Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Build the Bismarck - a "Hachett" job?  (Read 1278964 times)

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Build the Bismarck - a "Hachett" job?
« Reply #575 on: August 02, 2007, 11:53:11 pm »

ahoy...working on week 11, and I'm using evostik and I have a postal subscription which may get affected by thes strikes...
hope not....cheers for the comments and I will follow the tips but it is slow going right now and the missus is calling so i'd best say good nite,
thanks again
robert

red

« Reply #576 on: August 03, 2007, 08:37:45 am »

Martin

Is the foc press review freeby a recent event, only I think we were all under the impression that you were funding your subscription out of your own pocket as this is what your post suggest on page 5 of this topic ;)

If Martin had said ANYTINK, by now I think there may have been 30 pages of moans at Martin as if he owned the comany and for him to sort all the problems out. he is doing it as a punter by the look of things and having the same problems as everone else

Fred

Daryl

« Reply #577 on: August 03, 2007, 09:01:40 am »

I think you will find Hachette knows the dire service we who pay well over the odds are getting, but as long as the profits are there they don't care. After all there will be more subscribers for the next partwork, there allways is. Why ask you or Deans Marine for a press review by the time they get it the series over here will be finished, and if you report back to them after each installment it is too late to alter anything for future realeases in other countries. The last victims to fall for this kit is Australia and the advertising campaign will start at the end of august.

Any marketing guru will tell you press reviews are used in various ways one is to inhance the product by feedback from potential customers9 can't see that in this case), indirect advertising is another. If you think it is good you tell people on here and they will go out and subscribe to it, you could have asked for a commission, our sales people here do when they do things like this.

Down below

« Reply #578 on: August 03, 2007, 09:56:36 am »

I think you will find that whatever web forum you visit re this kit that subscribers seem to be having all sorts or problems with subscription yet those who get the mag via the newsagent don't seem to be having any problems in supply at all, one would think that subscribers would get preferential treatment simply because they subscribe and in effect have entered into a contract, but sadly this does not seem to be the case :(

So Fred in reply to your comment, pages of moans due to martin's building as a press review has no bearing on this, Martin is not the voice of Hachette and I'am sure he is reporting as he finds, it is simply that subsrcibers in general seem to be getting a naff service from there customer service provider across the board hence why they are getting hacked off including Martin, one would have thought that if his is a press review sub then he would get his issues bang on the dot, this seems not to be the case ::)   

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #579 on: August 03, 2007, 01:12:50 pm »

..... I only came here to build a toy boat........ ::)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

colin-stevens

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #580 on: August 03, 2007, 04:18:58 pm »

"A TOY, I COULD HAVE BOUGHT A CAR FOR THAT", as my signiphican't other would say. And frequently does! she's got to go.
women, cant live with 'em, can't put them in the fridge.
you did start it, Ha Ha. you'l know better next time
grumpy old XXX

Cargo

« Reply #581 on: August 03, 2007, 05:29:19 pm »

..... I only came here to build a toy boat........ ::)

I feel with you my friend... what about building a second one for me?!  ;D

Cargo

« Reply #582 on: August 03, 2007, 07:33:17 pm »

Its ok Martin, i hope that everything will work out fine for you. Btw. there is a question i have in mind... why is the Bismark that famous in England?

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #583 on: August 03, 2007, 08:21:05 pm »

It was more the build method that was of interest to me, plus I never built a warship.
... the Bismarck is famous everywhere!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Cargo

« Reply #584 on: August 03, 2007, 08:41:13 pm »

It was more the build method that was of interest to me, plus I never built a warship.
... the Bismarck is famous everywhere!

Yes, builded her own legend... but i am not proud of that ship... 

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #585 on: August 04, 2007, 06:06:10 pm »

ahoy admiral u alright mate? robert

marki53

« Reply #586 on: August 04, 2007, 07:09:24 pm »

hi martin!

try to see it in a positve way:

even if they cancelled your 'free build' remember you already saved more than 100GBP

so your ship will be less expensive than ours

i still hope they go on delivering issues and didn't stop because you bought a drive set of some german guy :-[

GO ON BUILDING !!!

markus

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #587 on: August 04, 2007, 10:15:49 pm »

what still an ableseaman after all those nice comments.......still planking.....
robert

Down below

« Reply #588 on: August 05, 2007, 10:08:27 am »

Marki

Have seen your photo on the .co.uk site of you painted Hull prior to its water test,....nice rocks!..... is there a reason why the resin Bow part is not in place ???

marki53

« Reply #589 on: August 05, 2007, 10:55:31 am »

not in place ???
mounted all resin parts, so i don't understand what you mean..

will upload the video in the next few minutes

markus

marki53

« Reply #590 on: August 05, 2007, 11:18:55 am »

here the videos:

found out that you have to move that round knob under the video a bit to the right, otherwise the video won't play ???

Down below

« Reply #591 on: August 06, 2007, 11:12:23 am »

Will be interesting to see what the turn stabilty is like once all the superstructure is in place as it may end up being a little top heavy once all the PE parts are added.

Seems odd Amati are reluctant to state the RC finished model wieght ???

Cargo

« Reply #592 on: August 06, 2007, 12:33:01 pm »

Looks a bit fast to me on the videos.

Down below

« Reply #593 on: August 06, 2007, 01:16:39 pm »

Well it does have three motors ;D

Marki

I read you water tested with nylon props...Did the Lassek brass props not live up to the task?

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #594 on: August 06, 2007, 03:28:04 pm »

Better to have too much power and throttle back rather than having to run flat out all the time..... it's called "anti duck speed"...... because it's not legal to make the guns work!  ::)

marki53

« Reply #595 on: August 06, 2007, 04:32:16 pm »

Better to have too much power and throttle back rather than having to run flat out all the time..... it's called "anti duck speed"...... because it's not legal to make the guns work!  ::)

couldn't test if she reached 'anti duck speed' - there were some young ducks on the pond but they were afraid of the ship ;D

yes, better be too fast than too slow! maybe i'm just a speed freak ???

eventually i will unmount 1 cell because 6V are enough, especially when using 30mm nylon props
that will also provide the correct voltage for the 6V steam generators

i sold my (new) lassek props to a guy from the .co.uk forum after lassek informed  me about 3 weeks delivering time for a prop order.
did't want to let that guy wait too long for his props - so i delivered him mine

markus

marki53

« Reply #596 on: August 06, 2007, 04:52:53 pm »

Your service sounds too good to be true ;)

...but it's the truth - hate nothing more than waiting on deliveries ;)

concerning the turn stability with mounted superstructure:

i don't expect any problems for the following reasons:

1. the superstructure is very lightweight
2. the brass parts are very thin (also lightweight)
3. the superstructure is very narrow in the upper area
4. made the first water test with 2 cola bottles mounted above the styrene battery holder - no problem

markus

Cargo

« Reply #597 on: August 06, 2007, 07:29:40 pm »

Thats ok with me, but i prefer a more scale-like speed. I personaly think that 3 engines with 16.000 rpm are more then overpowered  8)

Try and image a 16.000 rpm engine in my clyde puffer!!!  :o

slewis

« Reply #598 on: August 06, 2007, 11:06:41 pm »

I think that we will have to see what comes and work with it as we see fit .   Please lets make the build thread run as it should ,and let Marki53 post away without constant demands on him.

Shane

Down below

« Reply #599 on: August 07, 2007, 08:15:51 am »

Shane

I have never once PM'd you re any concern nor you me!!

If someone continuously posts every detail of a there high profile build along with promoting the sale of components then they can expect criticism be it constructive or not

Marki seems happy to respond to the points being raised and many thanks to him for doing so as it adds to the full picture of his build.

Text self moderated following Shane's apology below ;)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 57   Go Up

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 22 queries.