Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: PC "Police" strike again !!  (Read 12522 times)

bilzin

Re: PC "Police" strike again !!
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 07:17:25 pm »

We have had a bit of a grumble lately about the 'short-fallings' of the UK whether it be political shortfalls, Police Organisations & etc. and we have blamed everyone.  Really we should begin and point the finger at ourselves - who has voted in the Government who have brought all these legislations in to allow this country to go the dogs, it wasnt Aliens....nobody but ourselves.

So instead of us airing our views on the model boat forum  -  should we not make a written note of our grievances and send them off to the Houses of Parliament and remember the shortcomings and shortfalls for the next elections - then we will see who is going to address the problems.

So....stop the whining on and blame ourselves.

here here....

Do you HONESTLY think for one minute that the wishes of the electorate count for anything less than "Jack", and that has been proved beyond a shadow of a doubt countless times in the last 2 decades.
Our local MP ( who shall remain nameless) was present at her "surgery" a grand total of 3 times in the year 2009- getting voted out in 2010.
I have had to resort to FOI requests on numerous occasions in order to ascertain the machinations of the local council and associated faux pas'

"should we not make a note of our grievances and post them off to the houses of Parliament"     ..I'll have a pint of what Bluebird's on please !

Bill    >:-o

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 07:26:17 pm »

It proves a point, nobody will blame themselves for electing the past Governments into post - but they do moan some......

aye
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

regiment

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 08:08:01 pm »

that goes for me two   blizin ex no i sqdn

Lord Bungle

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 08:16:24 pm »

Problem here is we have 3 main partys  See no Evil , Hear No Evil , Speak No evil and they are all Useless & Spineless and would never stand a chance if they came out of thier Ivory Towers into the Real world of Live..  Oh I forgot the Other Government , Those Idiots across the Water in Brussels or wherever they are..  We may have won The Battle of World War 2 but were loosing the war on keeping our Identity well and truley..
3 partys? try 1 party with 3 names we have the Centre Lib Dems, the Centre New Labour and the Centre Conservatives they are all so scarred of getting called something they have all gone to the centre. If you are anything other than centre you have no one to vote for except the extremists, this is why partys like the BNP are getting votes.

It also doesn't help that we all sit around moaning about various governments for 3 to 4 years but when they cut VAT cut Income tax and through us a few pennies from the pot we forgive them all sins and vote them back into power.

People need to vote for the person in there local area that will represent them and not for someone because they belong to a certain party.

and thats my 1/2 p worth  :embarrassed:

triumphjon

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 09:39:59 pm »

wont matter which party is in power , they all tell blatant lies to get the votes then its a big fat f--k you when they get the post as they can then do as they please !

bilzin

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 09:48:23 pm »

wont matter which party is in power , they all tell blatant lies to get the votes then its a big fat f--k you when they get the post as they can then do as they please !

Couldn't have put it better meself John....Bravo !!

Bill    %%

yorkiej

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 01:15:50 am »

MP's these days appear to be a bunch of money grubbing nonentities who, if put outside the Westminster Bubble, would be unemployable in the real world.
Just look at the tripe being poured out of Westminster these days. EG. Prison does not work - Ken Clarke - of course it doesn't - too soft a regime and Crispin - Yes - Crispin Blunt saying that all prison apples should be of identical size to stop squabbles. Etc, Etc, Etc.  Who will rid us of these unemployable Barristers and their like who jump into MP's clothes. I reckon over 50% of them should be locked up for Treason for selling us out to Europe and the east. What Hitler couldn't do, these monkeys are letting the EU Parliament do. I ask the question, who, if we don't vote for the existing lot, are we going to vote for??????????????????????
I fear for the future of my children's children with the entire Government/Opposition and hangers on trying to be all things to all men. We need a GOVERNMENT not a bunch of trendy social workers.  <*< <*< <*< >:-o >:-o
My, I feel better for that !!!!!  Tubes blown.

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 01:28:30 am »

We have no principled politicians in power at all. Go back to the 1930s, and you would find politicians with a wide range of beliefs - from fascist to communist. They held their beliefs to be fundamental, campaigned on them, and a voter could be sure that, if you elected a communist, he would support communist principles. This lot are all interchangeable, and have trouble producing a catch-phrase come election time to separate one party from the other.

I have a fairly simple remedy. Remove all pay for all political positions. Make sure that nobody can make any money at all out of representing constituents. Then the only people you will get offering themselves for elections will be doing it out of principle, and not for what they can make....

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 01:59:43 am »

We have no principled politicians in power at all. Go back to the 1930s, and you would find politicians with a wide range of beliefs - from fascist to communist. They held their beliefs to be fundamental, campaigned on them, and a voter could be sure that, if you elected a communist, he would support communist principles. This lot are all interchangeable, and have trouble producing a catch-phrase come election time to separate one party from the other.

I have a fairly simple remedy. Remove all pay for all political positions. Make sure that nobody can make any money at all out of representing constituents. Then the only people you will get offering themselves for elections will be doing it out of principle, and not for what they can make....

The same kind of rot has beset Oz.
I am old enough to remember when politicians and political parties voted and did what was best for Us and the Country not what's best for themselves their hangers on and their party as they do nowdays.  <:( <:( <:(

bigfella

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2011, 03:40:12 am »

The same kind of rot has beset Oz.
I am old enough to remember when politicians and political parties voted and did what was best for Us and the Country not what's best for themselves their hangers on and their party as they do nowdays.  <:( <:( <:(

I have to agree it is all about how many votes are in it for anything to be done. Before either side of politics decide to do something it has to go before a focus group to see if it is popular enough. Stuff if it will do the voters any good or not. CENTER is where the most votes are so neither side stands for anything. There used to be a difference.

Regards David

Lord Bungle

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2011, 09:51:04 am »

Crispin - Yes - Crispin Blunt saying that all prison apples should be of identical size to stop squabbles.

Crispin Blunt rhymes with Sitting MP you know  %)

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 11:04:02 am »

We have had a bit of a grumble lately about the 'short-fallings' of the UK whether it be political shortfalls, Police Organisations & etc. and we have blamed everyone.  Really we should begin and point the finger at ourselves - who has voted in the Government who have brought all these legislations in to allow this country to go the dogs, it wasn't Aliens....nobody but ourselves.

So instead of us airing our views on the model boat forum  -  should we not make a written note of our grievances and send them off to the Houses of Parliament and remember the shortcomings and shortfalls for the next elections - then we will see who is going to address the problems.

So....stop the whining on and blame ourselves.

here here....

'L's Bells John, something we actually agree on. Don't let Dicky see this one, you'll be accused of a negative attitude.

As usual Ian in his usual diplomatic way is trying to start a wind up.

Regards  Ian
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

bilzin

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 04:41:03 pm »

bilzin

Re: PC "Police" strike again !!, you were saying ??
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2011, 07:34:48 pm »

Or "till death us do part"  ;)

even only fools and horses would be scorned upon now, what with Sikh crash hats an blow up dolls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tW8USvdb4k&feature=related

Bill

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2011, 01:12:20 am »

Love it!

Thanks for that!
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Lord Bungle

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2011, 01:24:15 pm »

You notice how this isn't racist, because although Alf Garnet had racist views he never came out on top

bilzin

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2011, 07:17:47 pm »

You notice how this isn't racist, because although Alf Garnet had racist views he never came out on top

Brilliant stuff, no hidden agendas like todays s**t PC society, everyone gave as good as they got and gained more respect by it, AND it was funny too, for both blacks and whites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOLj-ZJsvVM

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2011, 07:54:30 pm »

Brilliant stuff, no hidden agendas like todays s**t PC society, everyone gave as good as they got and gained more respect by it, AND it was funny too, for both blacks and whites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOLj-ZJsvVM

Too true. {-) {-) {-)
 Society has gone stupid but the individual can still object and refuse to accept political correctness, ensuring change.
 Example, so called feminity is being turned around. :police: :police: :police:

Nordsee

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2011, 09:27:32 pm »

You do all realize that if the Lib Dems get their wish over Proportional Representation, then you will nearly always have a  Coalition Govt in future? I cannot rember the last time that one Party had over 50% of the vote, which will be needed to have a one Party Govt? Also PR will also allow some fringe Paries to achieve the 5% Mark and gain seats. HMMMMMMM Interesting do you think? Raveing Loony Party, Nationalist, Extreme Religous Parties. Wow!!

Lord Bungle

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2011, 12:33:38 pm »

you will be surprised on how many of the Raving Monster Loony Party's ideas have been taken up by the mainstream partys

cut and pasted from Wickipedia
Despite its satirical nature, some of the things that have featured in Loony manifestos have become law, such as being able to vote at 18, "passports for pets", and all-day pub openings. Similarly, the outcry following Alan Hope's appearance on the BBC's Nationwide current affairs programme after he was elected – during which he mentioned that butter and milk surpluses were being dumped down abandoned mine shafts under European Community rules to maintain prices (something the media of the day had failed to expose) – resulted in the distribution of such surpluses to the needy or charities instead.

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2011, 01:55:23 pm »

You do all realize that if the Lib Dems get their wish over Proportional Representation, then you will nearly always have a  Coalition Govt in future?...

I haven't looked closely, but I thought the proposal kept the constituency-based system, and added an 'Alternative Vote' feature. It's complicated to explain in a sentence, but the effect is as if, when three or more candidates stand and your candidate is not one of the top two, then you are invited to vote again for one of the top two.

Quite what that would mean in the UK will depend on complex calculations. I suspect that in general it will be good for Labour, since it will probably direct all the Liberal second votes to them. The Liberals must think it will benefit them, because they are supporting the idea, while the Conservatives look to lose under the proposal.

I see it as a bit of a cynical politician's trick. The impression I get is that a positive vote for someone or against someone is being changed into a sort of focus group survey - 'score how much you like all these politicians on a 1-10 scale'.   

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2011, 02:25:37 pm »

score how much you like all these politicians on a 1-10 scale'.   

What happens when they all score 1?

Lord Bungle

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2011, 02:37:41 pm »

I think 1 may be to high a number

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2011, 02:38:59 pm »

I think 1 may be to high a number
{-) {-) {-) {-)

Very good!

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2011, 03:38:19 pm »

Under the old system, such a situation would result in a low turnout, and a politician elected by, perhaps, 10% of the possible vote.

Under the proposed system, such a politician could claim that he had been elected by, perhaps, 30% of the vote, by adding together all the 'alternative' second votes he had.

Politically we are in strange times - the old joke: "There's no point voting - the government will get in anyway" has become true. It is hard to see any practical difference between the parties, and they will struggle to create fundamentally different manifestos next time round. However, that's not important - all sides have now shown us that manifesto promises are broken so often they may as well not be made....
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.