Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sub WTC  (Read 2707 times)

getemuphigh

Sub WTC
« on: December 28, 2010, 01:41:23 pm »

Note: Also posted in the Wants Section, but put here to, hope thats ok.

About 2 months ago there was a acrylic tube type submarine WTC for sale on ebay.
It did not sell but it might be what I am after to help a new sub build get going a bit quicker :embarrassed:
I think it was new and unused.
Diameter was about 90mm, 3 sections and approx 800mm long.
Anyone know who was selling it or have silmilar for sale?
Thanks.

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: Sub WTC
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 08:28:48 am »

That was probably Richards.  %%

There are a few outfits producing dive modules here in the UK.

OTW designs
Sheerline models
A1 downunder models
MMB
Paul Holman

The smaller diameter dive modules e.g. those under 100mm diameter tend to be the preserve of the last three names mentioned, although I believe OTW are now doing a smaller module suitable for some models- might be worth having a word with Bob Dimmack if their system interests you.

If you don't mind going ordering from overseas, then Merriman/Caswell do a comprehensive range of small to medium wtc's, or sub drivers as they now like to call them.

Andy

getemuphigh

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 10:32:47 am »

Cheers Andy,
The one on ebay was at a starting price of £30.00 and did not get any bids, if it was Richards do yiou think he still has it?

By the way it is for the OTW - HMS Upholder, the model is completely unstarted so I am considering what best way to do the dive system.

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 11:55:31 am »

Richard would be the best person to ask.

I also forgot to mention Ron Perrott's new line of dive modules (sorry Ron). These are superb with twin piston ballast tanks (similar to Engel tanks but with a few differences). I'd recommend one of those for your boat- should slip straight in, and you'll have a very nice boat indeed.

If you want to get some ideas, and see various boats in action, you should come along to a Dive-in (link to website is in signature). We get boats with most types of systems at these events, so you will be able to see for yourself what you think is the best route to follow.

No system is perfect- they all have pros and cons, the trick is deciding what features you are happy to with or without.

Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.