Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ITS MY RRV BARGE..WITH WORKING BOOMS AND MANIPULATOR...  (Read 12139 times)

rathikrishna

ITS MY RRV BARGE..WITH WORKING BOOMS AND MANIPULATOR...
« on: January 23, 2011, 04:57:18 am »

Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen...after joining in MBMH, i started enjoying my life with my crafts..may be, because of my living situation, it giving me an ample of satisfaction and enjoyment..but as i started to play with my crafts, the head aches also followed...the ever first fear was the motor blowout..so i asked to my brother for some help..he got angry over me...so i found solution for it..reworking..so, after making a speed controller, the motor, battery  related probles rectified...then i came up with a new problem..was leaves and debris along with weeds in water areas...it stranded on my props..and only way to recover it was to swim..so wet dress..lots of mud..roughend hair...and comments from natives..and above all a clean recipe for the "FESTIVAL OF BEATS" from Maaajee....her hands are too hot on me...and nails on cheeks..and possible roughest words in all known languages...ohh..

rathikrishna

Re: ITS MY RRV BARGE..WITH WORKING BOOMS AND MANIPULATOR...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 04:58:35 am »

but how can i stop playing with my crafts..? if so, better to die... so again i found a solution..by buying a plot for myself..i bought a plot, that contains a canal area and a nice swimming pool all near to my first grand home...so after cleaning it all with laboured people, its clear...but still a fear governs me,after i faced an incident...one day my battery pack discharged fully, because it was poorly charged...and i pumped up my craft in full speed...

rathikrishna

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 04:59:43 am »

so i got job once more...so that was the time , that my blood pressure reached to high..to find a solution for it...so i decide to make a recovery craft...so i started to get some ideas for it...and always it was in my mind...as days passed..one day i saw a posting here in MBMH, from our Respected  Administrator Mr Martin,was about a craft, was named EDDA FONNE, that was a craft, with ample of complicated electronics and mechanics....

rathikrishna

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 05:00:14 am »

nd one of the most interesting aspect was its working crane...all it was powered by hydraulics...and surely that craft was a HEMAN among all...a stunningly looking craft in all respects...it was a primer in to my brian to ignite the charge of the idea of a recovery craft ...
so i decided to make one..but soon i realised that, actualy i need not a crane, instead a manipulator on booms as we can see on excavators...

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 05:01:03 am »

then i burned my brain alots for it...at last i solved it..all in ever simplest possible manner...

first of all i praise our respected Administrator, Mr Martin, for the postings about EDDA FONNE....because it was an explosion to me...as idea...

rathikrishna

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 05:02:17 am »

then i took a intense study about a backhoe loader , and found one thing..the total movements were activated by the movements of pistons attached to each booms...so it was simple...

rathikrishna

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 05:03:05 am »

but still, i was thinking about a wireless controlling system for my craft...i do not have any computerised radio system, with 18 or 20 channels...no hydraulic pumps...no powerfull motors...no lathe works...and alone...so , for testing i used some toy rc systems...then, keeping in mind, my need,as 6 channels, i converted a toy rc system in to RADIO MATRIX MODE, to get a 6 channel by same carrier wave...so i made a simple audio coded PWM, system in my RC system...after some trial and errors method it started work flawlessly...so i got the control system...and i choose 4 power transistorised output system,in final stage of my transmiter...i do not know the exact range of transmission from TX,but i tested it with my Pachu,my student boy, as i fixed the reciever on his bicycle,and a motor, then send him on...after reaching a culvert, he called me in phone..there is a booth near to culvert...

so the culvert is situated 2.5 kms from my grand home...then it worked without any trouble...so i got enough confidence with it...

rathikrishna

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 05:04:10 am »

so i made the RRV for me...RRV..?  yes means Rathi's Recovery Vehicle...hi...hi...it must be capable of, holding a craft, and must be big enough to withstand all torque forces, and must be capable to manipulate a stranded craft...and yes can rotate in 360 degree continuously....!!!!...so i started my work...

1, as usual i started with expanded polysterene...c1,c2,c3,c4 shows the constrution of hull...

rathikrishna

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 05:04:49 am »

and here....

rathikrishna

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 05:05:56 am »

after that i found some gearboxes from scraped toys for me...

rathikrishna

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 05:07:01 am »

i choose many gear boxes for to select....

by keeping a whole idea in mind i started to work for my great rrv...C7 shows the basic fixation of the rotator gear box to a platform,all from 4mm
thick foam board...

rathikrishna

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 05:07:37 am »

C8 shows the gearbox for main lower boom...

rathikrishna

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 05:08:12 am »

C9 shows its attachment...all booms are 1mm thick foam board...

rathikrishna

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 05:08:49 am »

C10 shows the upper boom..pivoted just like a excavator...

rathikrishna

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 05:09:29 am »

then i feixed a compound independent gear box, behind the main gear boxes  as C11...

rathikrishna

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 05:10:05 am »

C12 shows the boom pivot and actuating piston...the piston is a ball point pen body, and the piston is nothing but a brass rod, and its tip was flattened by hammering and a hole was drilled to fix on the cross rod of upper boom....

rathikrishna

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 05:11:25 am »

as booms finished, it was the time to make cabin....all from thick drawing papers...

rathikrishna

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 05:12:04 am »

then i fixed two identical  pinch rollers just under the main platform for a great and smooth circling...as in C14...

rathikrishna

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 05:12:44 am »

the fig 16 shows the boom actuating gearbox setups...

rathikrishna

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 05:13:33 am »

HOW THE BOOMS WORKS...?   SEE THE vidEO HERE.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKARkuEtxi8

rathikrishna

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 05:14:26 am »

yes, the working principle behind the working booms are simple..the lower boom is simply attached to the main gear box, as you can see in fig C8..so when the motor start to turn..the boom also go up and down....

rathikrishna

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 05:15:21 am »

then the upper boom is actuated by a piston ,is a ball point pen, with a brass rod in it,and a fishing line is tied just to the inside tip of the brass rod...as you can see in C31, and C32...and C33...and after guiding the fishing line through hidden panels of booms itsels,it reaches at the tips of the gear box shafts, as you can see in fig C36...and i tied all fishing line on to the gear shafts...so when the gear start to rotate, it also winds up the fishing line attached to it...so after some turns the fishing line start to get tension, then pulls the brass rod...the brass rod is attached to cross bars of each boom and manipulator...so it also will be actuated...so simple...

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 05:16:06 am »

sorry Rathi........ :((

Could I suggest that if a new member joined Mayhem  O0.......today & read all of you posts.... %% ..I suspect that the new member [she/he] ....would not believe what they see & read...........Derek  %)
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

rathikrishna

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 05:16:43 am »

after workout i checked the booms with weight..it can easily hold 1 Kgs in hang...

so after thourough check ups, i made the whole exterior...all from foam board...C24, C25 shows the bodywork...i added a loads of talcum powder in to deep orange paint, to get a matt texture...

rathikrishna

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 05:17:52 am »

hen i turned to propultion...the main gear box is from a toy car, but with a reworked motor for 7.2 volts...basiccaly it was a 3 volt motor...you can see the gear box in fig C37...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.