Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: London Boat Show  (Read 1172 times)

tony23

London Boat Show
« on: January 12, 2011, 09:54:30 pm »

I went to the London Boat Show at Excel today I volunteered to man the MYA stand we had a large pool and wind machines and eight MicroMagics for the public to have a play with then a little 2 lap race to finish. I must say our stand had the largest queues all day we must have got through hundreds of public wanting a try a model boat sailing and they all walked away with a smile we even got some members out of it, if anybody is at a loose end and wants a day out try the boat show there is some stunning boats there even if it's just a dream and your very welcome to sail the Micro's
http://www.londonboatshow.com/2011/home.aspx

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: London Boat Show
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 09:58:55 pm »

It's funny that you mentioned this. Whilst coming home from work on the tube the other night, I saw a poster for this show and thought it would be a good opportunity to reach a wider audience for model boating.

Do you think they would be interested in having a stand with some model submariners there? Got a name I could contact?

Andy

Dekan

Re: London Boat Show
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 11:26:45 pm »

I helped out on the MYA standard on Monday. We had  fun day...I don't know how many people had a go with the Micro Magics..but some the many school kids we had trying them were really quite good :}

I watched the IOM regatta for a while in the big boating pool, very competitive.. The American commentator was completely out of his depth :} He mumbled something about commentating on Domino championships... {-)

It was interesting to see Graham Bantock and some of the guys from the IOM regatta racing the Micro Magics on the MYA pond.. Once the buzzer went their "Race face" descended but I guess you have to be that serious to be a champ

The full size dingy people really enjoyed themselves with the MM..I gather that some of the boat clubs have introduced a R/C boat section..This sounds like a good idea.

The Mike Weston (RC Yachts.org) built MM's stood up the abuse and performed pretty well flawlessly...The Planet T5's TX Vapex batterys lasted all day and the 800mA Vapex Rx pack half a day

It's a huge exhibition and some of the boat prices will make your eyes water..but well worth going to.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.