Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It ain't half hot Mum!  (Read 1703 times)

wideawake

It ain't half hot Mum!
« on: January 30, 2011, 12:25:29 am »

Hi all

To explain, I find me self, at somewhat short notice, in Claremont WA when I should be freezing at home in the UK.   My partner's brother lives in Claremont and she decided in early Januray that we should go and visit him for the first for the first time since 2003, so all of a sudden I'm transported from freezing temperstures in the UK to 30+ in WA and with a possible visit from cyclone Bianca.    Fortunately that seems to be coming ashore lower down and has been downgraded anyway but it could have been "interesting"! 

We're only here for a couple of weeks and Connie's brother has a busy schedule planned for us so I doubt that there will be any model boating, however he and his partner are (inevitablyaround hjere) keen sailors so we've already spent most of yeesterday sailing on his and his partner's yachts though yeasterday afternoon was more of a motor around after a haevy lunchtime rainstorm and the disappearance of the wind.

having now built a vcouple of scale sailing models I can now refer to topping lifts, peak haliards etc woith rather more iidea of what I'm talking about than last time we were here.

Anyway just thought I'd warn the locals that there's a Pom in town!

cheers

Guy

RaaArtyGunner

Re: It ain't half hot Mum!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 01:32:18 am »

Not to worry our rabbit proof fence keeps all at bay

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

30 degrees ??? wait till it warms up cool here at 38C

brianB6

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 02:18:19 am »

40 forecast for Melbourne and more to come

plugger

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 04:51:34 am »

thought I'd warn the locals that there's a Pom in town!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 08:10:39 am »

There there Plugger she'll be alright mate  <:( <:( <:(

wideawake

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 11:11:55 am »

Don't worry plugger, you're safge for a few days!   We've spent the day driving up to Kalbarri Beach Resort and we'll not be back until Friday!!   Make the best of it.   On Sunday I've got a ticket for the ODI at Perth.   I'd hoped to celebrate England winning the ODI series as wel;l as the ashes but not after yesterday's dire performance.   As for Andy Murray.........

Cheers

Guy

wideawake

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 08:58:54 pm »

It ain't half cold Mum   :((

Just in case anyone thinks that I decided to stay in WA - I can report that I'm back in GB.   Left Perth with temp in the 30s and arrived back at heathrow to around 10.   Not good!!

Brilliant holiday.   Next time I'll try to earmark time to visit the local club if there's the opportunity.  This time I had to settle for a couple of fun evenings sailing on full-size boats.

Cheers

Guy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 20 queries.