Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to here & whats the opinion of these  (Read 2293 times)

4x4xphil

New to here & whats the opinion of these
« on: January 01, 2011, 09:27:25 pm »

Happy New Year to you all. Got a bit of cash I would like to spend on myself rather than put in the bank to pay bills.
Ive not got the steadiest of hands so was thinking of starting of with a ready to run outfit any comments will be taken as advice.
Comes complete with Nitro engine.
Hope the link works
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110626753824&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

gwa84

Re: New to here & whats the opinion of these
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 11:53:15 pm »

friend of mine has one goas very wel nice and manuvareble easy to start and run as it has pull start the engine has been very reliable so far and its been running over 2 years naw

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 12:29:24 am »

Fuelling/de-fuelling  may be tricky and don't forget they don't go backwards. Electric is less messy and you can stop/start anytime or anywhere on the pond/lake. Nitro is quite demanding until you gain experience.  %)

Stavros

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 12:35:39 am »

First of all may I welcome you to the madhouse so to speak !!!!!!!!

WOAH stop right there............I will EXPLAIN

Where do you intend to use this Boat...Reason I ask is simple....most lakes DONT allow petrol boats
Most of these ready to run boats don't come with a failsafe
You will need an experienced model boater with you who knows his or hers way around PETROL boats,as you can well imagine they are LETHAL in the wrong hands
Do you have insurance
Are you a member of a club

I sincerely hope I have not PUT YOUOFF with my answer BUT I like a lot have seen this all before,a newbie getting ripped off with a ready to run boat and being put off the hobby for life.PERSONALLY I would go and buy a Electric ready to run first of all to gain experience of how to controll a model.These nitro boats are Pretty Quick and in the wrong hands lethal.

I have witnessed a near fatal crash with a nitro boat a few years ago at a local park lake where a father gave control of his nitro boat to his son,it went out of control cleared the lake edge went up in the air and bounced off a passing mothers pram top,then smashed into a wall .NOW I am not at all saying you cant control a nitro boat far from being it BUT please think very carefully.I still think a electric one would be quick enough to start with.

Stav

4x4xphil

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 07:40:16 pm »

First of all may I welcome you to the madhouse so to speak !!!!!!!!

WOAH stop right there............I will EXPLAIN

Where do you intend to use this Boat...Reason I ask is simple....most lakes DONT allow petrol boats
Most of these ready to run boats don't come with a failsafe
You will need an experienced model boater with you who knows his or hers way around PETROL boats,as you can well imagine they are LETHAL in the wrong hands
Do you have insurance
Are you a member of a club

I sincerely hope I have not PUT YOUOFF with my answer BUT I like a lot have seen this all before,a newbie getting ripped off with a ready to run boat and being put off the hobby for life.PERSONALLY I would go and buy a Electric ready to run first of all to gain experience of how to controll a model.These nitro boats are Pretty Quick and in the wrong hands lethal.

I have witnessed a near fatal crash with a nitro boat a few years ago at a local park lake where a father gave control of his nitro boat to his son,it went out of control cleared the lake edge went up in the air and bounced off a passing mothers pram top,then smashed into a wall .NOW I am not at all saying you cant control a nitro boat far from being it BUT please think very carefully.I still think a electric one would be quick enough to start with.

Stav

Hi all, thanks for the advice.
Ive had electric boats in the past, all be it slow ones, I've a 4acre lake on private land  that I can use and also there are a few local waterways which i need to check arnt part of english nature , but they do have motor boats on them (full Size ones). Im used to dealing with petrol mixtures etc from past minimoto riding.
Regards...........Phil

Roadrunner

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 05:47:18 pm »

You may want to consider the fast electric's of modern time believe it or not they can keep up if not go faster in some cases then a nitro boat!!
 They will be cheaper in the long run over a nitro boat anyday, don't jump in fool hardy and buy a boat because it 'looks cool' do some research first on what's required to run and keep it running, i have to agree with the previous comments by Starvos regardless of private lakes and what not insurance is a must with a nitro boat as its not a fool proof boat its a ''miniature rocket'' that will go boom with someone not experienced.

this is around the same price and is worth looking at.

http://www.astecmodels.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=97&products_id=1228
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.