Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: ITS MY RRV BARGE..WITH WORKING BOOMS AND MANIPULATOR...  (Read 12137 times)

kiwi

Re: ITS MY RRV BARGE..WITH WORKING BOOMS AND MANIPULATOR...
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2011, 05:53:59 pm »

Thermocol

Is there any difference between Styrofoam & Thermocol?

They are both trade names for Polystyrene (PS)

Yes, Thermocol is a plastic. It's polystyrene.

Polystyrene is a polymer made from the monomer styrene, a liquid hydrocarbon that is commercially manufactured from petroleum. At room temperature, polystyrene is normally a solid thermoplastic, but can be melted at higher temperature for molding or extrusion, then resolidified. Styrene is an aromatic monomer, and polystyrene is an aromatic polymer.

What is the Composition of Thermacol?
Styrene or PhCH=CH2 where Ph is the phenyl ring.

Since it is a polymer of styrene it is also called polystyrene or Styrofoam.

Description of Thermocol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermocol

Manufacturers

Niraj Thermocols
 Snce 1995, Niraj Thermocols is a leading manufacturer and exporter of thermocole products like thermocol sheet, thermocol pacakging, thermocole disposable. Our eco-friendly products are used as a packaging material and offers secure packaging.We offer thermocol sheets which are commonly known by the trade name Styrofoam. Our quality-prone products are used in insulation of building structures and as molded packing material for cushioning fragile items. The range of thermocol sheets is available in various thickness and densities to suit varied applications. These thermocol sheets can also be availed in regular and TF grades as per customers requirements.

Prakash Packaging, Ghaziabad
We are one of the leading manufacturers, suppliers and exporters of thermocol packaging material. Our competitive pricing, superior quality has enabled us to carve a niche for ourselves in the national market.

kalyanprodhan

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2011, 09:57:54 pm »

Styrofoam has no bubble in nature and exact similar found in thermocol Plate or other kitchenware.
Thermocols are bubble ball in nature and the ball bindness f loose (in low density thermocol) then it breaks very easily.

However, the oil based paint got thinner and eat thermocol. Then how you paint? Is it normal paint or specially made paint.

Generally, pant contain
1. Thinner
2. N C Lacquer
3. The base color/paint/mixpaint.
4. The material (french chalk).
5. other solvent like turpentine oil.

Now, N C Lacquer is the main binder. You added talcom powder, but can add french chalk. It will be more fine finish and cost effective I think.
=====================================================
Why not make your own airbrush?
Get an blower (your smoke generator like or aquarium blower. Keep paint container at low and use mosquito spray (atomizer)  like mechanism.

LORD VISWAKARMA is with you. You surely make it and the performance would be far better. You can use dextrose/saline pipe for this. :embarrassed:
=====================================================
Keep your health at first priority to make more model. We are waiting for getting well. %)

GOD BLESS YOU.

rathikrishna

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2011, 06:34:18 am »

(your secrets are safe with us - hi hi)...Sir you are wrong...in real sense...there is no secrets...i am making all crafts from the advice of my brother Mr Krishna...its a sad thing...all you may know him by his contributions...but no he is still in bed...cant move properly...got a spinal injury...but now he is almost ok...and coming back in to life...so i am still hanging at home, for him as my parents are old...but my time is running out as i have to rejoin in my duty...but i am too thankfull to you all for the great inspiration,for my postings...because all of my postings are from his brain...i was acting as a machine for his commands...so i always saves a copy of web pages accessed here in word form, and shows him at home...so now he has a good improve ment...as he sees the positive responses from you all...it may be gods determination, about me, to look after him...his wife , left him alone after his accident...i dont know how can a woman leave hers pair in desperate situation...because i am also a woman...so gad may bless us all...please pray for us...and thanks for the great inspiration for us....especially to me...and please pray god to give me even more power by mind and body, to with hold this gruelling situation...its a request.....

rathikrishna

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2011, 06:41:33 am »

Friends thanks for the great advices...but here in my native, thermocol and Styrofoam aren't same...a Styrofoam is , a structure with a high density in nature...more stiff, but can bend a lots...but thermocol is solid, in to blocks, while the Styrofoam, is in to rolled sheets...here Styrofoam mainly used in seat industry...for cars...while thermocol is used for packaging...so i do not know exact details about these as none of the dealers are not known its property...but still i goes for thermocol...a sheet in to 3 foot long and 1.5 foot wide...and hope one day i will get some balsa kits...from some where...hi..hi...thanks for the discussion...and never for get to advice, me, about a material, that can be used instead of thermocol...

rathikrishna

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2011, 06:48:36 am »

Hey Kalyan..will you give me some guidance o paint on thermocol,ith much ease..?  and a way to scrap out excess putty from model...? any idea...?

kiwi

« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2011, 09:08:22 am »

Hi Rachu,
You seem to have a very nice material to use there. I have used the white ridged packaging, (what we call styrofoam here or foam polystyrene), which is ridged and can buy it in quite large blocks of varying densities. Some is nice to work with, while some just crumbles into beads, not good at all.
My foamy corsair is made from a similar material even though they call it eps. Have to use a very light weight flexible filler to get rid of the pattern in the surface on the planes, but I have plated my paddle steamer with card and paper and then painted with acrylic (water based) paints. Just can't get the finish that you get on your boats.
Our best wishes and prayers to your brother and yourself for a very speedy recovery from your respective illnesses.
Take care
kiwi

rathikrishna

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2011, 09:18:36 am »

Hai Kiwi..."Have to use a very light weight flexible filler" will you tell me more about this..? what kind of material is that...?  please...

tt1

• Full Mayhemer
  • If I only know a little - then I can learn a lot
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2011, 04:01:51 pm »

(your secrets are safe with us - hi hi)...Sir you are wrong...

Rathi, it refers to your night video at the pool as in your post no. 31.
       Wishing you and your brother well, regards, Tony.

kiwi

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2011, 05:56:06 pm »

Hi Rachu,

"Foam Putty" branded 'Subterrain' that is intended for building model rail-road scenery eg rocky outcrops and is very light.
It is stirable, thinnable and ideal for use with foam and can be sanded and carved.
kiwi

rathikrishna

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2011, 05:52:17 am »

Thank you Kiwi...i will try to get it from here...

RRS01

« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2011, 06:13:53 am »

How are You feeling, Rachu???   :-)

rathikrishna

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2011, 08:03:20 am »

head ache..chest pain..hi..hi..but no time to sit up at home...ommmm....

Jimmy James

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2011, 09:27:48 pm »

Rathrishna
 I have been following your builds with delight and amazement, some of your solutions are brillant and remind me of the way things were after the war and in the 50s and early
60's  when modelers had to make all of thier own fittings. Carry on Lass you win my vote.
Freebooter
Retired  Ships Officer/ Master.
Experience: 50+ years at sea under Sail, Steam & Motor
Kings Lynn

rathikrishna

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2011, 05:29:43 am »

Thank you Jimmy..now i am graced, because i came to kno that my works inspired you all...thank you...i hope i can expect more ideas from you all...have a nice day...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.