Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Townsend Thoresen Free Enterprise V / P&O Pride of Hythe - development of a kit.  (Read 280123 times)

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer

Perfection has no time limits.

Hi Antony try saying that when you hit 55  {-) ;D
........ but you are right of course  :} ........ but a peek might be nice.

Dave

deadwood

Hi,

in the FLOSS community there is a saying, Release early, release often!

Does anyone know what's happened to Carl? Long time no see.
I replied to his PM but never have received an answer since.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer

Hi Deadwood

Last thing Carl said to me was he was extremely busy at work. So between his employer
and his own build he is probably really up against it timewise. Plus sometimes you just
need a break from things .........I do anyway.

Dave

wartsilaone

Carl was active on the Dover ferry forum on the 24th but I guess he's really busy.

What ever he is doing I wish him well and eagerly await the next instalment.

Ali   

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
  • Figurin' it out........slowly!!!
    • Linkspan Models

Hi friends - I am truly sorry not to have been about for a while but, as well as being stupidly busy with the day-job (actually, working with others to keep the business afloat!), I have had some personal issues to contend with (which, as you can imagine, I have needed like a hole in the head!!!).

Please forgive me if I have not got back to you personally on matters - and now I notice that we have lost all our old PM's which is not going to help matters!!!!

I promise i WILL get in touch with you all soon............Ali - thank you for the nice surprise of the decals for SOFE - will contact you 'off forum' very soon.

Will update in a couple of weeks on the FEV front - I am sorry that not much has happened, but without the income from the day-job, I would be 'sunk'!!!

Carl

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer

Really nice to see you back Carl :-)) O0
I hope everything works out for you mate.

Dave

wartsilaone

• Ferry Small Ships
  • Full Mayhemer
  • It was like that when I got here!
    • Ferry Small Ships

Welcome back Carl, You had me worried for a while.

It's good to hear from you mate.

Ali.
ferrysmallships.moonfriut.com

deadwood

• Full Mayhemer

Hello Carl,

glad you are back.

Had I sent my PM during or around the crash I would have blamed it for our lost connection.

Because my account was nuked by the crash I had to reregister and must now struggle to regain credit for being eligable to send and receive PMs I suppose.

Btw, in the meantime I have posted a few more lines plans of modern ferries in my thread.

cos918

• Full Mayhemer

Hi Carl
nice to hear you.
I had a work trip to holland went out and back on P/O ferries. I brought a book on board . Two new ships one new era. It explains the maing of the Spirit of Britian/france and explanes why the bows are like the way they are.

John

deadwood

• Full Mayhemer

It explains the maing of the Spirit of Britian/france and explanes why the bows are like the way they are.

Do you mean the kind of goose neck bulb that is so common in temporary ferry designs?
Do they also explain the cause for the widespread use of duck tails or trim wedges?

I don't know the book that you bought.
But I am interested in the twins SPIRIT OF BRITAIN/FRANCE and would like to reconstruct the hull lines of them like I did for a few other ferries (see my latest reply to the other ferry thread here).
So if that book contained a small general arrangement would it be possible that you could provide me with a scanned image file of it?

cos918

• Full Mayhemer

Hi
The problm is the Sprit of Britian is a lot wider the the Pride of Dover. Since the Port link span mods were not going to be avaible before these ferris came in to Service the ferry had to be made in such  way that it could work with the older link spans so nence her not very nice bow.

http://www.ferrypubs.co.uk/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=&P_ID=503
There is a set of G/A in the book . PM me your email add and I will get a set to you. I think it is a good book and better with 50% off thank you P/O ferries on board shop. I have looked again at your thread on the German forum . You have done some very nice work there.

John

deadwood

• Full Mayhemer

Hello John,

many thanks for the scans and the photos.

You whet my appetite. Now I'm seriously considering buying a copy of the book about the two SPIRITs.

I also sooner or later will create a lines plan of the SOB (ouch, I guess this abbreviation is already related to something else %)).

cos918

• Full Mayhemer

Hi
Glad they were of use to you. I will check ever now and then on the German forum to see what you have done. I will have a look through my computer and see if I have any more ferry G/A + hull photo for you.

John

Ferry cross the Mersey

• Full Mayhemer

Hi friends - I am truly sorry not to have been about for a while but, as well as being stupidly busy with the day-job (actually, working with others to keep the business afloat!), I have had some personal issues to contend with (which, as you can imagine, I have needed like a hole in the head!!!).

Please forgive me if I have not got back to you personally on matters - and now I notice that we have lost all our old PM's which is not going to help matters!!!!

I promise i WILL get in touch with you all soon............Ali - thank you for the nice surprise of the decals for SOFE - will contact you 'off forum' very soon.

Will update in a couple of weeks on the FEV front - I am sorry that not much has happened, but without the income from the day-job, I would be 'sunk'!!!

Carl

Hi Carl,

Nice to hear from you. Sorry about the late reply but I was waiting for an activation email after re-registering. Anyway took a chance tonight and I'm back in. I think we're all looking forward to your next update. Take care and persevere as it's going to be well worth your while and ours........

Thanks Antony
Nothing right now. Waiting for the right project. Come on Carl. FEV on the horizon!!

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer

Carl.
It’s odd that a builder can get so wrapped up in his own project that so much useful “stuff” can be missed.
Now that I’ve latched on to your trials and tribulations I must doff my imaginary hat to you. A mammoth task you’ve set yourself and it’s really heart-warming to see such perseverance.
As you may (or not) know, I’m a dedicated “scratch builder”…my choice. But I get the impression that making the prototype for a kit involves the scratch building process. To that end I was fascinated to see your use of “foam” when making the plug. Recently, “Bluebird” asked me why I didn’t use “blue foam” as a basis for a plug. Never having heard of it, and also being well down the road of traditional planking I had to reject the idea. But now that you’ve explained the “where’s and whys” I understand what he was getting at. I suppose both methods have their advantages and disadvantages. But possibly….just possibly…John had a point. The results you are getting are really making me re-evaluate my methods.
     Even as a well experienced scratcher I really admire your work. Although I dread to imagine our lake being full of  cross-channel ferries, I wish you well. Perseverence!
Good luck and regards. Bryan Young.
Notes from a simple seaman

Ferry cross the Mersey

• Full Mayhemer

Although I dread to imagine our lake being full of  cross-channel ferries, Bryan Young.

What a wonderful thought, a lake full of green, orange, blue & white TT ferries, can't wait!!

Thanks Antony
Nothing right now. Waiting for the right project. Come on Carl. FEV on the horizon!!

wartsilaone

• Ferry Small Ships
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Ferry Small Ships

I'll second that Antony.

I can just imagine a port set up with ferries coming and going, all in 1:96 scale..... HEAVEN!

Ali 

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer

Ali - don't forget the Kalakala's due in port too. O0 :}

Dave

Ferry cross the Mersey

• Full Mayhemer

Wow Dave, that is one ugly vessel  :o Like an Airstream on water........horrible

wartsilaone

• Ferry Small Ships
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Ferry Small Ships

It's like Marmite.

deadwood

• Full Mayhemer

Ali - don't forget the Kalakala's due in port too. O0 :}

Wow, I've never heard of this ferry.

ShipSpotting.com

© Raisuke Numata

Looks a bit like one of those Diesel Locos of the Pacific Union Railway.
Was her service as spectacular and reliable as the suspension of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge?
Seems they have some ingenious engineers in that region.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer

I'll post a little info tomorrow - she had many innovations and some history.
I'm going to build her soon.

Dave - Marmite Lover

cos918

• Full Mayhemer

Hi carl
an update on your ferry kit

john

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer

Hi Carl
Yes, there's still interest O0
Dave

Ferry cross the Mersey

• Full Mayhemer

Me to Carl.
I hope it's still in development as I'm really eager for this kit.
Thanks Antony
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.