Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Galley 56 designer and builder  (Read 2790 times)

Galley

Galley 56 designer and builder
« on: January 05, 2011, 07:22:23 pm »

Hi All, Just joined the club having spotted one of my yachts on the web and it seems to have revived my interest in model boats.  These were the only model boats that I designed and built but have been model boating since I was 7 years old (48 now).  Have interest in both power and sail.   I am trying to establish the whereabouts on any Galley 56s I know one went to New Zealand, Bermuda and France; the rest should be somewhere in the UK.  In total around 20 were built but I still have several mouldings left if anyone is interested.  Seems like a great forum.  Cheers.  Chris

a3nige

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Galley 56 designer and builder
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 08:39:26 pm »

Hi Chris,
Having seen the photos of your models I may be interested in a set of mouldings, do you have any plans, instructions etc.
PM me if you want.
All the best,
Nige
"You're a hard person to ignore, but well worth the effort !"

tony23

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 10:39:16 pm »

Hi Chris,
           I have Galley Nr 12 which I bought off another member here I have yet to sail it in fact I'm just re-rigging the sails with new lines and bowsies, the chap I bought the yacht from told me there was another 2 in his club I'm sure he will see this thread and reply.

Chris you also have a PM!  :-))

Merpanda

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 10:23:11 am »

Hi, bumping this ancient thread in case anybody’s interested . . .I have what appears to be from sail and hull numbers, Galley 56 No2. I ‘rescued’ it from a junk shop in Bath some years ago, and have made a few repairs and cosmetic improvements. Overall it’s in good shape, but I have never got around to sailing it. Instead, it has sat in a purpose made storage box, waiting for me to do something about it. It’s a great looking boat, but a bit of a beast in size and heft for a casual sailor like me, and I am reluctantly getting ready to put it on eBay. Unless of course, someone on here wants a green Galley 56 in sound but near original condition?PS, was glad after many years fruitless search to finally track down its origins through this thread!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.