Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1141 times)

Dave2010

« on: January 02, 2011, 10:39:53 am »

Hi,

Just a quick message to say I have just joined MBH as I am starting to build a model boat which will hopefully look like a Fairey Swordsman when I have finished. I am new to model making and found this site to be a very usefull source of information especially with pictorial details included in the build blogs as well as the text which helps with all the things you don't know as a beginner.

Finding my way round the site is interesting however if I click on Chit-Chat I end up reading the comments for hours instead of what I intended to do so in future I will probably do some work first then read the comments.

Thanks,

Dave H.

p.s The wife has now started to call me NOAH as I have started to collect odd bits of wood and build boats.

Roadrunner

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 10:51:05 am »

welcome aboard... when you start collecting animals 2 by 2 then your wife can call you Noah untill then your skilfully collecting building materials in which reduces the outgoing costs of model making (that should keep her happy  {-))

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 04:13:33 pm »

Welcome to the madness, plenty of helpful friendly folk on here. You'll have to post some pictures of your build, Dave.  :-)

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 06:15:04 pm »

Your next name will be Stig, for when you start hunting in skips looking for useful items.
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

Yarpie

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 07:36:55 pm »

Welcome to the model boating world Dave.

I would endorse the comments above by suggesting that rule No1 of model boat building is to keep C-in-C (Home), 'er indoors, fully on board during a build. Seek advice from that corner, evaluate and discard as necessary, but always seek that advice in the first place! %)

Good luck on your build Dave, what's it to be, kit or scratch?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.