Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need plans for a 1960's Fairey Huntress 23  (Read 4525 times)

frankg

Need plans for a 1960's Fairey Huntress 23
« on: January 16, 2011, 06:29:55 pm »

:-)I am looking to build a 1/8th scale model of the 1962-3 Fairey Huntress 23, such as the one used in the James Bond movie “From Russia  with Love”.  Any help in locating a plans set would be greatly appreciated.   I think building the model in 1/8th scale will allow me to greatly detail the interior of the operating model.
 :-))

phillnjack

Re: Need plans for a 1960's Fairey Huntress 23
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 04:23:37 pm »

well have you looked at what the difference is between huntress and the huntsman is ?
I would of thought it fairly easy to produce the model from the same plans adjusting slightly
here and there for the differences ?

maybe there is too much difference, but i thought it was just the size

phill

triumphjon

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 09:44:25 pm »

far more than a couple of feet , huntress is a single engined , single shaft and rudder , 23 ft long vessel against the huntsman which was either 28 ft long or 31 ft long  the hulls  are also different in shape to each other . there are a couple of full sized fairey huntresses on the market at the moment , fairey nuff is a huntress thats recently been restored , there is also one of the captains launches from hms invincible for sale , if you are able to track the owners down they may have a copy of plans !

phillnjack

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 02:15:43 pm »

fairey marine have a bit on their site saying that the huntsman is just a larger version of huntress.

not all huntsman were twin screw.
dell quay ranger is also same basic stretched hull and they also were sometimes single screw models.

huntress with all the fancy extras is very hard to tell from aft cockpit huntsman.

here is link to huntsman and all fairey marine boats
http://www.faireyownersclub.co.uk/default.asp?content=boats&type=huntsman28&photo=2

phill

triumphjon

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 11:08:26 pm »

the early dell quay ranger was based on the huntress hull , however all huntsmans are twin engined and screw vessels unless of course your looking at most of the models constructed over the years which get only a single motor be it electric or glow ! if your building the model correctly then a huntsman has twin screws and the huntress has a single screw !

phillnjack

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 11:26:39 pm »

You might be suprised about what engine arrangements were on some huntsmans.

phill

frankg

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 02:54:22 pm »

:-)The HUNTRESS 23 that I am looking to model in 1/8th  scale was single screw and powered with a FORD Interceptor V8 engine.  I think back in the 1960’s FORD had sponsored  and powered a Huntress in a number of power boat races around England.

BY the by, the boat used by James Bond in “From Russia with Love” had a FORD Interceptor V8 in her.

triumphjon

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 07:16:36 pm »

have you had any luck with the number i sent you ?

frankg

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 01:39:40 am »

TRIUMPHJON- I have just read the thread you left today.  I will try and call Monday during working hours and I will let you know how I do.

Thanks for the heads up on the phone number.

triumphjon

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 08:10:58 pm »

its best to call gentlemans hours , ie between 1100 and 1400 hrs . i know hes been unwell recently but dont know if hes back at his desk yet !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.