Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: MORONS  (Read 12816 times)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
MORONS
« on: December 30, 2010, 07:31:40 pm »

Isle of Wight rescue boat punctured 17 times by vandals

A lifeboat has been punctured 17 times by vandals on the Isle of Wight.

The small inflatable craft, used by Freshwater Independent Lifeboats, was discovered deflated on Tuesday and is one of two vessels used by the charity.

Vice president Don Wright said it would have an impact on people living on the west of the island as the other boat was a 25-minute drive away in Yarmouth.

The charity is hoping to repair the boat temporarily with a rubber strip until a replacement can be found.

Due to its small size, the boat is used to recover bodies following cliff deaths and to rescue stranded dogs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-12092282

It is thought the boat was damaged by a dart.
'No sense'

Mr Wright said: "Whoever has done this mindless act has done it against the west Wight people, there's no sense in it.

"It's used for close inshore work along the back of the Wight because of the rocks you can't get a conventional boat in, the flat-bottom boat is idea for that sort of thing.

"The only way to get into them is by these inflatables.

"I can't see why they did it. We are out to help people, not to cause trouble."

The Freshwater Lifeboat launches on average 30 times each year to assist the Coastguard.

Last year it helped more than 200 people in difficulty at sea and around the shore.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

nhp651

Re: MORONS
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 07:54:20 pm »

>:-o >:-o >:-o >:-o >:-o  <:( <:( <:( <:( <:( <:( <:( <:(

Myansome

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 08:10:33 pm »

>:-o Absolutely sick and mindless!

triumphjon

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 09:14:52 pm »

lets hope that when they need asssistance some day nobody will help them ! 

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 09:23:58 pm »

I've seen that boat on a number of occasions.

Unfortunately the people who do this sort of thing are lacking in both mental capacity and morality and will no doubt see it in the same light as puncturing car tyres. All you can do is hope that they will be caught and given appropriate punishment. However the Freshwater Bay location is relatively isolated so it is rather surprising that it has been targeted.

Most people view the Isle of Wight as a pleasant holiday destination, which it is but unemployment is very high and there is a lot of petty crime.

Colin

longshanks

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 09:36:07 pm »

All you can do is hope that they will be caught and given appropriate punishment.

Very unlikely - bring back public flogging !!

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 09:38:00 pm »

Still got to catch them first.....

Yarpie

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 09:39:39 pm »

lets hope that when they need asssistance some day nobody will help them ! 

Very much doubt that they will.

Faeces float.......... no need for rescue. >:-o

Stavros

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 09:45:50 pm »

Find out who they are, stand them next to the Boat with a plac hanging round their necks

WE DID THIS SO PLEASE CAN U DO THE SAME TO US COS WE DESERVE IT.

Mindless Morons

Stav

gondolier88

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.coniston-regatta.co.uk
    • Coniston Regatta
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 10:18:58 pm »

I pity them I really do, all they have in the world is the time to go and do things as mindless and stupid as that, true nominees for the Darwin award if there ever was one!!!

Greg
Don't get heated...get steamed up!

triumphjon

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 10:33:58 pm »

its strange , they come along and cause hundreds if not thousands of pounds worth of damage , and yet NOBODY SEES OR HEARS ANYTHING ? to puncture the vessel 17 times must have made a noise ? given that 90% of the population carry a mobile phone id have hopoed that somebody could have at least called the police to catch the culprits in the act !

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 10:42:55 pm »

Some trivia/food for thought,

Some time back here in OZ, we had a problem with vandalism of public telephones, chords, equipment, hadsets etc, when public phones were everyewhere.

Contacted manufacturer, Japan, to implement design improvements to counter vandalism, their response, what is vandalism unheard of in Asian culture.

It seems that vandalism (AKA, lack of respect) is restricted to Western civilisations, maybe not so nowdays as other countries become westernised. <:( <:( <:(

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 10:43:54 pm »

The boathouse is in a relatively isolated location. Freshwater Bay is not exactly a densely populated community.

Colin

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 10:50:58 pm »

if they can afford it they should get the smart-water protection system fitted to the alarm system , it sprays water with a dye that glows under ultra-violet light and is chemically marked ( like a DNA marker ) so it can be traced back to the station , its also impossible to remove without the correct solvent and lasts 6 to 8 weeks on the skin.....
Davie Tait,
Scotland

Lord Bungle

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 10:59:06 pm »

>:-o >:-o
Idiots like this would be the first to moan if an emergency service didn't turn up in seconds if they needed it.
As for calling them morons I feel that is far to polite, I see them as something similar to an ancient English King who ruled here between 1016 and 1035.

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 11:14:08 pm »

There's an apparently endless stream of anti-social acts publicised in the media which excite vigilante rants. We do seem to regularly vent our spleens and advocate remedies/reprisals which in hindsight are often as objectionable as the acts we rightly abhor. The tabloid media don't offer understanding or solutions related to the incidents they publicise but they do make money out of them. They certainly won't be sponsering or funding a youth  project to engage or redeem disaffected youngsters on the I O W or anywhere else.

cosmic

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 12:02:14 am »

There's an apparently endless stream of anti-social acts publicised in the media which excite vigilante rants. We do seem to regularly vent our spleens and advocate remedies/reprisals which in hindsight are often as objectionable as the acts we rightly abhor. The tabloid media don't offer understanding or solutions related to the incidents they publicise but they do make money out of them. They certainly won't be sponsering or funding a youth  project to engage or redeem disaffected youngsters on the I O W or anywhere else.
While I understand the righteous indignation of the other posters here, I want to express my appreciation for your thoughtful and well measured comments.

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2010, 12:14:59 am »

Forget the indignation and measured comments, it's down to complacency on the part of those who whinge and do b - - - - r all about the problem. They're your offspring and have excused their right to "express"  their own individuality, always "someone Else's breed"
accept your own failings and stop moaning.

Regards   Ian
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 01:20:01 pm »

As usual Ian in his usual diplomatic way is trying to start a wind up.

They are not my offspring and I very much doubt if they belong to anyone else on here either, unless Ian knows them personally that is.

Although the lifeboat station stands on the bay on its own it is not left unattended when open, plus there is a shop attached.

Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 06:38:50 pm »

Despite a difference of opinion Dicky, good that you're back in circulation and stealing some of my supply of fresh air. {-) :-))

Nothing to do with trying to wind up an argument, when the little darlings are with their mates, how many know what the fruit of their loins are up to?? I remember two "Lads" who in their school uniforms looked like little angels. Remember Jamie Bulger?????????

Why is it allways the "Other" peoples kids that are miscreants? Who sets the level of what is socially acceptable? Can't even get agreement on what is legal operation by one guy on THIS forum so if Dad can flount the law, what are his own parameters??

Regards  Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 06:59:24 pm »

As usual Ian in his usual diplomatic way is trying to start a wind up.

Well, you are hardly a stranger to that technique yourself Richard!

Colin

triumphjon

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 09:26:01 pm »

the law in this country seems to be on the side of the villan if us law abiding members attempt to prevent a mindless yob damaging something its us that are likly to be had up in court ! during last summer while out with my partner we spotted three yobs on board sombodys fishing vessel , theyd thrown part of the fishing equipment into the sea and were attempting to un tie the vessel , other people around were just watching them . instead of watchingi phoned the local police who responded within a couple of minuets , they managed to stop the yobs from stealing the boat , but all the police did was give them a verbal warning , which to my mind isnt enough of a deterent ?

davidsg1a

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 10:38:12 pm »

Too true triumphjon, the vilians seem to have more legal rights than us good people, if you try to stop them you get in to more trouble than the vilans, Iv spent a bit of time working in Singapore and Dubia and there is next to no crime cause the punish ments for are so harsh mybe we should adopt some of this.

But back to the life boat, as  im a seaman and in my time off I spend time on the water vandlising life saving equipment is a jail sentance to me, iv never had to use them and hope i never need too, but im so glad these Guys are there and doing what they do, thumbs up guys if your on here. :-))

gondolier88

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.coniston-regatta.co.uk
    • Coniston Regatta
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2010, 11:16:30 pm »

Too true triumphjon, the vilians seem to have more legal rights than us good people, if you try to stop them you get in to more trouble than the vilans, Iv spent a bit of time working in Singapore and Dubia and there is next to no crime cause the punish ments for are so harsh mybe we should adopt some of this.

But back to the life boat, as  im a seaman and in my time off I spend time on the water vandlising life saving equipment is a jail sentance to me, iv never had to use them and hope i never need too, but im so glad these Guys are there and doing what they do, thumbs up guys if your on here. :-))

Here here, perhaps that's point, all of us on here, and the majority of the nation are law abiding citizens that try their best to do what's right, however there are always those that won't- we just need to make sure our children grow up with the right morals, we are after all the majority- though of course the silent majority are always drowned out by the loud soloist.

Keep it up RNLI, despite the odds :-))

Greg
Don't get heated...get steamed up!

davidsg1a

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2010, 11:28:50 pm »

You hit the nail on the head there Greg, teach our children the proper morals, i was brought up in the outer heberides of scotland, im only 28 but moved to glasgow 10 years ago and the differance from an island up bringing to what its like on the main land totaly differant, we got tought to respect elders and basiclay respect life, you need to have a stiff hand with your kids and teach them whats right wrong these things wont happen, a wee stiff hand from my parents over the years was a good thing and im sure most members wont dissagree. (as they had it) IN MODERATION PLEASE MUM AND DAD.
David
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.