Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CO AXIAL CONTRA ROTATING AMAZING DESTROYER WITH 3.6 VOLTS....  (Read 4514 times)

rathikrishna

CO AXIAL CONTRA ROTATING AMAZING DESTROYER WITH 3.6 VOLTS....
« on: January 12, 2011, 02:18:28 pm »

Good Evening my Friends..it was my long awaited dream, to realize a water based craft,after my model of the Westland wyvern.at beginning i was thinking about a gearbox for this,and collected some datas from some proven helicopters and aircrafts.but soon i came to know that all such mechanisms are much complicated and need many sophisticated parts. so i started to trace myself with my drawing board, with many gears.after some burning of my brain i found a solution..two crown wheels and a pinion..finished !!!!....i got all these gears from toys, an excavator.and the most important thing that i have to tell you all is its performance...at beginning it gave me some head aches..but after redesigning the props and adding a nozzle by a piece of PVC  pipe...it woooshessssss...all at 3.6 volts...

rathikrishna

Re: CO AXIAL CONTRA ROTATING AMAZING DESTROYER WITH 3.6 VOLTS....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 02:19:19 pm »

its a Frigate...its a Destroyer...its a Corvette..to me its an ultimate Enemy Aircraft Destroyer..named as VIMAANA NAASHAKI  means, Vimaana means,aircraft,and Naashaki means a goddess destroys enemy aircrafts....its not based on any real craft...but 100% my imagination...but sure i agree,i got some inspirations from the crafts around WW2..the front gun turret was inspired by the German WIREBELWIND...of the WW2...

rathikrishna

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 02:20:36 pm »

Patience is the key of success...even though you must see the instructional videos here...first one shows the mechanisms for props assembly and
radar actuator...   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZgcNTzuopE

and second one for actual running....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z5pYu70PMc

rathikrishna

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 02:21:56 pm »

as usual i started with working on motor...i choose a configuration of high RPM with low TORQUE..becaues i know my new setup need a good TORQUE instead of a high speed because to drive the two big contra rotating props all within a cort nozzle...so after winding the motor for 4.8 volts i fixed it on a toy gear box.it was amazing about its torque...and the speed also was not bad..

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 02:22:45 pm »

so now i have two crown wheels and a gear box...so i need tubes to fix it...i wandered some hardware shops for some brass tubes..but wasnt any hope..so i searched for a stainless steel tubes..was available..but when i heard the price for it i just came back home...in desperation...suddenly i saw a thing laughing at me...it was nothing but was a telescopic antena from a scraped pocket radio...ommmm...yummy..i plucked it apart with pliers....so got some tubes apropriate...and no fear of rust..as it was brass...

rathikrishna

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 02:23:32 pm »

so it meshed well..the innermost shaft is nothing but a SS bicycle spoke...soo nice...

rathikrishna

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 02:24:18 pm »

structure made from thick foam board...was simple as you can see....and some blobs of super glue...GLUMMM...it was there...i praise the one who invented the super glue...(a million times...)

rathikrishna

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 02:25:42 pm »

the end bearings came from an old walkman, (not scraped..i got it from the room of my elder brother Krishna,and i crushed it for bushes..later he caughtme and i got enough..then at night he came to me and apologize..so take care while crushing walkmans..or tape recorders...ohhh...)

rathikrishna

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 02:26:23 pm »

so its ok..working nicely...

rathikrishna

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 02:27:18 pm »

the props was made from zink sheet, and a smaller one is placed at front, and an even bigger and coarsly pitched prop is used at rear as to compensate the flow induced by first prop.at first it gave me some pain...so after some redesigning...ommm....it flies...then i added a nozzle around the props...ohhh...it was far beyond explanations...all at 3.6 volts...

rathikrishna

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 02:28:16 pm »

the main control boards came from a toy...based at 35.156 MHz..was a system on RX 2B...i changed its wiring configuration from its childish circuit, and wedded with power transistors...2N2222...so range isnt a problem...a simple speed controller is used, by a 2N3055..driven by a toy motor...
the thrust pump was connected directly to the transistors on board..along with turret actuating gear box....

rathikrishna

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 02:29:18 pm »

radrar rotator is identical to my windshield wiper...the direct shaft is intented for dish and a second reciprocating arm is  intented for reflector of the firing control radar....

rathikrishna

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 02:30:10 pm »

all guns are made from brass welding rods,along with tubes taken from ear buds...all guns are HV, AP,AAA....

missile launchers are made out of paper tubes....

rathikrishna

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 02:31:02 pm »

dish made from the drawing paper and reflector from aluminium nets....tower is made out of coconut tress leaves strips...

rathikrishna

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 02:34:14 pm »

actually the indented paint scheme was brown, grey , green camouflage, but i do not have enough time to ait..so i finished it within the ghost grey...its an ordinary enamel paint, but i adds a lots of talcum powder in it..result..? yes a matty slurry surface....

rathikrishna

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 02:35:33 pm »

the RC system is from toy, and i replaced its final stage...

rathikrishna

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 02:39:29 pm »

Friends..i told you all..that it gave me some head aches at first..then after reworking on my props, and adding a piece of pvc pipe...i do not kno how to explain...actually the water was squirting out from the orifice at back...and instead of a vortex it makes an uniform waterflow at Stearn....and the whole running was based on a simple 3.6 battery pack...at last my baboon boy student crashed it on walls of my pond...have some rework on nose...hi..hi...

Abuelo3

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 09:57:29 pm »

That's a good job, it show that this hobby is just for fun and make the brain work, keep it fun.
Best regards :-))

rathikrishna

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 11:49:23 am »

Godo..to me model making is not a fun...or not a time pass...its my life...i always enjoys the sheer joy,of model making, while i see my crafts in action...so i old you, if i was born around you...ohhh...i can do more and more things in my model making...so dont say making models as fun...its our life...happy...have a nice day...

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 04:34:09 pm »

Once again im astounded at what youve made. Thank you for posting your video. Thanks. John.

Abuelo3

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 10:37:57 pm »

Yes, yes yes, my post was in order to congratulation to You, your work is some of the most ingenues that  I ever see. Thank you very much for let us know about it.
Best regards :-))

nhp651

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 11:09:16 pm »

you really are an inspiration rathi.........we take for granted in the uk, just picking up a phone......ordering model supplies an d then whinging about the supplier if their goods are not with us by return post........we have a lot to think about and be appreciative of when i look at your modelling.......you are pure genious......thank you for that inspiration.
neil. :-))

rathikrishna

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 02:27:08 pm »

Friends...all we know we are model makers..i was living in a great desperation, until i joined in the MBMH...no i know i am not alone...each and every postings from you all are much inspiring...so i am too thank full to you all...sure...now i am in a little busy to finish my rowing boat...Rachu
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.