Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model Boats Magazine...  (Read 19750 times)

The long Build

Re: Model Boats Magazine...
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2011, 08:53:59 pm »

Are Mb able to make a claim as it seems a few mags were/are still delayed , Mb Have I assume incurred costs in having to reissue a replacement mag ?.  Or is it only the big boys who have the power to put in a claim.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2011, 09:39:37 pm »

Hardly practical as written proof would be needed from all those with missing issues and I think the maximum compensation for unregistered post is just a few first class stamps! Obviously the situation is different for expensive parcels sent under some form of registered post.

Colin

tony52

« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2011, 01:05:19 pm »

Kindle Copy... Now I Like the sound of that.. :-)) :-))That would put MB ahead of the Rest...  :} 

Larry,
I guess you would like that!! To find Model Boats alongside magazines like The Spectator and The Economist would be interesting. Problem is the majority of model boat builders aren't that interested in a computor let alone a kindle or ipad unit. I have just downloaded How to Build Model Ships and Boats to mine, an old American book which is still very interesting. The detail on building a flash steam unit is interesting. Well worth the £3.71.

Tony.

The long Build

« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2011, 06:08:44 pm »

Larry,
I guess you would like that!! To find Model Boats alongside magazines like The Spectator and The Economist would be interesting. Problem is the majority of model boat builders aren't that interested in a computor let alone a kindle or ipad unit. I have just downloaded How to Build Model Ships and Boats to mine, an old American book which is still very interesting. The detail on building a flash steam unit is interesting. Well worth the £3.71.

Tony.

there is also the Asimov Mag..
I understand what your saying about the Mb Audiance but times are changing, there are 5405 on just this forum who obvuiously use a computer, a few more on the Rc forum  .
But as they are already digitaly available it would seem the next step, Downside is you would not get the free plans. But it would probaly mean a steady income from sales for a minimal outlay. Not that I have any idea what the outlay would be. Can only mags, Books available for the kindle be sold by Amazon, or could it be from the MB site direct ?.

As I say to me this is just the natural course of Media Evoltion , Look at the big boys who said Digital camera's would never replace film, They soon changed their mind to catch up , same with Vinyl to cd and now digital Mp3 Downloads are overtaking cd sales..
Its not a case of if , its just when..

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2011, 07:38:32 pm »

Free plans could be offered as a postable option.Who knows when though you would get them. John.

tony52

« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2011, 07:14:16 am »

Its not a case of if , its just when..

Larry, You are quite right, it is only time before this happens.
Asimov and others are also available along with some newspapers. Listening to Paul Lewis on Moneybox it would appear vat is payable to electronic newspapers etc but not to paper ones.

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2011, 02:14:20 pm »

I received my Feb edition today. Inside was a flyer for the Oldie magazine! What does that say about the perceived demographic of model boaters?  {:-{
Don't Assume Check

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2011, 02:30:28 pm »

I received my Feb edition today. Inside was a flyer for the Oldie magazine! What does that say about the perceived demographic of model boaters?

I'd say they'd got their market research spot on!  :}

Colin

The long Build

« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2011, 03:31:37 pm »

<*< <*< 8)

wbeedie

« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2011, 04:13:00 pm »

Got my Feb issue today also ansd can now look at digital back issues  :-))

The long Build

« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2011, 01:48:12 pm »

Well I think with all those issues over the January Issue, long gone I can only say I was very surprised and pleased  to find on my doorstep this morning the March Issue of MB which is not on sale until the 11February , how you managed to deliver them so early CB is a mystery , You Borrowed Santa's sledge ?.  :}  and 2nd class , So it just goes to show when the system works , it works well.. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2011, 02:06:05 pm »

Seems to be back to what it ought to be then. BTW I think Dave Wooley did a good job on Vic Smeed's obituary.

Colin

The long Build

« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2011, 02:15:15 pm »

Seems to be back to what it ought to be then. BTW I think Dave Wooley did a good job on Vic Smeed's obituary.

Colin
Yes it was very fitting, The picture with the Marblehead ? I like the smartness of his attire for the pond, reminds me of my grandfather who used to go to the allotment with a tie on !!

Never met Vic , but I am convinced he has influenced thousands of modellers and his name will live on..

regiment

« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2011, 05:04:18 pm »

do you not mean £2 a litre by august and not £2 a gallon

The long Build

« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2011, 07:32:40 pm »

do you not mean £2 a litre by august and not £2 a gallon
#??????

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2011, 04:49:06 am »

I would like to give Model Boats Magazine a big pat on the back. After a problem with my January issue, when some pages were printed twice, and others were left out altogether, I emailed editor, Paul Freshney, who forwarded the message to the subscriptions department. I received a prompt reply from Paul explaining what he had done, then another soon afterwards from the subs dept apologising for the error, and informing me that a replacement copy had been sent. This duly arrived, closely followed by the February issue. However, much to my surprise, the March issue arrived in my mail box, here in Australia, today, 11th February, the same day as its "on sale" date in the UK O0 That certainly is excellent service - well done, Model Boats  :-))

Peter.

Gra

« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2011, 07:57:12 am »

Had the same problem as Peter.After an email to editor i had my replacement copy within the week.
Great service.

Gra

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2011, 01:26:58 pm »

I fancy one of those Dark Biters, just don't tell Audie. Too late, damn...  ;-)

Double D

« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2011, 05:46:35 pm »

I fancy one of those Dark Biters, just don't tell Audie. Too late, damn...  ;-)

<*< <*< <*< <*< <*<

Nordsee

« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2011, 04:21:17 pm »

My Issue arrived last week as well, a good few days early! good read too. What is this Oldie Mag you mention?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.