Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lighterage tugs  (Read 2547 times)

lighterman

Lighterage tugs
« on: February 04, 2011, 10:03:38 am »

some shots of the 1:32 scale models i built for mates at work.
as i had to build 2 identical ones i decided to make a plug and mould and lay up 2 hulls in glass-fibre then fit out using all the usual materials.
the motors are 12v ones i got from a local firm called distel they are buhlar motors and are silent in operation, in retrospect i wish i had given them a 3:1 reduction as the prop (whim wham) is fairly heavy pitched. the batteries  for them are the ballast so only the tiniest amount of lead was needed to trim the counter down.
i have 2 more lighterage tugs on the blocks of a different lighterage tug and will post some pictures as i am taking photos at each stage.

chingdevil

Re: Lighterage tugs
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 10:31:57 am »

Very nice Lighterman up to your ususal high standard. are you going to model any of the new Cory tugs? My Regain is slowly moving along, work slowing it down.

Brian

lighterman

Re: Lighterage tugs
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 03:29:07 pm »

Hello Brian.
Thank you for your comments, like anything i build i always think i could have done that better, but i guess you know that feeling yourself.
not got any plans to do the new spamcans! i have made a plug and mould for 2 models of the mersina but from that mould i can also build the recruit swiftstone and the touchstone should any one want one. i would be interested to see how your regain is coming along.
i have been taking pictures as i go along so might even post up a build story.
i might make a pattern for the towing hooks and cast them or the parts in resin as i have done with the korts.

Martin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 20 queries.