has anybody got any pics of these models fully built i will get some pics of the kit soon thank you and hope some one can help

triumphjon

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 10:44:08 pm »

google nelson 40 / halmatic marine , its possible to download pics from the sales broucher from the manufaturer ! there are some good shots & some ga drawings too . very informative , although i didnt biuld mine from the lesro kit as i scratch biult it to 1/24th scale , biult from ply & balsa wood ,  used a single shaft / 545 motor on a standard tamiya type 7.2 volt battery & 2 channel radio . sorry only got 1 pic before its been sold to fund the motors for my current project . 

mrboats

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 09:34:09 pm »

Just joined the group.  As an avid modeler, I built the Lesro Pilot boat.....wooden hull, and I still have the plans and box.  For some reason, I sold the boat( for a great price) only to see it come up on Ebay for  a really great price.  It had backlighted guages and working lights as well as the wheel moving with the rudder through gears.  I would build it again if I could come across another kit.  If it came up on Ebay I would welcome it back home where it belongs.

nhp651

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 09:59:27 pm »

Lesro has started re producing them in kit form so your wish should now be a reality :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.