Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: MORONS  (Read 12817 times)

RaaArtyGunner

Re: MORONS
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2011, 12:07:42 am »

You hit the nail on the head there Greg, teach our children the proper morals, i was brought up in the outer heberides of scotland, im only 28 but moved to glasgow 10 years ago and the differance from an island up bringing to what its like on the main land totaly differant, we got tought to respect elders and basiclay respect life, you need to have a stiff hand with your kids and teach them whats right wrong these things wont happen, a wee stiff hand from my parents over the years was a good thing and im sure most members wont dissagree. (as they had it) IN MODERATION PLEASE MUM AND DAD.
David

And therein lies the answer/problem, teaching.

Think about this O0 O0 O0

There are some of those of us who can recall shooling was all about receiving an education and preparation how to live in the world.
This included, among other things, ethics, morals, respect, religion. Which were also taught at home and reinforced at school.
However all of these "good character traits" are no longer "taught" in the class room. Not My job says the modern day teacher?????????????????????????? >>:-( >>:-( <*< <*<
So why do we wonder why our kids go off the rails we have carefully put them on. Especially when so called modern teaching undermines parental supervision and authority. Example, Johnny you don't have to obey your Dad he might be bullying you, you have rights as a child I'll tell you what they are and what you can do about it. {:-{ {:-{ {:-{
Teacher doesn't say, but Johny maybe your Dad has a point and you are being a bad boy, perish the thought the child has rights. <:( <:( <:( <:( <:( <:(

tassie48

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2011, 12:14:45 am »

I could take them fishing dam shame they fell over board Having being resuced once you can relie on the rescue services to help you out without equipment see if the little darlings can swim for a day or so have no time for persons like them I once threw a Crewmember over board for stealing from the first aid kit oxygen thiefs tassie48

bigfella

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2011, 04:47:16 am »

It all boils down to the lack of Consequences for Actions. The young grow up learning that if they do wrong there is no consequences because they are underage and untouchable. It is no excuse but how does a kid of today know right from wrong when they do not get punished for doing something wrong. The law makers have made it so adult crimes commited by children are let off scot free and no records kept.

Regards David

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2011, 05:56:47 am »

It all boils down to the lack of Consequences for Actions. The young grow up learning that if they do wrong there is no consequences because they are underage and untouchable. It is no excuse but how does a kid of today know right from wrong when they do not get punished for doing something wrong. The law makers have made it so adult crimes commited by children are let off scot free and no records kept.

Regards David

O0 O0 :-)) :-)) <:( <:(

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2011, 06:29:36 am »

mmmm................... I think we agree that through so-called 'improvements to society & humanity' we have irreversibly set an immense rod for our backs......

We have one member posting here who could be  :police: charged with a crime if the person who was dunked  >>:-( <*< read the posting

Throughout history....it is clear that the only section of society to benefit from 'change' is the legal fraternity  >:-o :(( in both prosecuting & defending the crimes committed

Enlightened political parties cannot deny the potential 'improvements to society & humanity' put forward by this singular group....their recommendations ultimately find there way into law...& this manifests its way further down the food chain or to the MORONS that our society has produced.....

In OZ last night on new years eve...we watched the movie "Brave Heart" .......... does this not explain my point? ........Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2011, 12:14:46 pm »

Well, you are hardly a stranger to that technique yourself Richard!

Colin
Wondered how long it would take you before you had a dig Colin. Didn't disappoint me.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

octo

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2011, 12:34:50 pm »

I personally think it is a lack of "discipline and respect" across the board,
 whether it be Kids or Adults.
This is not a new thing. Its just being handled differently
 respectfully yours Tony

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2011, 01:16:13 pm »

Wondered how long it would take you before you had a dig Colin. Didn't disappoint me.

Well Well Well we are back to Mayhem  {-) {-) {-) %) %) %)

Dekan

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2011, 03:18:33 pm »

Big mistake to abolish public flogging... :} I wonder if Arab life boats, if such things exist, suffer that kind of treatment.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2011, 03:34:17 pm »

Big mistake to abolish public flogging...  I wonder if Arab life boats, if such things exist, suffer that kind of treatment.

I should imagine it's a case of 'hands off'. :}

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2011, 03:35:08 pm »

To Colin and Dicky. Although your little spat may be giving the rest of us some vicarious pleasure, the nett result is less than edifying and should really be conducted in private or back in the schoolyard and not publicly on this forum.
I respect both of you for widely different reasons and so would like you both to either make up or just agree to differ and let the matter rest. Bryan Young.
Notes from a simple seaman

Lord Bungle

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2011, 03:35:53 pm »

I should imagine it's a case of 'hands off'. :}
or they may take them and get them stonned, but not in the way they hoped

AL 1

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2011, 03:51:05 pm »

To Colin and Dicky. Although your little spat may be giving the rest of us some vicarious pleasure, the nett result is less than edifying and should really be conducted in private or back in the schoolyard and not publicly on this forum.
I respect both of you for widely different reasons and so would like you both to either make up or just agree to differ and let the matter rest. Bryan Young.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  well said mr young

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2011, 04:03:33 pm »

or just agree to differ and let the matter rest. Bryan Young.

Yes, I'm happy to let matters rest. All that needs to be said has been.

Getting back on topic, there is a report on the BBC this afternoon saying that vandals have opened the taps and drained water bowsers provided in Northern Ireland while water supplies are being repaired. Apparently it was done by local people, the very ones the water was provided for. Now that IS moronic!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12102570

Colin

gondolier88

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.coniston-regatta.co.uk
    • Coniston Regatta
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2011, 04:17:48 pm »

Getting back on topic, there is a report on the BBC this afternoon saying that vandals have opened the taps and drained water bowsers provided in Northern Ireland while water supplies are being repaired. Apparently it was done by local people, the very ones the water was provided for. Now that IS moronic!

Colin

Have you heard the one about Paddy and Tommy, they were both walking down the street and were feeling thirsty.

They came upon a large container of water with a tap on the bottom.

Paddy opened the tap, and just before it ran out filled a cup to drink from.

"Ey Paddy" says Tommy "Could yer not've jus' filled the cup up before the watter ran owt?!"

"Ah c'morn Tommy, keep up will yer- to be sure the cup would have overflowed with all that water!"

Greg
Don't get heated...get steamed up!

Dekan

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2011, 04:42:38 pm »

Colin
Ah...but was it water provided by the English... Still a lot of bad feeling in NI 

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2011, 05:14:24 pm »

Scottish Water sent a lot.  I believe there was a time when "knee-capping" would be in order, might still be.
..well can you land on this?

wibplus

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2011, 07:32:01 pm »

Hhhhmmmmmmmm ! !  :police:

Do I detect a slight hint of racial typecasting creeping in to this thread ???  <*<   <*<   <*<

Dekan

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2011, 08:42:32 pm »

Do I detect a slight hint of racial typecasting creeping in to this thread ???  <*<   <*<   <*<

"RACIAL" one of the most over used conversation stoppers in common use nowadays... :((

gondolier88

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.coniston-regatta.co.uk
    • Coniston Regatta
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2011, 10:58:57 pm »

You know, I believe you do!  :kiss:
Don't get heated...get steamed up!

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2011, 11:36:03 pm »

From wikipedia.

Racial segregation is the separation of different kinds of humans

Which in relation to "the Morons" referred to in this thread is appropriate (within that context) to be a Racist  %) %) O0 O0 %% %%

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2011, 12:14:45 am »

Perhaps a youth project (non holiday) working with 'Wateraid' in a drought stricken community in the third world and a youth project which offers free access to dinghy sailing/tuition on the IOW may be worth evaluating before we consider lynch mob shortcuts to 'crime free' communities.  :-)      

phillnjack

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2011, 12:29:23 am »

There is only one way to punish people who do this type of thing.

A proper good kicking, then when they get better, another good kicking

and so one for about 3 to 4 years while he is in parkhurst or albany stitching 9 to the inch.

since the world of doo gooders has stopped many punishments for evil crime, idiots will
keep doing this type of thing knowing they will only get a slap on the wrist, or caution to be proud of.

Torture is whats needed, that boat could be used to save lives, its not there as something to look at
it serves a very good purpose.

And i dont suppose it was a young kid, its probably an adult who thinks he,s a tough nut.

phill

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2011, 01:58:17 am »

:}... Colin  [Bishop] ... :embarrassed: ... :police: with the greatest respect....& as a professional facilitator could I suggest >>:-(

1. one must learn to understand the motives of ignorance by others......
2. one must also accept in an open forum ...[such as Mayhem] by responding to any posting may return an obnoxious response  %%
3. before a moderator considers my posting to be off line  <*<.....please re-read as I am suggesting the subject is still about morons...............Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2011, 10:06:14 am »

Very Delphic Derek!  ok2
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.