The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > BMPRS - British Model Powerboat Racing Society

BMPRS Rules

(1/3) > >>

phillnjack:
Ive looked at the rules on the bmprs site and seen about exhaust must not protrude morethan 2.5 inches or be shielded ?

what exactly do they mean by a exhaust shield, ?
what do these shields look like ?
and do you only need to shield the excess amount of said protrusion. ?

phill %%

scoop:

--- Quote from: phillnjack on January 02, 2011, 06:27:40 pm ---Ive looked at the rules on the bmprs site and seen about exhaust must not protrude morethan 2.5 inches or be shielded ?

what exactly do they mean by a exhaust shield, ?
what do these shields look like ?
and do you only need to shield the excess amount of said protrusion. ?

phill %%

--- End quote ---
Hi Phill,  BMPRS recognised that sometimes hull designs do not have a lot of space inside to shield a hot exhaust from rescue crew when they collect a stricken (dead) boat from the water. So with this in mind we will now allow certain designs to have the exhaust protruding more than 2.5 inches as long as it is covered with some form of heat shield, what it is made from is up to the builder but it needs to be solid and of course heat resistant (ally plate would be good)........rescue crew safety is at the top of the list in our society.....if you have ever caught your hand on a hot exhaust you will know what we mean.

Regards
Scoop

martno1fan:
Het Scoop i wonder if the heat proof exhaust wraps  would work?i think theres also a spray you can spray on to help also.

triumphjon:
there is a tape style wrap available from MERLIN MOTORSPORT  castle coombe circiut , wiltshire , its applied like taping a wiring loom . ive a mate with some on his triumph pi that helps stop his feul vaporising in the manifold before it gets to the pistons !

Stavros:
This stuff is so good you can actually put your hand on the exhaust manifold when the engine is running,I doubt it would work on a rc boat as it would get wet when running,just a thought

Stavros

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version