Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fuse size  (Read 2441 times)

stew49

fuse size
« on: December 09, 2010, 10:48:13 am »

Hi, need a bit of help. i got a 6v 10ah battery, need to know what inline fuse i need? {:-{

stew

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: fuse size
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 11:15:38 am »

It depends on the load placed on the battery not the battery size.
What are you running off this battery and if a motor what type of motor and prop and what ESC?

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Roadrunner

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 11:18:26 am »

It will depend entirely on the esc and motor draw to what size fuse you will need.

Generally you just fuse the positive motor cable, (each motor if you have 2 or more) although its been known to fuse both the motor and the battery for that extra protection, but i doubt you will need to go that far, as only running 6v.

As an example if your running a 20A esc with a 555-600 size motor with a 40-45mm prop you should fuse the motors positive with a 15A fuse.

What esc, motor(s) are you going to run? if you can provide this information im sure we can provide the correct information.

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 11:19:06 am »

Hi Stew. Can you please post a few more details about what the battery is suppyling.Eg Esc Motor size. Prop etc. It is best practise
to fuse straight from battery and after esc.Giving further details will enable members to give you best advice John

stew49

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 12:24:35 pm »

Hey all. ive not got the ESC yet. the motor is a 550 and prop is 50mm. i was thinking of useing action electronics ESC (p80 condor).

thanks for all the help  :-))
  stewart

Roadrunner

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 12:31:08 pm »

you be looking around the 20A esc Action stuff is top notch so worth the investment  :-)) p80 is exactly what you need so you will need to fuse the POSITIVE cable on the motor with a 15A fuse, look at actions p95 fuse board. http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/pat.php

job done  :-))

stew49

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 12:40:41 pm »

Great stuff, thank you for all info. Hate the electrics side of modeling.

Ta Stewart
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.