Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robbe S130 by Peter (Sweden)  (Read 1639 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Robbe S130 by Peter (Sweden)
« on: January 17, 2011, 05:54:10 pm »

Via Email to Mayhem...

Hi Martin,

Just purchased the famous Robbe Schnellboot. Right now I have the same feeling that you have when going to the dentist; You know it´s going to hurt, you´ll bleed and you know it´s going to be expensive… Your tech-tips will help me out a lot ( http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/Builds/S130/1ndex.htm )

Bought the kit from another guy who already had cut the hull. No worries for me concerning this issue! Seems like he cut it correct as well, but with this kit you newer know do you.. Anyway; two pics-  Arrival of Pandora´s box… and most likely I´m in a world of s--t J

I´ll keep you updated!

Brrr…
Regards,
Peter from Sweden

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hahahaha!!
Well done Peter, I'm glad it's not only me that bought the kit!
Send me photos and I'll post them up on Mayhem as you build!
Regards,
    Martin 

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
    • Chasewater Model Boat Club
Re: Robbe S130 by Peter (Sweden)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 08:19:02 pm »

hi Peter,

if that S boat runs anything like my Dusseldorf, stick to the robbe geared motors, they are simply unbeatable, both for reliability andtorque/speed. My dusseldorf can run as fast as a lot of the torpedo boats we have at our pool. Mine runs the twin robbe 3:1 geared units, with built in gearboxes and fixed propshafts, with 45m props.  it will run nicely on a 12v battery, no problem at all and will turn a fair bit of speed for you in return.

best of luck with the build!
Best wishes.

Steve. G.
Treasurer & Membership Secretary:  Chasewater Model Boat Club
http://chasewatermbc.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.