Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my tub  (Read 2756 times)

campersands

my tub
« on: January 02, 2011, 11:20:25 pm »

ok2 hi all. found some build pics of my tug. 2ft long 9in wide scratch built from ply.took me about 3 weeks to finnish, working lights and radar. this is the first tug i've done and am quit happy with the result. just need radio gear and motor to finnish.now working on the crane bardge to finnish it off .all lights and radar work of a 9v battery. motor for radar is from an old tape deck  ;) . I love the feeling of making something from a sheet of wood much better than buying a plastic kit!! much more satisfying doing it yourself  ;) . i think that everyone should try a scratch build with no plans as you might surprise yourself and end up with something a bit different  O0

campersands

Re: my tub
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 11:24:00 pm »

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 11:26:14 pm »

It may be that with the stern shape you have chosen, manoeuverability astern will not be outstanding. (what makes me think that??)( BTDTGTTS) However, that's why we design and build - in order to learn. Good luck with the trials.

campersands

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 11:28:12 pm »

campersands

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 11:31:53 pm »

;) cheers tobyker,not trying to teach you guys how to suck eggs !! :embarrassed:  As you said thats how we learn  :-))

Roadrunner

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 11:40:13 pm »

hey bud is your topic title a typo? it says my tub  %% if its ment to say my TUG just pm Martin he will re-set the topic title for you :-))

i was half expecting to see a tug build made from a bath tub sure many remember that post!  {-)

rathikrishna

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 05:33:35 am »

its great..nice work...inspiring...thanks for sharing...

campersands

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 10:55:58 pm »

:-)) thank you,glad you like it  :}

rathikrishna

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 11:57:26 am »

sure..thank you..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 23 queries.