Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Products that havne't changed over time...  (Read 7379 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Products that havne't changed over time...
« on: January 30, 2011, 11:48:54 pm »

Products that don't seem to changed over time...

Maltesers
Typhoo tea
Evo stick

What do you still love?

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

The long Build

Re: Products that havne't changed over time...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 11:51:03 pm »

Marmite   :-)) :-))

Mr Andy

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 12:00:24 am »

Am I allowed to say women? Remember they are a product of a spare rib. {-) {-)

Andy ok2 :-)

PMK

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 01:47:09 am »

"What do you still love?"

Wimmin, guitars, the aroma of glow-engine fuel, the aroma of a freshly-mowed lawn, the song of the Blackbird, oldie-timey Thames launches, the saucy dihedral on certain model planes, more wimmin, woodworking tools, metalworking tools, the glow/aroma of old-fashioned vacuum tubes, invisible electrons, talented musicians, female nurses, more guitars, decent curry, the Harley Davidson Roadster, any novel by Dean Koontz, Sainsbury's home-baked crusty rolls, Yorkshire/Wiltshire ham, Woodhenge, proper cider, El Sol, the folk who make ACTion's PCBs, all those 13-Amp power outlets in Tug--Kenny's shop, Morphine, maps, Bournemouth beach, the little cutie who works at the local library, the guitar 'bottleneck' given to me from FLJ, zero-point gravity theory, the mysterious Coral Castle (Miami), roast beef, peppers, Daddies sauce, English fry-ups, folk who spell "they're" as "their" or "there", SeaQueen, the sound of the Spitfire's Merlin engine, mint chocolate, the Scouser and Geordie accents, my sanctum sanctorum (El shed), more wimmin, more guitars, nobody nagging me to go to bed when I'm not tired... and Mayhem Forum.

brianB6

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 02:00:16 am »

Marmite   :-)) :-)) Ugh. <:(
Time you came to Oz and tried Vegemite.   O0 O0 O0

brianB6

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 02:03:15 am »

Mind you we cannot get decent Cider here despite Tassie being called the "Apple Isle"
Oh for a pint of even Bulmers.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 03:32:18 am »

Mars bars
HP Sauce
Crusty loaves of bread, although the supermarkets have tried their darndest.
Corned beef - believe it or not I like the stuff.
Jelly beans
Hardgums
Real bangers and pies from the butcher's, although the EU has tried its darndest.

And yes, Marmite
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

PMK

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 03:52:04 am »

Actually, Bulmers is not too bad, but it used to taste miles better when they sold it straight from the barrel. The bottled version is okay, but steer clear of the jollop in the cans. Believe it or not there is a heck of a difference in taste between the two. The canned version is a tad more gassy. Still drinkable, but then becomes just another cheapo version of Strongbow.
No, when I mentioned proper cider, I was refering to the sort produced by those obscure farmhouses of yesteryear - made with the old-fashioned wooden press. Rat tails and the odd spider's cobweb or two was thrown into the mix, just to add that extra flavour, and the colour of the end result would vary from anything between a manky orange or a putrid green. To the unitiated it resembled a sort of bodily waste, but the flavour... man the flavour was absolutely gorgeous.
In the meantime have a Bulmers on me.

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 08:16:49 am »

Right up out alley,

Water O0 O0

%) %) %)

brianB6

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 08:55:18 am »

Arrrr. I'd love a pint of scumpy.
Just don't remind my wife of her student days when she had to push her bike back to the digs after a few at the local.
I agree with Mars bars but they are now out of my price range: 1 pound 30 p. for a 55 gram bar.  >>:-( <:(

Lord Bungle

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 10:23:27 am »

Bovril the marmite/vegemite type drink that used to be part of my sunday morning when we had swimming pools rather than Leisure centres.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 10:30:09 am »

Just thought of three more staples when I go shopping in China.

Nescafe Gold Blend (about 6.30 quid for 100g here, how much back home in Blighty?)
Peanut butter
Heinz Baked Beans. (about 1.30 quid for a 15 oz can)
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 07:13:47 pm »

Gold Blend is £2.99 for 100g here in 'blighty'! We like Kenco blue label, on offer this week ...200g for £3

Heinz beenz (where did the 'z' come from?) seem expensive now but you have to watch the pricing, 1kg fridge pack £1.78 or 2 packs for £3....200g tin 48p...crazy or what? makes my head spin when i'm doing the shopping!

Don't think Johnnie Walker whisky has changed though...not sure...I can't afford if at the moment  :D
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

Le Caux Deux

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 08:39:49 pm »

Guinness
Guinness
More Guinness
Guinness & Cider -Long time since I drank that - poor man's Black Velvet
I suppose Guinness has changed - generally too cold these days - but at least its the same drink where-ever you drink it

Mike

nhp651

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 08:47:19 am »

yeh....vegemite.......love it.........not as salty and harsh as marmite............Vegemite and phily cheese butties.......just wonderful, lol

http://www.justgiving.com/lochnessscalesail

Nordsee

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 08:58:55 pm »

Actually, Bulmers is not too bad, but it used to taste miles better when they sold it straight from the barrel. The bottled version is okay, but steer clear of the jollop in the cans. Believe it or not there is a heck of a difference in taste between the two. The canned version is a tad more gassy. Still drinkable, but then becomes just another cheapo version of Strongbow.
No, when I mentioned proper cider, I was refering to the sort produced by those obscure farmhouses of yesteryear - made with the old-fashioned wooden press. Rat tails and the odd spider's cobweb or two was thrown into the mix, just to add that extra flavour, and the colour of the end result would vary from anything between a manky orange or a putrid green. To the unitiated it resembled a sort of bodily waste, but the flavour... man the flavour was absolutely gorgeous.
In the meantime have a Bulmers on me.

You are talking about "Scrumpy" !! Liquid dynamite. A Pint of that "Apple Juice"(Country Pubs in Devon and Cornwall used to sell it as Apple Juice to unsuspecting German and French Tourists, then the locals would sit back and watch the fun!!) will make most people who are not used to it, totally Smashed!

Nordsee

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 09:01:36 pm »

Gold Blend is £2.99 for 100g here in 'blighty'! We like Kenco blue label, on offer this week ...200g for £3

Heinz beenz (where did the 'z' come from?) seem expensive now but you have to watch the pricing, 1kg fridge pack £1.78 or 2 packs for £3....200g tin 48p...crazy or what? makes my head spin when i'm doing the shopping!

Don't think Johnnie Walker whisky has changed though...not sure...I can't afford if at the moment  :D
0.7 litre bottle of Johnie Walker costs 10 Euros here in our Lidl Super market.That is about 8 pounds to you.

nhp651

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 09:04:58 pm »

You are talking about "Scrumpy" !! Liquid dynamite. A Pint of that "Apple Juice"(Country Pubs in Devon and Cornwall used to sell it as Apple Juice to unsuspecting German and French Tourists, then the locals would sit back and watch the fun!!) will make most people who are not used to it, totally Smashed!

they didn't only just sell it to foreign visitors and sit back to watch the fun...........they sold it to poor unsuspecting college students like me, who thought they could handle a few pints.lol.............boy the hang overs were the worst i ever suffered, {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) %% %% %% %% %% %% %%

http://www.justgiving.com/lochnessscalesail

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 09:15:10 pm »

Heinz Tomato Soup still seems much the same, price apart.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 09:36:22 pm »

0.7 litre bottle of Johnie Walker costs 10 Euros here in our Lidl Super market.That is about 8 pounds to you.

That's cheap!

J Walker Red Label £13

Green Label is over £27!

both 75cl size

I can't believe it... >>:-(

I like Heinz Pea & Ham  :embarrassed: Its changed beyond all recognition, they can't leave anything alone... I still like it though!

XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

sentry

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 09:39:09 pm »

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm a big bacon butty, Heaven on a plate.
                          Sentry.

phillnjack

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 11:10:23 pm »

PG TIPS

the taste is the same as ever.

fry's turkish delight  same lovely taste

Milky bars  same taste

tax   its still killing us all   %%

phill :-)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 11:24:59 pm »

I like Heinz Pea & Ham   Its changed beyond all recognition, they can't leave anything alone...   I still like it though!

{-) {-) {-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 03:16:46 pm »

{-) {-) {-)

I like sprouts as well, they've not changed at all, must be my taste buds...I haven't got any...well maybe just a few

:D {-)

regiment

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 03:51:51 pm »

hi tiger tiger in the paper to day nescafe  original £3 50 down from £4 79  200 g  pg tips £ 2 50 down from £4 25 160 pack
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.