Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello everyone.  (Read 1508 times)

fishingboat

Hello everyone.
« on: January 24, 2011, 07:35:57 pm »

Hi everybody,i am from Dorset with an interest in static model boats,i would love to build them but my eyesights not what it used to be so i am happy to have the fruits of someone elses labour.

i wonder if someone can help me with the ID of this trawler,its 75 cm long and i won it on ebay yesterday,it has the look of a Billings boat to me but i could be wrong,any comments would be appreciated as the seller did not know of its history,thanks in anticipation of a answer and i look forward to many hours of participation on the forum.cheers.Peter.

Pages: 1 

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Hello everyone.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 12:20:41 am »

Hi Peter, and welcome aboard. While your model does have the look of a Billing kit it's not like any I can find on their website. The closest would be Nordkap, one of which I built about 2 years ago (photo below). However, yours is too short as the Nordkap is 81cm long, but it could be a now discontinued model from Billing. Others may know more.

Peter.

garston1

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 01:18:40 am »

Hello fishing boat, you'll find that the trawler you have is a static model made in china boat cut from a solid block and turned out by their hundreds. Quite nice looking but cant be converted for radio.  :(( :(( :((

fishingboat

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 07:56:09 pm »

Thanks Peter for your comments,
 Thanks to Garston too.
quote - Hello fishing boat, you'll find that the trawler you have is a static model made in china boat cut from a solid block and turned out by their hundreds.

Ihave not handled the boat till today as its a birthday prezzy from my wife and i am pleased to announce that the boat could well be a kit after all,the hull is not carved from a piece of wood,it is planked. :} cheers.fishingboat.

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 09:55:21 pm »

Welcome to Mayhem. Whoever made your boat made a nice looking vessel. Im sure that it will give you much pleasure sailing her.
Any problems or questions you only have to ask, as  youve already done. Happy sailing, the good weathers on its way. John.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 22 queries.