Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help wanted please  (Read 2120 times)

Nordsee

Help wanted please
« on: December 29, 2010, 08:45:23 pm »

Today I was given a Motor with attached Speed Controller, it is fixed to the rear of the motor, behind the Brush gear. On the lable it says "Aeronaut Race 400" 7.2 Volt, part number 7000/40. I am assured that it functions, but it only has a thick, red/black cable with Tamiya plug and a thin 3 core cable with JR plug for the receiver. As there is no switch, can anyone tell me what the "Swich on " sequence is and how one sets it up? I am told it is only forward and brake, but that is all. Any bright spark who can assist? I am loath to hook it up and try and discover how it functions! I intend to run it on 6 volts, should be OK. I also assume it has BEC, hope so!!

triumphjon

Re: Help wanted please
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 09:08:29 pm »

the only one that ive encountered that sit on the back of a motor were used in electric flying !

Nordsee

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 09:07:23 am »

That is where this one came from.

jules64

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 10:36:54 am »

Nordsee

These used to be very popular before brushless motors.

See the following link for Graupner version, probably very similar. (Manual downloadable)

https://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AI?ARTN=6505&SessionCheck=4711&language=en

Best wishes
Jules

Nordsee

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 02:44:40 pm »

Thanks for the tip. have looked but the Graupner version has an on/off switch. So the search goes on.

wibplus

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 09:18:46 pm »

Hi, you could just try asking the question on a flying site ........such as BMFA forum if you can get logged in.   :-)  :-)

triumphjon

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 09:58:40 pm »

is it not of the plug the battery in , after the tx is switched on then operate the throttle ? i had a couple of the rondo type controlleres but that was some years ago im afraid .

Nordsee

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 10:28:22 am »

I know I can try various switch on and see ways, just do not want to blow it up by doing the wrong thing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 19 queries.