Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: yacht draught  (Read 2624 times)

slug

• Full Mayhemer
yacht draught
« on: January 30, 2011, 12:33:21 pm »

could you learned members please help with the draught of the robbe sirius 32 and are they any good cant make my mind up between victoria.sirius or comtesse limited to 320 draught

Dekan

Re: yacht draught
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 09:52:05 pm »

A friend has a Siruis, the draft is about 14". The Vic and Comtesse are about 8". The major problem with all the kit boats I have seen is the sails and rigging. Most Kit boats seem to have to have quite a bit of work done to them to sail well .

I have Victoria which sails well in all weathers. IMO the 2 piece mast is it's worst feature.   I have not owned a Comtesse so I can't comment on its sails and rigging.

It depend how big a boat you want... If you require a small boat buy a Micro Magic....but it needs a inch more water to sail in compared to a Vic...Other wise all I can say is Is that I have never regretted buying my Vic..

The Sirius is a nice boat with decent sails but the rigging needs some work... but it does sail well in very windy weather

Jimmy James

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 10:18:13 pm »

We have 3 or 4 Comtesse in our club, like all kit boats they need some tweeking at first but from what I have seen they are very handy, sea kindly & weatherly vessels that can be sailed in some strong--ish winds by people who have little experance
Freebooter
Retired  Ships Officer/ Master.
Experience: 50+ years at sea under Sail, Steam & Motor
Kings Lynn

slug

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 08:02:58 pm »

thank you all for the info i have a comtessa now boght second hand a very fine yacht had it out in strong winds sails very well  slug

Jimmy James

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 12:21:10 am »

Injoy your sailing
Freebooter
Retired  Ships Officer/ Master.
Experience: 50+ years at sea under Sail, Steam & Motor
Kings Lynn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.