Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tug colour schemes  (Read 2823 times)

mogsy

• Full Mayhemer
tug colour schemes
« on: February 22, 2007, 06:42:46 pm »

??? Anyone have any suggestions for a colour scheme for my Al Khubar currently in build. I find Modelslipway's suggestions on the box and instructions have all been done - I'm probably going to rename it at launch anyhow so I don't feel it's a crime to deviate from the AlKhubar i ii iii schemes anyway. Perhaps someone knows of a webshite / book (preferably still in print) with loads of different colour tug pics that might help me??

ministeve

• Full Mayhemer
  • washing the decks!!!
Re: tug colour schemes
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 07:41:50 pm »

hi mogsy you could try TUGPHOTOS.COM there are loads of tug photos on there.

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 01:33:10 am »

You could spray it grey and say it's been comandered! ;D ;D
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Pirate

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 08:10:48 am »

Good morning Mogsy,
                    We have a small fleet of model tugs , all have a mixture of real or made up histories, that is the pleasure of modeling , (Having a modellers licence), ours are variations of the traditional green or red deck with either Smit colours or anything that took our eye from TUGSPOTTERS or TUGPHOTOS or TUG & TOW and TUGBOAT.NL.  No doubt our fellows will recommend many others.
The crux of my point is ,
                    IF IT LOOKS RIGHT AND YOU LIKE IT THEN IT IS AND YOU ARE !!!!!
Happy sailing from the Pirate and his motley crew ;) ;) ;)

mogsy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 09:00:27 pm »

Loving the Tugspotters site, there's plenty of inspiration there. I particularly like the 'Bourbon' series of what look like rig supply/service ships. Great big green things!!!  Marvelous.    Thanks for putting me in the right direction Pirate. Loads more colur on this site than Tugphotos. :)  I'll be posting pics of my Alkhubar in June hopefully

Tug

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 09:41:46 pm »

Take a clue from the model railway guys,

they make up a station/situation to fit in with the rolling stock and modeling area they have then using poetic licence create a story to go with the 'folly' [ie Sodor] (Thomas the tank stories) Never sugest that in a face to face mode!

Like one of my boats, based on a full sized model,  ???

that was built with the nightly robbings from cammel lairds and built in the back garden of a local lock-keeper, launched at night, and sold on the black market by a couple of scousers to a spanish drug dealer.  ;)  It of course had Ford engines?  D ; 'allegedly'
Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three
 weeks before you need it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.