Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELLOOOoooooo  (Read 1885 times)

pupjoint

HELLOOOoooooo
« on: January 04, 2011, 08:06:41 pm »

Hi everyone, just joined the mayhem yesterday and thought I'd bore you all with a little intro....

I live in Belton near Great Yarmouth, Norfolk. My interest in model boats began last year when I subscribed to De-Agostini's part works of the HMS Victory. It was something I'd wanted to do for a few years and when I saw it advertised on the tele I couldn't resist. Although I wished I had of  %) as I made it to about issue 20 and cancelled as I wasn't impressed with their organisational skills and the quality of some of the bits and bobs they were sending out.

I then looked about for another model boat to do and stumbled across a little bargain on ebay which was HMS Bounty's Jolly boat by AL. While assembling this I scoured the t'internet and found another bargain kit which is a fishing trawler called Mare Nostrum and a Viking Long Boat, both by AL. I also came across a kit of a tug boat called Sanson and couldn't resist it  {:-{ Somebody asked me if I was going to RC it. It was something I hadn't thought of before so I started doing a little research in to it and then the "tug bug" really bit me.

Although saying that I have also just bought a rtr yacht called Paradise. I then thought 'if I'm gonna get into this RC'ing lark I'm going to need a rescue boat' in case my yacht decides to clear off without me or refuses to come back and just sits there laughing at me from the other side of a pond/lake  <*< {-) So I have recently bought a RC kit of a buoy laying boat by Graupner called Ranzow, a build diary is coming very soon. My wife then went and bought me the Bluenose 2 kit by Billing Boats for Christmas.......bless  :D

Oh and nearly forgot %% I bought the Dickie tug boat  :embarrassed: :-X to play with while I assemble the Ranzow but I am that impressed with it that I am going to upgrade it once I finished Ranzow.

Erm..........sorry for rambling on I get a bit carried away sometimes, anyway Hi everyone, happy new year to you all and I hope you all except me into the fold as I'm sure gonna like being on here, the info I've already stumbled upon is great. Be prepared though for some newbie questions especially about the electrics side of RCing as I can't get my head into gear with it all yet  :-))

knoby

Re: HELLOOOoooooo
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 08:40:25 pm »

Hi Pup, welcome to the madness of Mayhem. You seem to have your work cut out there for a good few months to finish that lot, glad you got yourself something to sail or it can seem a long haul just building. Just remember we like lots of pictures of your builds here.
Radio control seems a little daunting at first, but its pretty straightforward once you get started. There are loads of members here that will help you through, never be afraid to ask anything, remember the only silly question is the one you don't ask!

cheers Glenn

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 05:17:25 am »

Hi Pup

Welcome aboard  :-))
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

scout

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 08:38:42 pm »

Hi pup welcome you also have a great bunch of lads at Gorleston model boat club very helpfull Yours Scout
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.