Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BISMARCK AND TIRPITZ....the same design hull?  (Read 4383 times)

rathikrishna

BISMARCK AND TIRPITZ....the same design hull?
« on: January 12, 2011, 02:15:38 pm »

Friends..i will be free after this March..so i am planing to build a Bismark in to a big scale...for this i was looking through many archives, and got an astonishing discovery...the Bismark and Tirpitz are same platform...is that true..?  i know Bismark is made by many friends all over here...and i myself..in to a small scale...so i hope i can go for the Tirpitz..if two platforms are same, it will be more easier for me...any help in this topic..please some expert advices...its a kind request...

pugwash

Re: BISMARK AND TIRPITZ....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 03:54:40 pm »

HI Rathi - Bismark and Tirpitz were of the same class but as frequently happens in warship building there are alterations made to later ships
in the class - As the second ship Tirpitz had some minor differences notably 2.6 meters longer and a deeper draught - otherwise the hulls were
almost identical and had the same beam measurements.   I believe there were also differences on the superstructure
Geoff

Bernd

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 04:52:18 pm »

Hi,

Tirpitz was some 20 cm longer due to a different bow layout. Bismarck was 250.52 m long.

Mr. Gally from Germany made a good Tirpitz plan set. Google for it!

Bye!

rathikrishna

Re: BISMARCK AND TIRPITZ....the same design hull?
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 11:53:06 am »

ohh..thanks for the advices...and Bernd ..,will you give me some links about it...now i am tired by searching the thing in net...please...

The long Build

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 01:07:20 pm »

Hi,

Tirpitz was some 20 cm longer due to a different bow layout. Bismarck was 250.52 m long.

Mr. Gally from Germany made a good Tirpitz plan set. Google for it!

Bye!

20cm ? The book I have shows it as 2.6 meters diff  Bismark 251m  Tirpitz 253.6m  ?

Tomasz.

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 05:29:42 pm »

rathikrishna, PM  :-))

Bernd

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 08:40:48 pm »

20cm ? The book I have shows it as 2.6 meters diff  Bismark 251m  Tirpitz 253.6m  ?

Hi,

books are patient. Bismarck and Tirpitz have the same hull, a difference occurs in the bow because they were designed with an almost orthogonal bow. The bows were redesigned by the ship yards and each found a little different solution. The hull design was delivered by the Konstruktionsamt of the Kriegsmarine and is the same for both ships.

HTH,

Bernd.

Bernd

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 08:44:02 pm »

ohh..thanks for the advices...and Bernd ..,will you give me some links about it...now i am tired by searching the thing in net...please...

Hi,

here is the info:

Bismarck/Tirpitz drawings. 1:100 scale
Hans Gally
Konrad-Adenauer-Ring 34
76316 Malsch
Germany

Bye!  :-)

rathikrishna

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 02:31:38 pm »

Thank you friends..by this night i will decide the scale, after sketching in in to my drawing board...a million thanks again to you all...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.