Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: new petrol powered deep v mono scratch build!!  (Read 37659 times)

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
Re: new petrol powered deep v mono scratch build!!
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2007, 03:50:49 pm »

Try again

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2007, 04:54:44 pm »

hi mate i can see your rudder no second pic ?how do you like these graphics? a guy in states is doing me some for free!!hehe now i see yer second pic thanks.hope you like my colour scheme hehe one favour deserves another i guess but for him to do this for me is fantastic.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2007, 05:28:21 pm »

a mate came up with this for me

omra85

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2007, 06:34:04 pm »

Nice graphics Martin.  You may find the "Fast and Furious" is already on an OMRA boat (can't remember who's) but it doesn't matter if there's more than one :)
Danny

Phantom1

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2007, 06:41:53 pm »

Cool graphics!! ;) and cool boat!

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2007, 07:27:17 pm »

im glad you like it guys i found the graphics at the site linked but a guy in the states i did a favour is doing me some similar ill post pics soon of the exact design he came up with.by the way he will do them for a good price im told to anyone interested :)Phantome your boats are really nice too im afraid my fibreglassing leaves a lot to be desired .this is my first sparky and so far so good .

Phantom1

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2007, 07:32:57 pm »

Phantome your boats are really nice too im afraid my fibreglassing leaves a lot to be desired

Fair play for getting stuck in though!  If you or anyone needs any info/help with any type of grp mouldings i'd be glad to help, 18 years in the industry for my sins!

keep up the good work!

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2007, 09:41:27 pm »

cheers mate but this boat is wood and epoxy coating on the outside and glass tape on the seams and engine rails.if i ever need a glass hull ill look you up  ;).

Phantom1

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2007, 11:27:25 pm »

Mart whats the overall height on that sparky?

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2007, 12:10:25 am »

the one in my boat or the zen? mines 7 1/2" its bigger than a zen and mines air cooled the zens are water cooled and a lot faster but mine will give me 35 mph a friend has the same one it cost me 15 quid on ebay never run.its a good engine for a fun sports boat for the money you cant go wrong for a first gas boat  ;D.i put a walb carb on mine and its given it a good boost ill open the intake alittle too thats hould help a bit also.a mates doing me a tuned pipe but ill run the can muffler for a while.

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2007, 12:16:01 am »

How spooky that you should mention engine height Phantom. Have just refixed the motor in mine and then was gettign toward refixing the deck, tried the hatch and realised that the blooming engine is now about 3/8" taller than it was (New mounts). So now my little drivers are going to have to sit there with a spark plug cap next to them.

Wonder if I can turn it into an airscoop?

Glenn

omra85

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2007, 01:21:04 pm »

Paint a crash helmet on it and pretend it's a third crew ;D
Danny

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2007, 01:23:14 pm »

::) Should have stayed with glow motors...

G

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2007, 06:09:01 pm »

::) Should have stayed with glow motors...

G
no you have more sense than that!! ;D

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2007, 06:44:33 pm »

;) Still got a few knocking around in the shed Martin, the CMB90 takes some beating and weighs next to nothing. (Relatively).

But I do like the convenience of petrol, I must be getting lazy.

Glenn

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2007, 09:59:21 pm »

;) Still got a few knocking around in the shed Martin, the CMB90 takes some beating and weighs next to nothing. (Relatively).

But I do like the convenience of petrol, I must be getting lazy.

Glenn
Best place for em in my opinion lol i hate nitro engines ,a real pain in the ass to start and too expensive to run too!!.I like the idea of turning up at the lake with my boat and radio and some fuel and having hrs of fun instead of carting a truck load of starting gear to the lakeside. 8)

omra85

« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2007, 10:10:02 pm »

Aw, come on Martin, don't pussyfoot around - if you don't like something just say so ;D ;D
I'll be popping out this weekend for a gallon of EDL and 4 gallons of 5% - only £84 :o ;D
Danny
PS Can you remember diesels - they're even cheaper (and slower) :P

Phantom1

« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2007, 10:47:30 pm »

Danny, i'm gonna opt to bang a sparky in this hull and see how i get on, seems to me to be an all round cheaper option. If i dont get on with it then i can build another hull and do a nitro!  sorry to let the side down buddy.........

Allan

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2007, 11:22:16 pm »

Danny, i'm gonna opt to bang a sparky in this hull and see how i get on, seems to me to be an all round cheaper option. If i dont get on with it then i can build another hull and do a nitro!  sorry to let the side down buddy.........

Allan
petrol is a step up not down its the future in boats,the zen 7 is 26cc and puts out an amazing 7.3 hp the record for a petrol boat running a zen is 102 or 3 mph.also the boats are bigger which is a pluss especially when your running in chop.if you want to learn more about gas boats as the americans call them take a look here!!
http://http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_236/tt.htm

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2007, 11:56:05 pm »

And here was me just starting to work on Phantom to sell him my CMB. Never mind. By the way Martin - keep meaning to ask each time I come here, what did you use the bloomin great hammer for in picture 1 on this thread? Surely not the boat? Or did you have Danny round to remove some offending engine mounting rails?  :o :o

Glenn :D

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2007, 07:53:55 am »

Sorry glenn i have to admit i have a phobia of nitro engines from past experience although i do have one lol i just hate carrying all the gear thats why i decided to go witha petrol engine.Nitro is faster for most boats under a certain size though,but the way petrol engines are improving the speeds are getting higher so the difference i guess is a personal choice.Im sure that cmb will make a boat that size fly no doubt about that.The rubber mallet in that pic was used to fit the rails to the bulkheads as they were a nice snug fit.On this build they all slot together forming a framework which makes for a very strong boat.I was been a bit tongue in cheak when i was putting nitro engines down by the way!! :D

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2007, 10:36:48 pm »

well i finally got my stuffing tube today and its bent to shape and test fitted,ive made a bracket for it out of ply with studs epoxied into it i will put a piece of ali bent to shape over the top of the tube to hold it in place.seems like it will work well,i will also install a small length of larger tube at the transome for this one to fit in so i can remove it easy when needed.the small length of larger tube will be glassed into the hull.once i get my new ferrule i will cut the flex to length and fix the flex into the ferrule using loctite retaining compound no 603.yup no solder just like the europeans do it!! ;D

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2007, 12:42:39 am »

well i finally got my stuffing tube today and its bent to shape and test fitted,ive made a bracket for it out of ply with studs epoxied into it i will put a piece of ali bent to shape over the top of the tube to hold it in place.seems like it will work well,i will also install a small length of larger tube at the transome for this one to fit in so i can remove it easy when needed.the small length of larger tube will be glassed into the hull.once i get my new ferrule i will cut the flex to length and fix the flex into the ferrule using loctite retaining compound no 603.yup no solder just like the europeans do it!! ;D

One of them Europeans like you, and me, you mean?

Yep, we have funny old ways eh?

I would still silver solder it - and an angle grinder with a nice thin (Steel cutting) blade went through my flexi cable nicely.

He he,

Glenn. Feeling not very European just now........

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2007, 08:47:02 am »

I aint European and never will be the sooner mr Blair and his pals realise we are Brittish and proud of it the better ,why did we fight two wars to stop the Germans running this country for him and his pals to give them the powers 60 years later  >:(..This country needs a shake up !!phew rant over lol.
 loctite retaining compound will do the job if it handles a zens power it will handle a weedy i hate soldering too !!.

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2007, 09:52:34 am »

I aint European and never will be the sooner mr Blair and his pals realise we are Brittish and proud of it the better ,why did we fight two wars to stop the Germans running this country for him and his pals to give them the powers 60 years later  >:(..This country needs a shake up !!phew rant over lol.
 loctite retaining compound will do the job if it handles a zens power it will handle a weedy i hate soldering too !!.

:) Thought that might get a reaction - feel better now?

Ho Ho. If you want I can get one of my engineers to silver solder the ferrule on, no cost to you only postage, if you want to take this up, get the length set up and PM me for the address and I can get you sorted out.

Glenn.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.706 seconds with 22 queries.