Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: hughs fish fight  (Read 5581 times)

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
Re: hughs fish fight
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 07:06:40 pm »

No not all fishermen obeys every rule , thats not the point. The way things are now they don't just face a £50,000 fine for a single offence ( which can be a single undersized fish , thats how its written in law ) they face the prospect of being made bankrupt for an "offence" that could be considered absurd ( having 8.1% more fish aboard than declared would be prosecuted even tho I have said that getting the figures correct is almost impossible )
Davie Tait,
Scotland

bosun

• Full Mayhemer
    • bosunsmodelboats.com
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 07:13:50 pm »

Names like Captain Birdseye and Salty Sam does in my estimation besmirch the good name of UK fishermen, when someone has to resort to name calling, that someone has already lost the argument, and yes I have read what you rote(sic) very carefully. I have also read this when I was chilled out as you suggest.When you refer to the Fishing quota system preserving stocks you are merely repeating a fallacy that has proved to be untrue, listen to the guys out there doing the job you evidently find amuseing, you obviously have no idea of what you are talking about,. Re... the remark about me not commenting on your point about sinking boats that dont follow rules, so I must agree with you... well no I dont agree with you, that is just another frivolous idiotic statement made by someone who has,nt a clue. The act of dumping good fish stock is wrong and that is indefensable, and it has has already been stated you cant defend the indefensable, end of story.
Bosun
bosunsmodelboats.com

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 07:15:34 pm »

If that is the way some people want to conduct themselves in what could have been a grown up and adult debate,

On Bosuns quotation, how can one "Debate" if all the veiws are the same? (Like the first six postings)

But on the acceptance that some are not whiter than white, the programme wouldn't have caused the same reaction had we been riding with "Pirates". Wonder what the attitude would have been then?
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

wbeedie

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 08:19:13 pm »

If you read the papers for the past few weeks you will see there are fishermen from the UK who have broken the rules now they are screaming whiter than white about the Icelandic/Faroes situation and the Herring men have been at the same caper since time began with back handers/slipping the fish if to small , they even had to close the fishery in the 70's due to over fishing so I dont have sympathy for any of that crowd but the UK white fis fisherman has had to bow and scrape to the EU for the past eight years since te Cod Reform when "apparantly " there were none in the sea although when they stopped allowing us to land them we were putting at least 100 boxes over the side a trip back then, the scientists will not leave their offices who dream up these nightmare scenarios , forcing someone to work in weather they should be dodging but not fishing which they have to due to days at sea then dumping good fish over the siide dead because Brussels tells them so is a joke and should be  stopped now and more workable rules brought in
Fishing is a bad enough job anyway and having lost a crewmate while think you arent going to make it the going through the guilt because you lived is worse and something I and many other have had to do in a time when jobs are generally made safer but how can you do that with the clowns in charge from LAND LOCKED countries like Austria telling an island nation what they can and cant do when they dont have a clue and the closest to a fishing boat they have been is a video camera

Mr Andy

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 08:58:39 pm »

I watched it last night and glad I did, what a disgrace that people in charge can allow such blatant waste. I went on the web page and registered my name  in protest.

Andy.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2011, 02:48:45 am »

***Even though there are strong opinions that deserve to be aired, ModelBoatMayhem may not be the best place to do this.
This topic is heading down a slippery slope towards conflict. This is not part of the Mayhem ethos.
if it descends further it will be locked***
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

yorkiej

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2011, 02:24:07 am »

If you read the papers for the past few weeks you will see there are fishermen from the UK who have broken the rules now they are screaming whiter than white about the Icelandic/Faroes situation and the Herring men have been at the same caper since time began with back handers/slipping the fish if to small , they even had to close the fishery in the 70's due to over fishing so I dont have sympathy for any of that crowd but the UK white fis fisherman has had to bow and scrape to the EU for the past eight years since te Cod Reform when "apparantly " there were none in the sea although when they stopped allowing us to land them we were putting at least 100 boxes over the side a trip back then, the scientists will not leave their offices who dream up these nightmare scenarios , forcing someone to work in weather they should be dodging but not fishing which they have to due to days at sea then dumping good fish over the siide dead because Brussels tells them so is a joke and should be  stopped now and more workable rules brought in
Fishing is a bad enough job anyway and having lost a crewmate while think you arent going to make it the going through the guilt because you lived is worse and something I and many other have had to do in a time when jobs are generally made safer but how can you do that with the clowns in charge from LAND LOCKED countries like Austria telling an island nation what they can and cant do when they dont have a clue and the closest to a fishing boat they have been is a video camera
Well said
There are many armchair theorists who have not seen the dumping for real and merely assume that all TV programmes are fake.
As a bloke who started fishing off Iceland and the North Cape at the age of 14 , that is 53 years ago, I can say that the EU has sent the UK Fishing Fleet down the closet.
It's very similar to the 'Global Warming' hysteria. Perhaps Al Gore will travel from the US and save us from ourselves. That is if Pigs do fly.
Cheers
John %% %% %%
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.