Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Other RC Power boaters in the Cheltenham area  (Read 4997 times)

samuelmerry

Other RC Power boaters in the Cheltenham area
« on: February 02, 2011, 01:54:44 pm »

Hi,

I have recently moved to Cheltenham from Bath (where I have run once or twice with Bristol Pegasus) and have been looking for a local club that runs IC boats but I cant seem to find one.
Are there any other boaters out there in this area?
I have also located a lake, www.croftfarmleisure.co.uk, that will allow IC boats at certain times (I mentioned it already in the Vic Smeed "Slalome" rebuild).
Until now i have ran on my own, besides the time with Bristol Pegasus, and would enjoy some company!

samuelmerry

Re: Other RC Power boaters in the Cheltenham area
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 04:14:33 pm »

Thanks Martin, I think my eyes must be painted on! could not see this section for looking......

triumphjon

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 08:27:14 pm »

there used to be a club in one of the gravel pits up at south cerney ( near cirencester ) that i remember running ic power , sorry dont know which lake , however the model shop in barton street gloucester is frequenced by a gent who is a power boat racer so may be able to give you some help ! . contact phil locke at pegasus as dennis wherlock was living up at bishops cleeve so he may know of somewhere to operate !

samuelmerry

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 01:25:49 pm »

I looked into that one a while back, sounds like they lost their water to a watersports company and faded into history, seems to happen more and more these days.....

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 06:26:34 pm »

As you say more and more lakes are banning power boats. As the farmers rent out to fishermen. Sadly more money in it. John.

samuelmerry

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 10:38:20 am »

What the model boating world needs is a millionaire to buy a load of lakes!!!  ok2 ok2

triumphjon

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 06:50:55 pm »

keep buying lottery tickets ! i think what the ic power boating world needs is an enthusiast with a lake or two !

samuelmerry

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 10:42:19 am »

Oh believe me, I will!!!!

samuelmerry

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 01:05:03 pm »

£51 million tonight........

Korky

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 09:50:47 am »

I have recently started a 3 - 6 month contract with a Cheltenham Electronics company and commute daily from further south west.

Are there any other boaters in this area who might be able to let me have details of suitable venues ?

I sail only Electric and use 2.4 Ghz.

Many thanks

Bill

triumphjon

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 08:53:36 pm »

while there is a known club who operate in the main basin at gloucester dock , there is also a pool up near the b & q at cheltenham that operate a narrow gauge steam railway who have a lake in the grounds .  i shouldnt see any problems in running electric models in the main park in cheltenham , its a reasonable sized stretch of water with a stream flowing through , parking wasnt a problem last time i was there !

787Eng

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 09:29:24 pm »

Bill,
You might have a look at Gloucester and District Model Boat Club www.gdmbc.co.uk
We have several great sailing venues. The club website should answer your questions :-))

Last thing I heard was RC boats were NOT allowed in Cheltenham Park.

The small lake near B&Q belongs to the Cheltenham Society of Model Engineershttp://www.cheltsme.org.uk/

Mark

Korky

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 07:37:40 am »

Thanks for the info fellas and I'll check 'em out before I bring any models back with me

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.