Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Somesay 2  (Read 2538 times)

DaveB

Somesay 2
« on: February 02, 2011, 02:31:26 pm »

Back in march last year i posted a thread on an airboat driven by the Stig called Somesay, i had a lot of problems with that model namely stability and burnt out esc's, so drastic action was called for hence this reincarnation.
SOMESAY 2 This time i have opted for a model powered by a 73mm ducted fan on 11.1volts the centre of gravity ic a lot lower and the model some 25% heavier the motor runs at 44000 rpm at 11.1v or close to 62000 rpm on 14.8v both within the limits of motor and esc, the first test was very exciting and the only problem being water splashing over the bows and entering the cockpit i have since added a windscreen and raised the cockpit sides so hopefully no more water, the hull is the same one i used on the airboat and is by Mobile Marine Models the rest of the body is freelance both the ducted fan and esc are from trusty old e bay, sometime next week i hope to get a video of her in action and i'll get that posted if all goes well then the first major outing will be at Wicksteed followed by Alfold.
Dave

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Somesay 2
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 02:42:48 pm »

That's a great looking boat...... do you have Clarkson Hammond and May figures for on bank heckling?
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

DaveB

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 03:45:26 pm »

Could this be the New Stig
Dave

DaveB

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 07:18:50 pm »

Had  her out on the lake at Alexandra Park in Hastings this afternoon as you'll see in the video i had a few problems early on but when they were sorted out it went extremely well and only messed up one lipo by over draining it, i ran for about 8 minutes on the one battery i shall cut that down to 5. One passerby wanted to know where he could buy one and how much so i'm pleased as punch with the results. Bit of a long video but worth a look
Dave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Hn64yKhKQ

pupjoint

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 09:02:50 am »

That's a cracking little boat you have there DaveB  :-)) and very stable on the water, you must be chuffed with that?

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 09:17:36 am »

Very nice Dave, wouldn't mind one of those myself.  :-))
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

DaveB

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 06:22:35 pm »

Thanks for the comments i'm very pleased with the boat and look forward to Wicksteed and that nice big lake.
Dave

BrianCartwright

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 07:54:54 pm »

Nice one Dave.Nice to see the pioneer spirit is still alive and kicking

Extra nice to see that tub of Laco flux on your bench.I use it all the time.Expensive but very economical.

Regards Brian :-)) :-)) :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.