Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PROJECT ALMA  (Read 2998 times)

LarryW

PROJECT ALMA
« on: January 09, 2011, 02:07:36 pm »

HI LARRY HERE just finishing harry duncans black rose , enjoyed build if it ever goes on the water, i don't care it looks OK as static,..
  so while getting my mmi mags in order ; i see mark Steele published a article on alma scow looks just right for a balsa and card build and cheap for my budget ,
  and will keep my interest in modeling boats with sail,.as any body built this model ?,, a have good stock of balsa from boot sale ,
   but mag only shows cad drawing , would like build drawing plan , can any body help , a down load  is OK  ..... LARRY

kiwi

Re: PROJECT ALMA
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 04:14:19 pm »

Hi Larry,
The footy-scow Alma is again one of mine, Mark wrote the very nice article for MMI, Dodgy-Geezer has the drawings of the US Alma as a download on his web-site - http://eezebilt.hobby-site.com/scow.html

If you want the NZ Alma I have drawings here for that one. The hull bow shape and sail plan is different than the US one.
PM me with what you want
cheers
HarryD

LarryW

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 02:41:02 pm »

hi HARRY , BLACK ROSE is Nealy ready for launch , will  see if my sail set up will work , going run it past clevendon club members/
 very likely keel haul me {-). when you get a moment i would like a copy of kiwi alma .
 if the build is a good as BR i cant wait to start, i have down loaded the Yankee plan but i will have to take it to copy shop to scale up , :-)......larry.

LarryW

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 02:51:10 pm »

sail rig/.

kiwi

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 06:41:04 pm »

Hi Larry,
Black Rose looking very nice. Haven't done any more on mine for the past month, what with  brief holiday in Australia between Christmas/New Year, work and other commitments.
Both the Alma's are not scale models, but rather look alike from a distance and altered to fit the footy rules, but hopefully retaining the schooner-scow presence.
If you wanted scale drawings of a schooner-scow then MMI has the 'Marjorie Campbell' which is based on one of the still existing NZ scows.
The USA Alma drawings available for free download from 'Dodgy-Geezers' web site are full size on A3 sheets, as are the as yet incomplete set for the NZ Alma. Don't know how they would go if scaled up.
cheers
kiwi

LarryW

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 07:50:58 pm »

hi harry

nice to here from you ,i have all ready have the dodgy geezers drawing ,but yet to scale it up , i still prefer NZ scow as shown in mmi,
 can you help , i am not bothered a bout what scale , i just like your version, :-)) Larry.

kiwi

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 08:20:31 pm »

Hi Larry,
The USA Alma drawings you downloaded from 'DG's" site should be a set of 9 drawings. (all A3 size)
The NZ Alma drawings are (or will be) a similar set. The fittings etc are the same, just the hull and sail plan are different.
As soon as I can complete the NZ Alma set I will send to you, I still have your email address.
Cheers
kiwi

LarryW

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 08:24:26 pm »

thank you harry , waiting here for you ,thank you again  :-)) :-)) :-)).......LARRY.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 19 queries.