Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 57   Go Down

Author Topic: Build the Bismarck - a "Hachett" job?  (Read 1278973 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Build the Bismarck - a "Hachett" job?
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2007, 04:54:55 pm »

So! Alles in ordnung, mein kleiner Schiffbauer!

What did you call my mother?!?!?!?  ;D
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Philipsparker

« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2007, 06:26:35 pm »

My Dad signed up for this. Parts 1-3 turned up OK but despite several weeks of chasing there is no sign of anything later. He spoke to the "customer care line" who basically told him to get stuffed. I then sent a slightly ranty e-mail and got the reply:

SUBJECT: KNITTING.K5/3097. ???

Thank you for your e-mail dated: 30/04/2007.

I will like to confirm I have today requestd issues 4-6 to be sent out for
you.

I will like to advice unfortunately issue 7 is currently out of stock,
however this issue will be sent out for you as soon as we receive stock.

Kindly note issues 4-6 will be dispatched in due course.

Please accept my sincere apology for the late response.

Kind Regards
Jonathan Moleta
Customer Care

That was a week ago. Still no sign of any parts. This is very anoying as going for this was a big step. The total build wasn't going to be cheap but the idea of getting it in small chunks was very appealing. I suppose if it was going to fold then after 3 issues isn't so bad as after 50 but it would still be nice to have a civilised discussion with Hachette where they told the truth.

Phil  >:(

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2007, 12:38:09 am »

Looking at this it is a customer service 'spin' letter that promises nothing.
But they do appologise.

SUBJECT: KNITTING.K5/3097. ??? [No guarantee this is about the Bismarck]

Thank you for your e-mail dated: 30/04/2007.

I will like to confirm I have today requestd  issues 4-6 to be sent out for
you. [not sent out, and there is no promise that they even exist]

I will like to advice unfortunately issue 7 is currently out of stock,
however this issue will be sent out for you as soon as we receive stock. [if they ever recieve any]

Kindly note issues 4-6 will be dispatched in due course. [no date, may also be out of stock]

Please accept my sincere apology for the late response.

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2007, 07:49:41 am »

I'm having the same problem.
It just seems that they have no mechanism for ANY subscribers to catch up!
In my case, any back issues take two or three weeks to catch up but they won't send out the current issues in the mean time.
Surely it would be their interest to sort out missing issues independently of the current issue so we not always on a catch up.

Magazine OK, parts OK subscription service .... wanting.

Martin.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Daryl

« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2007, 09:14:49 am »

The problem my son and I are having is that after I filled out my bank card details the bank sent me a new card with a slightly different number on. When I rang the customer services dept and waited for sometime for someone to answer it, I had a difficulty in getting them to understand the card details had changed. Two weeks later a letter came to say they couln't take any money out of my account due to invalid card details. Another 'phone call to tell them the correct number AGAIN! the person on the other said the invoice with the next issues would have the payment on they couln't take out of my account plus the second batch issue total and this would take 10-14 days for the transaction to happen.
After looking at my bank account I found they took the first payment out for issues 2&3 but not for the second batch of issues I received. the invoice for the second batch only had the total for that batch on.

Communication with them is difficult at times, now I am waiting for the next batch to arrive and my bank statement to see what they have taken out. The staff in customer services doe not seem to have much idea what their finace dept is doing and how they do it.

Daryl

Down below

« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2007, 11:30:19 am »

This is always the problem with partwork series if you subscribe direct, you would be better simply collecting from your newsagent as supply rarely misses a beat and you will complete the series a good 6 weeks before subscribers do as there supply always runs behind those who go via the newsagent ;)

Daryl

« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2007, 12:37:42 pm »

I agree but the newsagent by me won't order it as I am the only one so far who asked about it. Still my son is not in any rush... which is a good job judging by hattchtes performance so far.

Daryl

Down below

« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2007, 01:05:35 pm »

Thats a shame, it might be worthwhile checking out another newsagent as subscribing only brings hassle and the extra cost of constant chase-up calls, whats worse is there is an awful long way to go :o

Leaky

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2007, 05:12:00 pm »

Just recieved issues 4,5&6 and a snazzy little tool kit Got all the tools anyway but these come in case so useful at the pondside.There is an article regarding various adhesives i think its a way of helping those who choose to sail their kit as i believe its designed as a static. :)
badly raised and ill mannered.

Nightraker

« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2007, 08:45:40 pm »

:'( 
[/left
Hi Martin...did you subscribe to the Magazine??  ...I have,     only recieved parts 1,2,3,...recieved nothing since and believe its up to part 10 now...........Stu

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2007, 08:49:17 pm »

Hi Stu,

Yep! All signed up but not impressed with the subscription / post dept!!

Still held up at issue 4.... for 3 weeks now!  >:(

[/left
Hi Martin...did you subscribe to the Magazine??  ...I have,     only recieved parts 1,2,3,...recieved nothing since and believe its up to part 10 now...........Stu

Nightraker

« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2007, 09:02:57 pm »

Cheers Martin      least I do not feel alone on this one........modelled 1:16 Tiger and Lepeord Tanks and hundreds of 1:50 white metal trucks...but yes my first attempt at  Wood.....Ships not really my scene...But have always really been crazy on The German Battleships..Bismarck and Tirpitz.....so really looking forward to this....will keep watching your site......this is a first (Forum) for me :)

Cargo

« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2007, 09:31:57 pm »

There are nice Aeronaut Kits out there... at last you have the kit in one piece at home... no need to wait.

Btw. Martin, no colors here...  ::)

Philipsparker

« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2007, 08:21:31 pm »

Hooray - Parts 4,5 & 6 have turned up for my Dad. He spoke to the publishers again and it seems that the next batch have also been sent out.

Looks like there was a hold up while they worked out how many packs they needed to produce. Pity about the rubbish customer service though.

Incidentally, if anyone is into part works there is an excellent newsagent in Ely high street who seems to have at least some of every partwork produced in the last 10 years in his shop - except the Bismark !

Phil :)

Down below

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2007, 08:00:44 am »

Hi Stu,

Yep! All signed up but not impressed with the subscription / post dept!!

Still held up at issue 4.... for 3 weeks now!  >:(

[/left

I notice there is an issue 4 on ebay at a start price of 99p might be worthy of a shot as you could be waiting ages :o

Down below

« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2007, 08:46:23 am »

Another good place to look is on ebay as there always seems to be mags floating around on there ;)

Willit

« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2007, 07:56:57 pm »

probably a stupid question Martin...but are you going to make yours a runner or static?

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2007, 08:07:40 pm »

Well it's static at the moment... VERY STATIC!   >:(
I'm stuck on issue 4, no sign of 5, 6, 7, or 8.....   :(

But yes I will make mine radio control with three motors and three shafts.
Here's an intersting link about the Bismarck propellers - Here's an intersting link about the Bismarck propellers

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2007, 08:24:33 pm »

Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

zanussi

« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2007, 05:01:05 pm »

Hey Martin, good luck! I was very sorely tempted, I started the Spitfire kit but my bone idle postman would not deliver it, always claimed no one was in, so I kept having to travel miles and queuing up at the sorting office to collect it only to find it buried and broken. I thought the kit quality excellent and the articles spot on even so and I hope your Bismark does you proud.

Captain Povey

« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2007, 05:19:35 pm »

Hi Martin, On the glue issue a friend of mine, who builds full size boats for a living told me that as wood is cellular structure and most glues bind by penetrating this. The laser cutting in effect seals the cells and prevents penetration hence the week joints. Sounds reasonable I suppose. Anyway he told me this as he watched me build the St Canute and I did sand each edge and tested a few joints to make sure it was enough. It might be put to the test at the weekend.  Graham :)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2007, 07:54:49 pm »

Good point Cptn,
..... but you haven't seen the amount of glue I normally use!
By the end of this build, there will be a white waterproof PVA hull held together with a wooden skeleton!  ::)

Martin

Daryl

« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2007, 10:20:42 pm »

Had 2 letters from Hattechte today saying that my bank card details were not valid. So I rang them up and asked them what card details they had. It turned out they had the correct details and the letters dated 10th May should not have been sent out. They also said that my account was paid upto date as a payment had been made on 20th May. Quite good as banks don't work Sundays, whan I quizzed them on how come the letter was sent they aid that the 20th April payment was refused as card not valid so they tried again a month later. My reply was of course it was refuse some numpty had put the wrong number down against my card details which I did inform them on the 2nd May and I was told the details are now correct. When I asked when the next delivery was going to be made the person said issues 4, 5 and 6 was on its way. No there not as I have had them for a month! When is the next batch due, reply was in about 10-14 days.

Great kit.... so far but useless customer services, when you can understand their accent. Reading other build the Bismarck forums I am not alone in having difficulty with them.

Daryl

Cargo

« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2007, 01:00:14 pm »

Good point Cptn,
..... but you haven't seen the amount of glue I normally use!
By the end of this build, there will be a white waterproof PVA hull held together with a wooden skeleton!  ::)

Martin

Martin, its not the ammount of glue thats put on the parts. The parts must be free of the laser burned surface. Some rubs with sanding paper are enough. And dont forget to seal the wood against water  ;)

The colors didnt arrived here... maybe they thought its a bomb... stupid G8, they are all paranoid here!

Nightraker

« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2007, 08:20:07 pm »

??? Well at long last there was a card from the post office stating a parcel to collect
This is it,           parts 4 and 5 at long last..........Wrong
Parts 6,7,and 8....and the toolbox.........so thats clever  my ships going to have a hole in it ( well lets face it this is truly going to be an exact replica,   because eventually the real one had a few holes in it)
But to add to the injury I also have received a bill for parts 4 and 5
Oh Hatchette......when are we going to get it right.........Another phone call to a far off land....what a shame this model looks to be excellent

Stu
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 57   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.