Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gas F1 Tunnels  (Read 3223 times)

F1 madness

Gas F1 Tunnels
« on: January 11, 2011, 06:38:42 pm »

Hey guys.
Iv started this thread for some feedback.
As some of you know im planning building Gas F1 tunnel/s im currently in talks with a supplier for engines and hardware etc.
Im trying to gage how much interest there would be as im thinking of producing these hulls in fibreglass there will be 2 versions available,inboard and a outboard version.
Now for the outboard version the supplier and i are in talks about producing a scale outboard with cowl for 26cc gas,but i will keep you posted as soon as i know more,also they have taken an interest in what i build and have said if i can produce a quality F1 hull would i also consider supplying them my hulls.
The main reason is to get feedback is im currently in talks with BMPRS about the changes to the rules (  11.7     All models must have a minimum side height (measured from the chine to the deck, or half way round the radius if the deck is chamfered) of 2 inches (50mm) )
As this would mean the F1 hulls would not be able to race,and you cant have a F1 hull with 2" sides LOL.
But before we can really discuss any further i/we are trying to see how much interest there would be for this class if it were to happen,also to see if it worth me going ahead with this project either as a 1 off for me or as a supplier to all those interested in gas F1 tunnels.
Iv spent alot of time researching and asking alot of questions,emailing etc,all i would like now is to see what you guys think.
My main objective is to hopefully see a class for F1, inboard and outboard and make Tunnel hull racing more popular as it is in other parts of the world,australia,malaysia,africa and the states.
Just as a side note,i will build 2 F1 tunnels and plan on travelling around the country doing demo runs on race days for you all to see with your own eyes and do an open pits so you can see them close up.but this may depend on positive feedback received
Please if you have any questions feel free to ask and if you could give me your views and if your interested in seeing/racing F1 tunnels

Thanks F1 madness

F1 madness

Re: Gas F1 Tunnels
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 06:40:03 pm »

Meant to of said the hulls,engines,hardware will be available separately or will do ARTR & RTR with 2.4ghz radio.
The other thing aswell regarding the hulls i will make them seamless and these will available in gelcoat finish or just a matt white finish for you to paint as you please.but you could co-ordinate the colours example red top white hull etc, to give more choice and to suite everybody.
Rgds F1

scoop

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 08:50:45 pm »

Hey guys.
Iv started this thread for some feedback.
As some of you know im planning building Gas F1 tunnel/s im currently in talks with a supplier for engines and hardware etc.
Im trying to gage how much interest there would be as im thinking of producing these hulls in fibreglass there will be 2 versions available,inboard and a outboard version.
Now for the outboard version the supplier and i are in talks about producing a scale outboard with cowl for 26cc gas,but i will keep you posted as soon as i know more,also they have taken an interest in what i build and have said if i can produce a quality F1 hull would i also consider supplying them my hulls.
The main reason is to get feedback is im currently in talks with BMPRS about the changes to the rules (  11.7     All models must have a minimum side height (measured from the chine to the deck, or half way round the radius if the deck is chamfered) of 2 inches (50mm) )
As this would mean the F1 hulls would not be able to race,and you cant have a F1 hull with 2" sides LOL.
But before we can really discuss any further i/we are trying to see how much interest there would be for this class if it were to happen,also to see if it worth me going ahead with this project either as a 1 off for me or as a supplier to all those interested in gas F1 tunnels.
Iv spent alot of time researching and asking alot of questions,emailing etc,all i would like now is to see what you guys think.
My main objective is to hopefully see a class for F1, inboard and outboard and make Tunnel hull racing more popular as it is in other parts of the world,australia,malaysia,africa and the states.
Just as a side note,i will build 2 F1 tunnels and plan on travelling around the country doing demo runs on race days for you all to see with your own eyes and do an open pits so you can see them close up.but this may depend on positive feedback received
Please if you have any questions feel free to ask and if you could give me your views and if your interested in seeing/racing F1 tunnels

Thanks F1 madness

Hi F1,
As already discussed we would need to adjust rule 11.7 at our next AGM but only if there is sufficient support for this type of craft and our membership are in agreement.

With the costs you have quoted these scaled down versions of 'offshore tunnels' are favourable against the cost of a deep V set up.

We as a society wish you every success with this project and certainly look forward to your demo runs.
A few years ago I witnessed a demo run on Lake Windermere with one of these models and boy was it quick, all the best and good luck. :-))

Regards
Scoop
BMPRS Public Relations

triumphjon

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 10:04:48 pm »

sounds an interesting project , i cant see why you should need a rule change , remembering the full sized cats that used to race in bristol docks in the 70s & 80s they used to have a class of there own !

wicked999

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 10:07:41 pm »

hi all
i have a tunnel with a k&b 13cc that i would love to race
maby do a nitro class as well. like the old days of tunnel hull racing with the amps outboards :-))

F1 madness

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 11:33:49 am »

Hey guys just to wait and see what happens.

Well i gott say was hoping for abit more feed back than what i have.
Im not just planning doing this project for racing its for fun aswell and those who wanna run F1 tunnels,but at the same time if there are people out there who would like to race and see a class for F1's hence why iv been in touch with BMPRS and see where lies and build it to rules and regs,but obviously the rule stated above would need to be reveiwed.
Rgds Daz

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 12:28:12 pm »

Hi Daz,i started a similar thread last year to see if people were interested and some showed interest.What i know is needed is to get just half a dozen people interested and it will be enough to get the ball rolling.I know they were talking about a cat class to see how that went so i would think an inboard tunnel would fall into that category at least for now.The great thing as you know is that an inboard setup is much more cost effective and people could just use standard running gear not to mention motors etc.If these hulls are competitive and run as well as expected then people will want them as they are beautiful boats,the more people get interested the more they will start to want the outboard versions too im sure.
Mart

F1 madness

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 05:58:28 pm »

Cheers bud,just gotta wait to see if theres more interest.
I can certainly build a competitive hull especially once i can get 1 on the water for testing then can go from there,iv had good sucess from the leccy 1s and my new build will be proof of that once finished.

F1 madness

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 05:37:00 pm »

Hi guys,this is for all interested in this subject and F1 tunnels,im currently finishing off the drawings and will start a build thread in the next day or 2.
Will keep you posted :-))

triumphjon

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 11:06:26 pm »

looking forwards to seeing your progress ,
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.