Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: CRAZY GIRL..ITS MY ROWING BOAT....  (Read 16019 times)

rathikrishna

CRAZY GIRL..ITS MY ROWING BOAT....
« on: January 17, 2011, 10:07:42 am »

Good morning Friends...
Once upon a time, there was a beautiful woman,a warrier princess,named Rathikrishna,  lived in the Candy Ruby Red Island,in God's own Country, in India.
by some reasons she was unable to marry one.so she worshiped the Soorya Devan,(Sun God),for years...then one day Sun God appeared in front of Rathi,
and asked..
Soorya:-  " hey Girl..now i am pleassed in you, what is the intention of your worship..?"
Rathi:-       "Oh my Lord..i need a Baby for myself...now i am alone..if its not, i will die here..."
Soorya:-  " No...dont be sad..i will give you a girl child...but i have a condition, that you must agree with..."
Rathi:-      "Sure..indeed.."
Soorya:-   "Here its too hot...so my baby is too adicted to Ice creams..she always looks for ice creams..,
   So, you must find a way to feed her ice creams when in need..."
Rathi:-      Lord..how can i manage it..?  i do not have any ice cream vendors near me..."
Soorya:- " Dont worry..i can see an ice cream vendor near to your river base, from your home...to reach there i will give you a boat with         some peculiarities.."
Rathi:-      "Peculiar..?"
Soorya:-   "yes...its a boat finished in Sunrise Orange colour,weight less , all carbon composite..!!, stiff, strong, but much light...and yes,          it is assisted with
   a sets of Power Assisted Oars..!!!.. so if you want to row it, you can simply grab the handle, and the sensors in the handle will detect the
   effort,so it will assist you hydraulically..so you do not have any excersion...my baby very much like the boating along with ice cram eating..!!!
   So you can simply take her to there when she asks for the ice creams...and yes..never forget to sing the ever classic rowing song..
   the row...row...row the boat..so she will be pleassed..."
Rathi:-     "Oh..cant we fix an engine on it...?  or an electric motor..?  i am an expert in boat making.."
Soorya:-  "Yes i know..but my baby never like the engine noise..so if you agree i will agree...and time is running ,i have ample of things to do..."
Rathi:-       "agreed..."
Soorya:-  "So when you reach back home, you will see the boat at the bridge of your grand home...and baby will there in the boat...the name of the craft
   will be CRAZY GIRL, as i feel like that after seeing you..."

then God disappeared...Rathi went back home..she took the girl...when the baby saw ,Rathi, she started to cry..Maaa ikeemmm...
so Rathi started to row the boat...she kept the cute baby on the cushioned box over the platform..and started to sing...
Row..Row..row the boat...gently down the river...merly..merly...
then baby started to laugh....
                                                                                                     from Tale of two Angels...

rathikrishna

Re: CRAZY GIRL..ITS MY ROWING BOAT....
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 10:08:19 am »

have you heard this story before..? No chance...because i just typed it here...but this was a dream..and this was the cause ,to think about a rowing boat...

rathikrishna

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:09:10 am »

all we run behind big ships, speed boats,and tugs..etc...etc...but none of us will think about a rowing boat...why..? its clear...the toughness to find, or to make a rowing mechanism..its true, i was loooking for such mechanism,for me..so i searched..but none of them wasnt easy to make, and some of them was actuated by three and four servos for one side..and it need a circular movements of control stick, all with a good timing...sooo messy....

rathikrishna

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 10:10:33 am »

so i smoked my brain a lots...and started to trace on my drawing board with a hot coffee...as my Maa's filter coffee inspires me..i found a solution for my worry.

I seached for a good doll around me in all shops..but none of them was in scale, some was 2 foot long..after some disappoinment, i got three dolls, from a car goods seller, as key chains...those three was almost in 1:30 th scale..

so i started with the longest doll, as you see here...

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 10:11:42 am »

then i removed its hands from body.....

i took a smaller crown wheel, from an old toy, and made this setup, as you see here...

rathikrishna

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 10:13:00 am »

after pasting the head and hands on the shaft, i waited for a day...

after the setting time of the glue, i added some more reinforcements on it...

and i placed it over a toy gear box, with a reworked motor for 6 volts....

rathikrishna

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 10:13:53 am »

i fixed two aluminium brackets at the tips of the each hand, to fix the oars..

the oars was made out of foam board..and oar rods from brass welding rods...

the rudder set up is conventional, as the craft is too slow in nature....it made out of foam board, and driven by a toy gear box, via a walkman belt...

rathikrishna

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 10:15:11 am »

the basic hull is expanded polystrene, and all additions where done by foam board...

i placed my baby as a trial here...

rathikrishna

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 10:16:21 am »

i added lots of weight all over the back,of the craft, to retain the momentum,aqquired by the oars...if not, the craft will stall...and jerks,insted of a foreward  motion...

you can see all mechanicals in this instructional video....

and actual running of the craft here....

rathikrishna

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 10:18:35 am »

rathikrishna

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 10:19:45 am »

Friends, i posted this here, not to show,anything as i am a great one, but only to share my idea, to make a rowing boat, in much much simpler manner..all we know making a rowing boat is a tough job...but see my videos..so we see how simple it is...so i have a request to you all that some of you, must try to make craft like this...why..? because i will get more ideas from you...

so my next rowing boat will be the "POPEEYE"  the sailer man..koooo....koooo.....

have a nice day...god may bless us to make more exciting crafts...ommm....yummmy crafts......

rathikrishna

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 10:21:02 am »

and it works well...

rathikrishna

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 10:22:00 am »

i fixed my MP3 player underneath this cover, along with a small power amp,to make the baby laugh, while i sings the rhyme...
thanks for the person, who gave me the BGM of the nursery song, row boat..and too thankfull to my friend Lakhi,for the ring tone of baby cray..
i apologize, that my voice is not clear, due to a heavy cold..sore throat..so my voice is blurring...i will rerecord it later...

rathikrishna

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 10:22:59 am »

Never forget to share any ideas about a rowing boat...beacsue i need to make more rowing crafts...

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 11:06:41 am »

Amazing

Well deserved  "Mayhemer of the year"

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

The long Build

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 01:12:20 pm »

Hi
As above amazing..

Thought you might like to see a rowing boat that was at a show in 2007 , go to post 72 for the workings , there is also a picture of the skeleton crew..

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=6308.50

Regards
Larry

david j

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 01:22:05 pm »

hi rathi            this must be the iceing on the cake, what can we expect to see next, i cant wait

davidj

kiwi

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 06:04:15 pm »

Rachu,
What can one say but "BRILLIANT".
Your skills and practical solutions to your modelling are an inspiration to us all.
So well done
cheers
kiwi

craftysod

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 06:55:10 pm »

Fantastic work there Rathi,
And no one has mentioned you have a lovely singing voice to go with your building talents.
Mark

Wetwater

• Full Mayhemer
  • My mind often wanders. Once it left completely.
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 11:13:20 pm »

Another BRILLIANT model.  :-))  Like the arm movement although I would soon get tired rowing like that.

What next, a diving submarine maybe.   O0
Alan.

Lord Bungle

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 12:45:05 am »

Rathi I have to ask this, have you built a time machine? the speed you seems to turn out these wonderful models is amazing, I still have a pile of bits waiting to get fitted, a mountain of balsa waiting to be marketed out and cut to shape and can't find the time to do it at the moment, yet it seems you produce a stunning model every few days. I raise my hat to you.  :-))

rathikrishna

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 05:43:51 am »

Good morning..Kenny, please dont consider me like that...please..because i know, there are many friends in MBMH, is far greater than me in own works..you can see all of my works are based scrap things..but thanks for the inspiration to me...i know , still i have ample of things to do..in modelling..still working on my crafts...thank you all...have a nice day...

rathikrishna

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 05:48:05 am »

" Like the arm movement although I would soon get tired rowing like that." Hai Wet..i told you its not an ordinary oar..nowadays Gods are insisting all sophisticated enginering, to promote their effort...as the population is increased its hard to help all through divine ways..so it was assisted with Power Assisted Oars....(Hi..HI..)  so its not a problem to row...(apologize..only for a jolly...)..

rathikrishna

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 05:49:25 am »

"The long Build"  thank you Sir..for the link..it was the thing that i looking for...

rathikrishna

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 05:58:07 am »

OHHHH....and from there we can see how complicated it is...Friends..when compared to that work, you can see how simple it is to make a rowing mechanism..that i used here..still it works nicely...yes..?  so its a humble request to you all that please make arowing craft yourself and post it here...because all we need to share many ideas from here...surely MBMH is a GRACE for a modeller...as the BIBLE says, the Lord leads us, so we have to follow, without FEAR...its nice...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.