Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Its been a while!  (Read 1957 times)

daverolph

Its been a while!
« on: February 23, 2007, 07:50:38 pm »

We used to use the model boat forum and come to Model Boat Mayhem for everything else, now you have a forum - nice one.

My father in law and me made "Danny Boy" Mount Fleet Drifter in 2003 and although he has since made 2 more mount fleet models I am  trying to get the electrics sorted again.

The first boat is here and this year we actually plan to get this and at least one more of the boats in the water !!!

http://www.dave.rolph.com/model/model_index.htm

Now I have a question !, when we bought the first boat we bought a smoke generator.

Has anyone out there got some advice on how we operate this remotely ?

I know you probably need details of the RC kit etc and I will get all this in time, I just wanted to see what people think and if anyone has any details of something working ?

Thanks

Dave and Mick

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Its been a while!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 08:39:39 pm »

Hi Dave

Welcome to the club.

If you type   SMOKEY  into the search engine at the top of the page, you will find a thread on the subject.  The members here will be only too willing to offer other assistance to you.  (nice web site by the way)

Cheers...Ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

daverolph

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 11:11:32 am »

Hiya Ken

I have read a few comments about "Old Smokey" and I actually had some initial contact with JJC over a year ago, and I would love to buy his sound and steam but the after sales support puts me off (for now) I will consider him from our new project later this year (if he gets his act together)

We already have a smoke unit I think it was Graupner.

Anyway I will have a look around the forum, I was looking for an idiots guide (cos that is what I am)

catengineman

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 10:04:25 pm »

Now I have a question !, when we bought the first boat we bought a smoke generator.

Has anyone out there got some advice on how we operate this remotely ?

Dave and Mick

Hi I'm not sure if I am on the right track but if you have an electronic switch (controlled from transmitter etc) then the smoke unit can be switched on / off as per requirements this should give you control over when it will smoke but if it is an oil type then you are reliant on the amount of oil it has.
(my thoughts and this is not tried by me so what would I know?? ;D ;D)
PS: I will be testing this theory out on my build of the Tito Neri

Richard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.